Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
AVNMechanic

Drives: Want a 2SS/RS IOM
OMG ABL!!

No,there are no pics of ABL here, this is a response to all the comments about how the orange ABL looks with the low quality pic shown. Here are 2 pics taken with the same camera about 30 secs apart. Note one is much darker than the other. Same camera, different settings. Wait to judge how ABL looks once you've seen it in person, period.

As a side note, this is my first post here, been trolling (lurking, whatever)on these forums for awhile. The orange ABL picture issues made me post for the first time.

And for the record. I'm wanting a 2SS/RS IOM w/ silver rally stripes and IOM interior. And I'm buying a MUSCLE car for the MUSCLE not the pretty lights.

Sorry to those who I tricked with the title of this thread but I knew if you saw "OMG ABL" people would come running. Sorry to get any hopes up. Just be patient better pics of ABL will come out.

Last edited by AVNMechanic; 04-19-2009 at 09:04 PM.
AVNMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for the demo of the camera settings making all the difference. I was going to make something like that myself but you beat me to it.

As an aside, a lot of people are going to side with you and say they don't buy a car for the pretty lights and only care that it's a V8 or a Camaro, etc. While I think there's nothing wrong with this opinion, I think it's an opinion that won't be shared by enough people to sustain the car over the long haul.

Look at some of the threads comparing the Camaro to the 370Z and the Genesis coupe. I see a whole lot of people leaning to these other cars and away from the Camaro based on just the sort of minor details that die-hard Camaro people dismiss as trivial.

Would I buy a Genesis because the headlights move around to point in the direction you travel and up and down to let you see farther when going up or down hill? No. But I'm not going to dismiss this as a frivolous option just because it's a new gizmo. I'd love it if the Camaro had moving headlamps and I'd be disappointed if they announced that it would have them on the 2010 and then made them only half work or took them off the car completely like ABL on the dash or the HUD, etc. More options is better in my book, and judging by what typical customers are pointing out as advantages of competitors cars I think we need all the frivolous gizmos we can get.

Anyhow, thanks for posting the photo comparison!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
i believe the proper term is lurking not trolling.

but i really like the difference of those pictures. the other thing to think about with ABL is without being in the car you have no real idea the illumination of the car.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
you know you don't suppose to take pictures of the flight line. thats asking for trouble
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Good point.

I have seen the ABL in the IOM interior and liked it. I also commented that ABL on the dash would be a distraction and that the dash looked awesome without it.

Was ABL a make or break factor on my 2SS purchase? NO!

The 426 HP was.

ABL is an accent, not a necessity in a 2010 muscle car. I remember my 68 Firebird 400 HO could have come optional with a tissue dispenser and vanity mirrors.

Why?

Did you ever hear some guy saying I aint buying a 68 Firebird because he couldn't get vanity mirrors and a tissue dispenser?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
you know you don't suppose to take pictures of the flight line. thats asking for trouble
Whut?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
trudawg660

your not allowed to take pictures of the flight line.....not saying i haven't. but i dont post them in public places.

Last edited by trudawg660; 04-19-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
AVNMechanic

Quote:
your not allowed to take pictures of the flight line.....not saying i haven't. but i dont post them in public places.
If I was worried about blowing any OP SEC, I wouldn't have posted it.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
trudawg660

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVNMechanic View Post
If I was worried about blowing any OP SEC, I wouldn't have posted it.
ok, just watching out for fellow members, have seen a lot of people get in trouble because of pictures from their deployment.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
AVNMechanic

Quote:
ok, just watching out for fellow members, have seen a lot of people get in trouble because of pictures from their deployment.
Hehehehe, pics adjusted to get rid of anything at could be construed as OP SEC.

Thanks for looking out.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
RadRacer

Drives: Civic
RadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
WAY2FAST

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS Red M6
Hey WTF is that a picture of? It looks like an alien ship with a little tag along alien mini pod ship thing...WTF?
WAY2FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVNMechanic View Post
Hehehehe, pics adjusted to get rid of anything at could be construed as OP SEC.

Thanks for looking out.
LMAO, good cover up there
Old 04-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #14
AVNMechanic

Thanks MODs for adding the link to the other thread.