Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 01-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #337
Camaros To The Max
AKA...Grim Reaper

Drives: 2010 2 LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Interested also........
PM sent. Thanks
Camaros To The Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #338
NSANEBLK

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS -1969 Camaro L65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
I'm looking at picking up a Camaro here in Raleigh in the spiring.
Hendricks is a sponsor of the Capital Area Camaro Club and has a huge selection. I didn't buy my car there but recently had warranty work there and they were awesome. I haven't dealt with Sir Walter but if it comes up stay far far away from Bobby Murray on Capital. 11 visits and just under a year to fix my leather seat.
NSANEBLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #339
NSANEBLK

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS -1969 Camaro L65
I haven't been on in awhile so a belated welcome to all the new NC Camaro owners! There are 3 big Camaro clubs in NC, for the 5th Gens anyway. Camaro South is in Fayetteville with a chapter in Jacksonville, Capital Area Camaro Club is based around Raleigh and most of the 5th Gen of the Carolinas members are around Charlotte and Winston Salem. I have met a few of the Camaro South members and they put on one of the coolest events in June, Camaros for Heros. We joined the 5th Gen of the Carolinas shortly after getting our 5th Gen in 2011. Great group of people and some really neat events. We enjoyed getting to park in front of the Nascar Hall of Fame last year and in front of Biltmore this year and are hoping to finally make the Blue Ridge Parkway run in 2014. We've also been lucky to get to know the Capital Area guys and gals this year after restoring our 1st Gen. (Thanks Kyle!!) Again some of the nicest people and we are looking forward to the Auto Fest in Raleigh in the spring. Camaro South and the 5th Gen of the Carolinas have websites. CACC has a very active facebook page. Hope this helps.

For anyone in the Raleigh area, Grill 57 out toward Garner has a cruise-in on the 3rd Saturday of every month and around 300 cars attended the one they held on New Years Day. Hopefully the weather in January will be as nice as it was in December and we will get to make it out there.
NSANEBLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #340
SSRedTerror

Drives: 2011 Victory Red SS
Ran with a dark read 2014 last night for a while heading south on 85. I was in the passenger seat of my victory red 2011 SS. I was just wondering if the owner of the 2014 happened to be a member here.
SSRedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #341
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Wow Carolinas, we've been slacking in this thread!! Wake up! Must be all the snow keeping us at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
I see you are from shelby. Gastonia here. You ever been to Shady Side? If so how is it?
I've been there, it was probably 8-9 years ago. That track was terrible then, not sure if it's changed. Looked like a war zone, and the staging area wasn't level. I remember pre-staging my manual LS1 Z28, and the car rolling forward and tripping the light on its own!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #342
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
What is going on around Charlotte this summer?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #343
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly@PCMofNC View Post
Wow Carolinas, we've been slacking in this thread!! Wake up! Must be all the snow keeping us at bay.

I've been there, it was probably 8-9 years ago. That track was terrible then, not sure if it's changed. Looked like a war zone, and the staging area wasn't level. I remember pre-staging my manual LS1 Z28, and the car rolling forward and tripping the light on its own!
Yes, we've been a little slack for sure.

I've heard the same things are still going on, so that confirms it. Mooresville is just as close anyways. Has every car you've owned been a stick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
What is going on around Charlotte this summer?
Charlotte Auto Fair coming up soon as is the NC Camaro gathering! We do lots in the 5th Gen Camaros of Carolinas club! You should check us out.

http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/

I'd love to see your car.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #344
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

I've heard the same things are still going on, so that confirms it. Mooresville is just as close anyways. Has every car you've owned been a stick?

Charlotte Auto Fair coming up soon as is the NC Camaro gathering! We do lots in the 5th Gen Camaros of Carolinas club! You should check us out.

http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/

I'd love to see your car.
I'm definitely hoping to attend some events this summer. I'm overseas at the moment but will be home in the middle of May. So unfortunately I'll miss the April gathering. :( I like hitting up Cars and Coffee as well.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #345
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:

Nope, not every one! Some things I prefer to be manual (like the C5 vettes I had), some things I'm glad are auto (my supercharged Silverado and TBSS), and with my f-bodies (4th & 5th gen) I don't care either way. My current 5th gen is a manual, but the 4th gen firebird I had before it was an automatic...a FAST one at that - twin turbocharged, and looked just like a V6 car. Talk about breaking hearts at the track!!

Todd, when you get back you need to register with the 5th gen club he linked you to! They do a TON of events, and are a great group of people.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote