Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
johnntab

Drives: 2010 2SSRS, 69 SS, 92 RS, 2018 ZL1
After having my car for 2 years, I got caught racing a mustang, and we both got tickets. With the help of some friends, the ticket went away as long as I completed traffic school.
My job has me working with law enforcement officers on a regular basis, so out of the blue last month, there is a warrant for my arrest. I thought it was a joke. It was not a joke. Turns out I had unpaid court costs for that ticket. Fortunately my Camaro was in the shop getting supercharged so I didn't get pulled over again before I paid my court costs. Now I'm certain he can't catch me anyway.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #16
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I haven't had a ticket since 1997. Six high-performance vehicles between then and now.

I just found out the the great state of Nebraska is eliminating the front plate requirement effective 1/1/2013. Yee-haw!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #17
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Since I am a leo I definitely learned my lesson there and that won't happen again.
What if you were a virgo? or a capricorn?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Hats off to you OP for taking responsibility and being a gentleman about it... bravo
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #19

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I made a conscious decision recently, that I was going to really "push it" on California's Hwy 1 between Monterey and Hearst Castle...weekday, light traffic, etc...
There were about 5 construction flagmen, I was stopped and the first in line at every one...I hauled ass every time, no-one in front of me, ever,...lol...I sort of got caught up in it and said, screw it, this is too good to pass up, I don't care if I get a ticket! Never saw one cop!...lol...
It was a rare treat and I just couldn't pass up the chance with those conditions, but would have taken a ticket without an argument.

Also, it would have been my first ticket in about 30+ years.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Hats off to you OP for taking responsibility and being a gentleman about it... bravo
Ya from experience being with other drivers who have received speeding tickets, arguing just got them into more trouble then just taking it. So that's what I did and the officer was very nice.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:

+1.....
Old 05-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I haven't had a ticket since 1997. Six high-performance vehicles between then and now.

I just found out the the great state of Nebraska is eliminating the front plate requirement effective 1/1/2013. Yee-haw!
Wow I wish Colorado would do that.
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEnergy View Post
Ya from experience being with other drivers who have received speeding tickets, arguing just got them into more trouble then just taking it. So that's what I did and the officer was very nice.
Yea, and trust me the respectful attitude will take you so much further in life along but also in future contacts with LEO. It is just some cops, while very nice, don't offer discretion to anyone..including other cops or military. Nothing wrong with that.. but it will pay off for you in the future stops and there will always be future stops lol.

Hell, people with positive, respectful attitudes have been only given citations from me instead of arrest when probable cause has been established for petty misdemeanor offenses. Luckily for me as a K9 handler, I do not answer to anyone for traffic enforcement or traffic "stats" ... as such when I do have to make a stop it comes down to their attitude only. Genuinely respectful, they leave with a warning and vise versa. After doing it for years, it becomes rather easy to see who is faking that level of respect.

Keep it up, man.. and consider taking it to court to see if you can get points taken off or a fine reduced. You would just have to set aside an hour or so that day to do it, but its better than having points (if you got a moving violation.. I dont recall reading what the actual cite was for)
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
It was 8 months after when I got my first ticket in my V6....and thankfully no ticket in 5-1/2 months in the V8
Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Got a warning for spinning tires,drag racing, and acting silly at Cruising week at the beach saterday, cop was cool told me to spend more money while I was there lol.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #26
derek19

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
I'm on ticket number 3. Actually have to pay it today.
derek19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yea, and trust me the respectful attitude will take you so much further in life along but also in future contacts with LEO. It is just some cops, while very nice, don't offer discretion to anyone..including other cops or military. Nothing wrong with that.. but it will pay off for you in the future stops and there will always be future stops lol.

Hell, people with positive, respectful attitudes have been only given citations from me instead of arrest when probable cause has been established for petty misdemeanor offenses. Luckily for me as a K9 handler, I do not answer to anyone for traffic enforcement or traffic "stats" ... as such when I do have to make a stop it comes down to their attitude only. Genuinely respectful, they leave with a warning and vise versa. After doing it for years, it becomes rather easy to see who is faking that level of respect.

Keep it up, man.. and consider taking it to court to see if you can get points taken off or a fine reduced. You would just have to set aside an hour or so that day to do it, but its better than having points (if you got a moving violation.. I dont recall reading what the actual cite was for)
I totally agree with everything you said. The original offence was a moving violation, should have been for 75 in a 50 (open road late at night, perfect weather, beautiful car what more can I say), but the officer reduced it significantly (59 in a 50, trying to convert the speed right) due to my otherwise perfect driving record. So I paid the ticket already and that was it, I thanked the officer a bunch of times afterwards. The message was received loud and clear, I took my car out today and I don't think I ever drove according to the law so perfectly in my life. I drove better today then I did during my driving tests lol.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #28
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I got mine on day 1... LOL
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote