Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #15
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLT4 View Post
Don't street race, rise above it. It doesn't bother me if I let some dork think he gave me the pipes and intimidated me. I race him I look just as silly.

Yeah, TripleB, it pizzes them off to more of an extent if you just laugh and drive off slowly. Ususally they'll try to give you some "lesson" on how wicked their car is right in front of a Cop, into a curb or tree.

Take it to the track, you can find all kinds of people that want to blow your doors off.
Tell that to these guys promoting it with a product to make you even faster..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...464#post756464

Do it the legal way, in a track, even if you end up crashing, at least it is in a controlled environment.. Like this guy in the video below..
Old 08-04-2009, 06:34 AM   #16
ALLT4

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Next thing you know these guys posting these videos wind up with a ticket in their mailboxes.
ALLT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #17
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I agree... everyone wants to go home saying they "defeated" the new Camaro SS... Its tremendously annoying, and yes I also don't wanna see someone get hurt or killed because a guy feels like launching next to me cause he thinks I'm gonna race him.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
CamaroSS426

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via AIM to CamaroSS426
Do what I do, throw it in N and rev the engine, then when the light turns green hit the gas, while in N, watch them almost speed away and you enjoy your laugh. Me and a friend of mine were in my Caprice and someone wanted to race me. I just put in park and rev with him... I laughed for weeks when he took off right next to the police station...
CamaroSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post
Just a word of advice.

Anyone who street races and gets caught or twists their car around something gives the insurance companies justifiable evidence to raise rates even higher. Especially for cars like the Camaro, which personally I think is unfair.

So in a way people that street race ruin it for everyone. Well, at least the ones who get caught. Think about that the next time you open your bill or pull up to a stoplight-- it makes for good motivation to raise a finger and throw and "expletive deleted" their way.
So does the woman on the cell phone, the girl txting, the guy driving to fast in the rain, the guy driving drunk ect....................point not found
Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #20
ALLT4

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
When they're looking at you at the red light, rev the engine high, yell "IT'S RED GO!" while doing a fake launch.

No... don't do that they're so dumb they're liable to fall for it and kill someone.
ALLT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #21
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Street Racing is dumb!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Keep it at the track. Remember that those guys just want to beat something out of their league so don't give them the chance.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #23
Rickscamero

Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun6644 View Post
Hey guys, have a 2SS IBM here...

When I am driving, usually at night or early in the morning, a lot of street racers usually try to screw with me. Usually in a hooptie (probably a car worth a thousand dollars).

I am not scared of the speed or crashing, but I really don't feel like getting pulled over and arrested for it. I am a CJ student and plan on a career in some variation of law enforcement and don't feel like jeopardizing that for a stupid race and possibly giving myself a criminal record.

Anyone else feel the same way? I mean I will race at a legal track, but getting sick of the people who go home and jack off to the Fast and the Furious.

I love the speed of cars, but I would never street race on public roads. Forget the fact that I may be injured - but what about the child chassing the ball accross the street...

Why do u even care about those kids in there ricers.. Seriously, at the end of the day - u have camaro and they have a supped up civic. Move on with life.
Rickscamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #24
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
We've got a resident a-hole in my area...a guy, somewhere around early to mid 40's, who owns a few nice cars, including a Ford GT.

How does he enjoy the GT? Throwing on a set of slicks, and riding up and down the bypass, and past the weekly cruise night, looking for someone to race. A-HOLE.

I've had my fair share of run ins with him. I ignore his antics.

But I did find where he lives, and sent him this letter;

Ford GT owner,

I wanted to pass you a note expressing my sympathy, for your Ford GT.

I would be obvious to anyone who is a “true” car enthusiast that a car such as the Ford GT is meant for use at a “track day”, an organized rally, an enjoyable ride on some winding back roads, or a car show, etc.
True, on occasion, an owner of such a car might throw on a set of slicks and go to a track for timed runs, or the occasional race against similar cars.

But in your case, you throw on a set of slicks, ride up and down the Newtown bypass, pass by (back & forth) the local car show, trying to impress everyone. What a waste of a truly nice car.

You do know where Council Rock High School is I’m assuming? Why don’t you hang out there when school lets out, and you can try and impress the kids driving their imports. They might be impressed. Those of us who know cars, and how they are meant to be driven and enjoyed, are not impressed with your antics. We did what you do every weekend, when we were in high school.

If you want to impress people with your “world beater”, enter it in a car show, or take it to a track. Driving around, trying to race anyone and everyone is irresponsible and juvenile.

Signed,

A responsible car enthusiast
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #25
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
Moose That was a well witten note to nut case who will at some point wreck that car or worst kill himself or another. As a mustang owner and soon to be camaro owner it is wise to show restrainst knowing you have the highest demand car being built today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
We've got a resident a-hole in my area...a guy, somewhere around early to mid 40's, who owns a few nice cars, including a Ford GT.

How does he enjoy the GT? Throwing on a set of slicks, and riding up and down the bypass, and past the weekly cruise night, looking for someone to race. A-HOLE.

I've had my fair share of run ins with him. I ignore his antics.

But I did find where he lives, and sent him this letter;

Ford GT owner,

I wanted to pass you a note expressing my sympathy, for your Ford GT.

I would be obvious to anyone who is a “true” car enthusiast that a car such as the Ford GT is meant for use at a “track day”, an organized rally, an enjoyable ride on some winding back roads, or a car show, etc.
True, on occasion, an owner of such a car might throw on a set of slicks and go to a track for timed runs, or the occasional race against similar cars.

But in your case, you throw on a set of slicks, ride up and down the Newtown bypass, pass by (back & forth) the local car show, trying to impress everyone. What a waste of a truly nice car.

You do know where Council Rock High School is I’m assuming? Why don’t you hang out there when school lets out, and you can try and impress the kids driving their imports. They might be impressed. Those of us who know cars, and how they are meant to be driven and enjoyed, are not impressed with your antics. We did what you do every weekend, when we were in high school.

If you want to impress people with your “world beater”, enter it in a car show, or take it to a track. Driving around, trying to race anyone and everyone is irresponsible and juvenile.

Signed,

A responsible car enthusiast
tunacan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #26
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
The sound of my own exhaust is enough to satisfy my need, I know I'll be telling a few wannabe's to go the *** home. However I'm not a big fan of the Quarter, its too short for todays vehicles.
In my opinion, the quarter mile is a bunch of crap now. Maybe it was good when you hit your top speed near the end on 4.11's back in the 70's but in todays day and age it sucks. Far far to short to see a true competition between cars. I mean why the hell don't we have full mile courses where you can actually put the HAMMER down...

And there is no road race tracks around here...

And to the child ball comment, if you cant decide weather your life or your ball is more important.... I knew so I never ran into the street without first making sure I wouldn't get run over.

But if it bothers you that much, just craft up a big ol road rage card that says "Fu*k off ricer" And hold it up when they bother you.

Or even better, When they rev their engine at you, hold up a roll of toilet paper! Damn Fart cans!

Last edited by SleepWarz; 08-04-2009 at 10:19 AM.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #27
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Take it to the track.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #28
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
Screw it, race the punks ....