Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
In the CAI inc the filter box is closed & insulated & the tube is ceramic coated. They have done videos with heat sensitive filming showing it effectively keeps the engine heat out of the intake system. With the filter behind the fog light you run the risk of ingesting water into the system in heavy rain with ponding on the roads. I for one have lost a car to an urban flash flood & I have to daily drive mine at least some of the time (all the time for the first 2 years). CAI inc is also high on the list for best performance in independent testing. All are good. The CAI inc all around made the most sense for me. Just my 2 cents.
Ck this thread for more info:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260028
Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #30
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
why

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
I have a CAI brand intake and if I had to make the decision again I think I would try out the Airaid.

There was a v6 version of that testing thread somewhere I know it... I haven't been able to find it since I was looking to buy one though!
why would you switch to airraid just curious
Old 12-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #31
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
Airaid!!!!
^^This^^
Old 05-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #32
Laubin

Drives: 2012 Camaro
CAI INTAKE...Is it a must to relocate the washer bottle? is it because you just can't access the washer bottle with the air box lid in place?
Laubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #33
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laubin View Post
CAI INTAKE...Is it a must to relocate the washer bottle? is it because you just can't access the washer bottle with the air box lid in place?
It's not a must, but is beneficial; the reason being that the path of air flow is directly interrupted by the factory washer bottle. By relocating it, you have a clear path straight to the ground that frees up the restriction and air flow.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #34
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laubin View Post
I left my waterbottle in place. It's really no big deal to remove the cover to put washer fluid in, then put the lid back on.

Btw, I switched from the Vararam posted earlier in this thread to the CAI and I couldn't be happier..
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #35
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
I have the Volant CAI and is happy with results. Especially with relocating the windshield washer bottle and installing a air scoop.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #36
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
I left my waterbottle in place. It's really no big deal to remove the cover to put washer fluid in, then put the lid back on.

Btw, I switched from the Vararam posted earlier in this thread to the CAI and I couldn't be happier..
Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #37
ceballos007

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS
Question Thinking of getting K&N 69-4523TP Performance Intake Kit by K&N

Does any one have this intake or have any comments about it?
ceballos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #38
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
I love my injen short ram power flow.
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #39
HPerformance

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
I have the K&N and it sounds good, looks rather stock and I felt a nice difference in throttle response.

2011 Cadillac Escalade- Black on Tan- 20% Tint, Full WeatherTech,6.2L

2016 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT- Black on Black-

I like Black Cars.
HPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #40
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
I have the blacked out CAI kit with washer relocation and air scoop. I love it. Not much of a difference power-wise but it sounds great. Looks good too. My only real complaint, and maybe its just an issue with mine, is that the spring loaded screws that lock the top on are so easily turned that vibration from the engine tends to shake them enough to pop up them up and unlock the lid. Its not like I've ever opened the hood and found my lid somewhere else in the bay or something. Its just my OCD freaking out. One of these days i'm going to try to find a stiffer spring at a hardware store to fix the problem. Does anyone else have the same issue?
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #41
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
I ended up switching from the CAI intake to the RotoFab and I really like the difference. I think the RotoFab looks better and I don't get the wheezing sound that I had from the CAI.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #42
moneymike0284

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
I ended up switching from the CAI intake to the RotoFab and I really like the difference. I think the RotoFab looks better and I don't get the wheezing sound that I had from the CAI.

I was thinking about ordering one of these. Do they have fast shipping? I had some issues with the last company I tried to order my intake from and ended up cancelling the order. Now I'm looking for a new one and I'm wanting it now lol.
moneymike0284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v6 camaro, v6 camaro air filter, v6 camaro cold air intake