Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
Dankmeme

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 1lt
Question Blend door 2012 camaro

Pretty sure this happened alot to many of you, my blend door broke and the heat became basically non existent after watching a video i was able to rip open the plastic piece from the bottom to get to the blend door, and sure enough it was broken the same exact way in the video, turns out i am missing the actuator adapter so i just ordered it online and waiting for it to come. doing this basically saved me $1,000 + however i have some questions

My first question is.. is the actuator adapter essential for the blend door to work properly?

My second question is, after i intalled the blend door but have not yet put the adapter, i noticed that i am getting hot air on the driver side of the vehicle but the passenger side is cool air so is that a problem not related to the blend door? this is a question for anyone who has done a blend door fix, what would be the course of action after installing it and putting everything back the way it was?

Tags
blend door, v6 camaro