Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
"my dealer is sticking me with all of these extra dealer charges"

"my dealer is sticking me with all of these extra dealer charges"

Title states it all, let the camaro5 community know if your dealer is trying to rip you off by trying to add dealer installed options that you did not order and do not want…

See SummoneR thread for story.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Okay here is my delima.

I ordered my ABM Camaro from my semi local "at MSRP" dealer back in March. Since then they have sold a few Camaro's at MSRP but have added things like tinted windows and paint sealant, clear bra etc... to get more money out of the car, rather than charging more than MSRP... which basically is the same thing if you ask me. Now I planned on getting some in fact most of the things they are offering, and from them even, with the exception of tinted windows, I can get the back three done for ~$225 they are asking ~$600... But other things I'd just asume have them do. I am on the fence about having stripes painted on the vehicle, so paint sealant is worthless to me. I was told I could have it done after I get the stripes... but that may be a year down the road, I don't know for sure. The fact is I am just trying to get the car, if they add all this extra stuff I don't want or at least need right now then what? Thats a bunch of wasted money and material. In all the extras will run approx. $4,000, that's an extra $4,000 I don't have at the moment, as it is I need to pay the negative equity off my FJ in order to not be upside down on it incase I have to trade it if I can't sell it private party.

So here is my delima, I am told this is from the top down... I don't blame my sales guy at all, he has been great to this point and continues to be, but the powers that be are forcing this on the sales team... so I plan to talk to the sales manager and see if I can make any head way... if not, I guess I am prepared to cancel my order and order from some one else... again as I have said before I'd take a plane to go pick up my car if I had to just to drive it home... esspecially if I didn't have to pay extra for stuff I don't want or need at the moment. I don't want to have to cancel my order I would rather honor the original deal and have a good working relationship with my dealer... I could just have them add the stuff but thats more than I think I should pay for some items like window tinting. the others are what they are... like the car cover etc...

Help me out guys what do you think I should do?
on the Dealer...
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
on the Dealer...
Ask them if you get a kiss before they F*CK you. Or if a reach around is one of the dealer installed options.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicSix6 View Post
Ask them if you get a kiss before they F*CK you. Or if a reach around is one of the dealer installed options.
if they are anything like my ex girlfriend? No that would be too personal. But sticking it to her was not... Go figure... (towards the end we were just FTF. LOL)
Old 06-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
What does your original, signed agreement say?

I see alot of complaints but never back up documents.

I think alot of these problems are due to sheer ineptness on the part of the buyer signing a non binding agreement, price at market condition, etc.

The example above looks cut and dried. If you have a signed buyers order with a price, if the dealer adds items to the car that you didn't agree to, take the legal route.
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
if they are anything like my ex girlfriend? No that would be too personal. But sticking it to her was not... Go figure... (towards the end we were just FTF. LOL)
I had a couple like that. Those were the good days.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
well rust proof and that paint sealer seems like something that can happen. I agree the buyer has to pay attention to things. A lot of thing dealers will automatically do and they do it on all cars, I have caught them on this before. And I have seen people so wrapped up in the driving experience that the dealer asks them questions and they head nod everything. I would say that if you do not take a look at your order sheet and confirm everything you are partly to blame.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
707682Camaro

Drives: GMC Sierra, '32 Ford Roadster
Of the few dealers in my area that will actually do MSRP pricing on an order, all of them have stated they require an "environmental protection" dealer add-on to be purchased. So far, the price has ranged from $700 to $800. I still haven't found a dealer that will honor GM College Grad pricing.
707682Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
What does your original, signed agreement say?

I see alot of complaints but never back up documents.

I think alot of these problems are due to sheer ineptness on the part of the buyer signing a non binding agreement, price at market condition, etc.

The example above looks cut and dried. If you have a signed buyers order with a price, if the dealer adds items to the car that you didn't agree to, take the legal route.
You are correct it is cut and dry for me, I have the GM workbench order, it has nothing on it about dealer added accessories or options etc... Just a 2010 2SS, RS, Polished aluminum wheels, Black on Black leather, 6 speed manual.

The order is on my work computer I will have to forward it to home to convert it from PDF to a JPG and upload it if you want to see it.

I did have a verbal agreement for MSRP, when I asked to get that in writing and signed by my salesman the the sales manager I was told it's good, this is too big of a dealer with too big of a reputation to do that to you... but not too big to add a bunch of junk I don't want... I come from the old school, I grew up in a farming community where a hand shake and your word were as good as gold. I felt like I had that with my dealer/salesman, I still feel like I do with my salesman, but I realize now he really does not control what happens to my order... I am not naive, but I still try to believe in the best of people and give them a chance before I just dismiss them. But they will only burn me once... hopefully LOL. So I guess we will see what happens in a few months. Unless I decide I just want this taken care of now. I am actually going to look into whether or not it's legal first, if it's not I'm on it like white on rice, if it is... then I shall wait.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
The truth be said, it is solely up to the buyer to beware! Read everything, ask questions, never sign if you are unsure or feel uneasy about something. It usuallly happens when a buyer is over eager to get into the new ride! If you have signed you have purchased.
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #11
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
The truth be said, it is solely up to the buyer to beware! Read everything, ask questions, never sign if you are unsure or feel uneasy about something. It usuallly happens when a buyer is over eager to get into the new ride! If you have signed you have purchased.
This is so true however it is amazing how a dealer will look at you like you are paranoid just because you want everything in writing. Then have every excuse in the book when they are trying to screw you. If you treat them like a crook right from the start they are insulted, but have no trouble screwing you after you have trusted them. I would rather have the upper hand and let them think I'm a jerk.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I don't understand. If it is your car then you get it the way that you want. If it is a dealer car then they can add whatever they want before it goes on the showroom floor.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
This is so true however it is amazing how a dealer will look at you like you are paranoid just because you want everything in writing. Then have every excuse in the book when they are trying to screw you. If you treat them like a crook right from the start they are insulted, but have no trouble screwing you after you have trusted them. I would rather have the upper hand and let them think I'm a jerk.
That's where I was, I asked but was told they wouldn't do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I don't understand. If it is your car then you get it the way that you want. If it is a dealer car then they can add whatever they want before it goes on the showroom floor.
That's what you would think. But they were planning on it... I spoke with the General Sales manager today he said he would talk to his boss and get back to me Monday. This may no longer be the case, but I will find out Monday hopefully. If so I take back my sternly placed words of disdain.

Last edited by SummoneR; 06-19-2009 at 01:17 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
My dealer tried to sell me a powertrain warranty for 72k miles. Um, doesn't it already come with a 100k powertrain warranty?