Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #155
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
So yesterday I was picking up some supplies and and I get in my Camaro and an older gentleman with a smoke in his mouth is 6 feet from my car, just shaking his head. I roll down the window... he removes the cigarette from his mouth... and says.. "f*ck! that is the most beautiful car I've ever seen".

I'm not in a hurry to go home, so I pull back into the parking spot so he can check it out, he has a bunch of questions which I'm happy to answer about the new 5th Gens. He says to me that he's 60 and has been waiting for the car of his dreams and this was it, he now has decided cuz of my Camaro to get one! I told him, you're never to old to go after a dream.

He added, wait you're going to get swarmed with attention, I laughed and replied... everyday my friend. He congratulated me for the purchase and gave me the traditional thumbs up as I drove off.

Yeah, the Camaro markets itself with us driving it around, who needs commercials with this beautiful car. GM, you got people going nuts over this car! At stoplights at the gas stations, it never stops. It's so cool.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #156
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
To be honest, the attention in my area (S.W. Florida) is starting to cool down a bit.
I saw 3 different camaro's the last time I went out (I was driving the SUV). I saw a red V6, a red SS, and an IOM SS.

But when I take the Camaro out I still get thumbs up and looks, but its not quite the same as I first got the car (mid June). People in my area are slowly getting use to seeing the new Camaro.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #157
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
To be honest, the attention in my area (S.W. Florida) is starting to cool down a bit.
I saw 3 different camaro's the last time I went out (I was driving the SUV). I saw a red V6, a red SS, and an IOM SS.

But when I take the Camaro out I still get thumbs up and looks, but its not quite the same as I first got the car (mid June). People in my area are slowly getting use to seeing the new Camaro.

I saw a cyber grey Camaro at the last minute last week, a big semi was between us, so I didn't see it until it took a right turn. The driver saw me too cuz he slowed down and I could see him look at his rearview mirror, I gave him the thumbs up as I went through the intersection.

We have sightings in the NW but not alot yet, so I'm sure it will die down but so far, in two weeks, I've only seen that once Camaro since I've been driving in my Camaro.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #158
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
The attention is starting to cool down a bit here in SE Florida too.

There is an Avis that is renting them around here, and not to mention more than a couple owners in the area.

Now to find out who owns the other IOM with rally stripes that was driving West on Commercial in Tamarac at about 7pm-ish today as I was heading East...
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote