Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #15
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by david06851313 View Post
I just left the dealer. They are gonna replace the entire column. ...
What are they charging you for this? I have never even moved the wheel from the first day I got my car in 2009, I sure in the hell ain't going to pay for a whole new steering column. It's obviously a defect since I have never touched the lever in 5 years I couldn't have done anything to break it.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #16
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Anyone else have this issue yet? I was at the dealership on Friday and they claim they haven't heard anything about this. The sales guy that sold me the Camaro told me to bring it in and tell the Service Mgr to fix it, I don't think that it's going to be that easy considering I have had my car since June 2009.

Has anyone repaired this that can tell me how to fix it?
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:09 AM   #17
david06851313

Drives: 2014 SS ashen grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Anyone else have this issue yet? I was at the dealership on Friday and they claim they haven't heard anything about this. The sales guy that sold me the Camaro told me to bring it in and tell the Service Mgr to fix it, I don't think that it's going to be that easy considering I have had my car since June 2009.

Has anyone repaired this that can tell me how to fix it?

My car is still under warranty. It's only got 10k miles. Was fixed for free. Took them 2 days.
david06851313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #18
Tim417

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I know this is a necropost, but this happened to me last night and I found this thread and another. Just wanted to let you all know that yes, you can take it to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty. Since it wasn’t convenient for me to go to the dealer, I looked at it myself. The shroud comes apart after removing four screws in the bottom of the steering column (I think it was a 7mm hex head.) The lever is a press fit and once the column is apart you can see what it mates to. Too hard to describe over text, but you can PM me if this happens to you and I’d be happy to explain it if it isn’t immediately obvious. But it’s a 15 minute fix so don’t fret!
Tim417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #19
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim417 View Post
I know this is a necropost, but this happened to me last night and I found this thread and another. Just wanted to let you all know that yes, you can take it to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty. Since it wasn’t convenient for me to go to the dealer, I looked at it myself. The shroud comes apart after removing four screws in the bottom of the steering column (I think it was a 7mm hex head.) The lever is a press fit and once the column is apart you can see what it mates to. Too hard to describe over text, but you can PM me if this happens to you and I’d be happy to explain it if it isn’t immediately obvious. But it’s a 15 minute fix so don’t fret!
I have the same problem with mine, I've put it back on a couple times now and have it down to about ten minutes. The way they have it on is just stupid, it's only pressed on without any sort of pin to secure it.