Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #43
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
What city? Detroit... or suburb of Detroit?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #44
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Sounds like they got it in for you personally. You poor guy. It's all your family's fault and none of your own. You are successful, and young, and everyone hates you because of your youth and success oh, and your family is Important so that means you are too. They are so jealous of your new Camaro and your new job they want to ruin all your fun. Oh, the injustice of it all.

Not a facepalm big enough to cover the fail in your post. Stop acting like a jackwagon and grow up.
I'm not going to defend the OP for his actions or the way he expresses himself in his post, because I got the same impression you did. However, I would like to point out that in spite of the way he comes off he could very well be a victim of persecution here because we live in an age where it seems to be "Cool" to attack people for having nice things, and popular culture is encouraging it.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #45
cmick
corey

Drives: 2013 ss/rs m6
in my opinion ...if you were driving like an @ss then you need to deal with it , however just reading the small amout of info you gave i do believe that the local pd are screwing with you .and if they want to pull you over they will find away. and if your from a small community they sure will ! being from Michigan i would file a complaint with the county or even the state .
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
They cannot issue you a moving violation or charge you with a criminal offense if reckless operation is such without actually observing you drive reckless. Seeing skid marks in a parking lot is not enough. Hire a lawyer.

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #47
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Maybe ,just maybe he was wrong for burning out on someone lot butttt,
He has the right to see his car being hooked up ,thats no crime ,so I'm not defending his action ,some people say he should grow up ,well the officers should grow up also and stay professional and not take it personal
I had my hayabusa towed for drag racing ,they gave my 300 worth of tickets and let me help the tow truck driver strap it down on the truck the right way
p.s they assumed I was racing ,went to court they thru it out

It's not what you know ,it's what you can prove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
champ22

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
Going by the laws in the area I live in, private property does not matter when it comes reckless operation. Reckless operation is an arrestable offense so the car can be impounded regardless of whether you actually go to jail. Like someone else has said, an inventory of the vehicle has to be completed prior to any impound.

I also agree with pretty much everyone in this thread who thinks there is more to this story. By the amount of attitude and ego in the post, I would venture to guess that there was a lot of attitude there, but I wasn't there so who knows. I also don't know why people think that because you have something nice, they would want to mess with you. More likely it is because you act like an a-hole is why they mess with you. There are a lot of people in this world who have a lot nicer things than a camaro that don't get messed with.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #49
Wantconvertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ22 View Post
Going by the laws in the area I live in, private property does not matter when it comes reckless operation. Reckless operation is an arrestable offense so the car can be impounded regardless of whether you actually go to jail. Like someone else has said, an inventory of the vehicle has to be completed prior to any impound.

I also agree with pretty much everyone in this thread who thinks there is more to this story. By the amount of attitude and ego in the post, I would venture to guess that there was a lot of attitude there, but I wasn't there so who knows. I also don't know why people think that because you have something nice, they would want to mess with you. More likely it is because you act like an a-hole is why they mess with you. There are a lot of people in this world who have a lot nicer things than a camaro that don't get messed with.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Nail on the head
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #50
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
I had made a few tire marks and the vehicle had skidded a few times when practicing defensive driving skills.
practicing defensive driving skills?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #51
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
practicing defensive driving skills?
yeah.... how to break the rear tires loose
Old 09-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #52
Wantconvertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
yeah.... how to break the rear tires loose
lol very loud
Old 09-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #53
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Sorry, but from my point of view. you should change your driving habits and attitude.
Agreed- He's 25 going on 15.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #54
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i mean this all seems like a pointless thread. You broke the law and your car got towed....thats the risk you take when you mess around in a parking lot. ill admit my buddies and i used to do that all the time when i was in HIGH SCHOOL. and we paid the price a few times. cops would hand out citations for loitering (sp.) to those they didnt catch messing around and would ticket or tow those who they did catch. it is against the law to do what you did...sounds like its time to man up and deal with the consequences of your own actions...like most of us did a long time ago.

oh sweet...proof that you broke the law...thats a good idea
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #55
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're garnering attention from the police because of the way you drive your car and not because you're 25 and driving a Camaro. It sounds like they're paying attention to you because you're 25 and you're driving like an a-hole.

I've owned f-bodies since I was a teenager and you know the only times I got harassed by the cops? When I was driving like an idiot.
heyyyyyyyyy this guy gets it! Hot damn.. I missed you guys and these threads. Good to be back..

Also, parkings lots are only private property in a handful of states. For example... my state, Florida, they are not. They are PUBLIC ACCESS PRIVATE.

Meaning business property owners sign a contract with the jurisdictional authority city, county, or state etc.. saying that their LEOs can enforce traffic laws and crimes within their property as long as they are public access. Meaning you can drive off the road and park in your lot without warning of trespass.

The logic many of you have that cops follow or want to harass nice cars is really stupid. I have the same car you have OP, and continuing to modify rather heavily... am I jealous of you?

No... I pull over cars that the owners DO NOT take care off... that have tail lights out for months, bumpers hanging off to the side... if those people do not care enough to maintain their own property, my chances are far greater that a person who acts this way has outstanding citations, warrants, and/or drugs. It does me no good to keep pulling over Camaros, Benz. Lexus, etc etc when I never get an arrest out of it because those people have their s- together.

I have been stopped and cited only times when I was being an ass... oddly enough, when I drive around in my Camaro obeying traffic laws.. not one single cop gives me a second glance... and that is with a clearly audible cam shaft lope rollin next to them..

...weird
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #56
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
total waste of bandwidth...

Closed Thread