Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-22-2010, 03:07 AM   #71
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a Camaro without Cammo -- in a garage -- very fuzzy------

.........the world was coming to an end because it was uglier than - well - God only knows - but people were having strokes.............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there were the headlights..........

.....I believe we actually had some people turn themselves into vegetables when they completely stroked..............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there was the SS front fascia.........

Rumor had it that it was SOOOOOOOOOO ugly that small children would run screaming from the garage............

There were the pictures from Europe of the interior (with the infamous 'Shunt' label) -------

"....ugly as sin -- will never sell! ..." was the declaration of the month.......

COULD THERE BE A PATTERN HERE????

:bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:

Hi Fbod,

Wanna avoid these steps? Go right to production for the convert and Z28 right now!

No steps, no wait, no problems, happy customers, GM making money. yeeehaa!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:19 AM   #72
CaMuzzy
CaMuzzy77

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS ABM
Tow Package?!?!?

ooooohhhhhh....i really like the tow package....where can i get one??? I have a 42' Boston Whaler that I need to get to the lake next summer!
CaMuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #73
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I am at a loss to name any soft top convertible that looks good with the top up.

Most are designed to have the top down. My Sky is no exception. Meant to have the top down all the time, you just can't sometimes.

Even the Corvette Convertible is the same IMO. Looks ok top up but clearly meant to have it down.
Only once, and it was a beamer, with the inset rear window, looked slick.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:17 AM   #74
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
I like the looks
but I fear the safety loss...
any chance for a hard top?
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #75
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
The convertible is ugly to me. It does this car no justice. It needs to remain a hard top. NOW...maybe if it was a hard top convertible it would be alot better. But the rag top on that body style is just bogus.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #76
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Convert-ables

This type of car (2011 camaro convertible), likely will define, the MOST ultimate/attention getting car that has ever been built in a long time.

I would be certain the retractable top will be engineered/designed as best as possible without it adding 10k to the price tag.

I have always liked verts being it means your car is ultra-customized and it's also useful to people who prefer to just cruise around.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #77
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I think the color combo is ass but I think thats probly a modified coupe and a roof builder changed the car. The trailer hitch is there for diagnostics equiptment especially because its a convertible and theyll trough stress and torsion sensor all over the place. I cant wait to see a summit white with hugger orange stripes. Im sure by the time it arrives itll be really nice. Convertibles are weird only a few cars look good with the top up. The impact of a convertible design is always at its best top down. The third gen camaro convertibles are one of the cars that looked really good with top up or down. The 4th looked like crap up.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #78
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:

There was the first picture of a Camaro without Cammo -- in a garage -- very fuzzy------

.........the world was coming to an end because it was uglier than - well - God only knows - but people were having strokes.............

.....I believe we actually had some people turn themselves into vegetables when they completely stroked..............

Rumor had it that it was SOOOOOOOOOO ugly that small children would run screaming from the garage............

There were the pictures from Europe of the interior (with the infamous 'Shunt' label) -------

"....ugly as sin -- will never sell! ..." was the declaration of the month.......

TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #79
eltati

Drives: camaro black
This car on hard to is already big (its an ok looking car), but in the convertible version, the rear end looks even fater, ew!!! its ugly (even knowing its pre-production)
eltati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #80
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltati View Post
This car on hard to is already big (its an ok looking car), but in the convertible version, the rear end looks even fater, ew!!! its ugly (even knowing its pre-production)
Translation:: Honey (or Fbod)....Does this top make my ass look big???

We all know how that answer ends up in the household!!!
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #81
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
I am always on the site checking to see for updates on the 'vert,so this is great to see.I could have a coupe right now,but I have kept the faith that Chevrolet would not let us open air guys down here in Florida down.It looks like we were right.--The work on the mules goes on.COOOOOL!!!!
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #82
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

I vote YES..................definitely a pattern...................but I guess I would expect nothing less until the cars are being shipped............or at least in CTF in my garage and I can post real nice pictures................but I've done my begging so we'll see about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Convert without a hard top in 2010 looks cheeeap
Lets see a "grab a picture with probably a camera phone while I see a car on GM property" photo of a pre prototype car and you want to make a judgement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Hi Fbod,

Wanna avoid these steps? Go right to production for the convert and Z28 right now!

No steps, no wait, no problems, happy customers, GM making money. yeeehaa!
If only it worked that way..........................I like how you think though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Only once, and it was a beamer, with the inset rear window, looked slick.
Ok, then one...........so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
The convertible is ugly to me. It does this car no justice. It needs to remain a hard top. NOW...maybe if it was a hard top convertible it would be alot better. But the rag top on that body style is just bogus.
It will remain a hard top. GM isn't stopping the coupe and replacing it with a convertible. It is a choice for those that love convertible driving. And although no one will believe me, hard top convertibles aren't always pretty either. All they do is give you a quieter cabin. And by the way, a hard top would take up 100% of the trunk with the top down. Every hard top does this. The XLR? No trunk space with the top down. G6? Golf clubs go in the back seat with the top down. They are not perfect either.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #83
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Lets see a "grab a picture with probably a camera phone while I see a car on GM property" photo of a pre prototype car and you want to make a judgement?
Haha yeah - just an iPhone pic. But it was parked in plain site infront of the building.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Yep, hiding in the open. It was a good catch, and glad you could post it. Just don't want people judging THIS car. It is verrrrry early.

Trust Fbodfather. He has not told you wrong.