Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #99
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I have an LS myself, Ive wanted an SS (well ZL1 now) for the last year to say the least. I love my her though, and will seriously consider keeping it for a DD and getting a faster one for some fun!
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #100
lbedrock1

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS2 Red Rock
I'm happy with my car because it was my plan from the beginning to get what I could afford now and have fun with it and to get an SS later. I have a house In another city that wil be paid for soon which will allow me to get an SS. I'm content and have no regrets I got what fit in my budget right now.
lbedrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #101
lbedrock1

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS2 Red Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
Agreed..lol

I also plan to upgrade to either an ss or zl1, i bought my ls for a commuter car and to beat around in...once its paid off (hopefully by end of this year) i will sell my other car and do my upgrade and be a two camaro owner...
We are thinking just a like. You can't beat that v6 on power and gas mileage.
lbedrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #102
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I have the 2LS as a commuter car. The V8 in traffic is such a pig I couldn't see wanting it. Plus I don't race, so the V6 has turned out to be plenty of pep. More is always more. In this case more fuel efficiency means more I spend on something else. Plus the LS is cheap compared to other performance options I was exploring (BMW, for example). Not sure why the Mustang never came to mind. Guess I just don't like them.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #103
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
...it looks just like a 1LT RS, except without leather.
The 1LT doesn't have leather, either. Leather is a "2" feature (2LT, 2SS).
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #104
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
I have the 2LS as a commuter car. The V8 in traffic is such a pig I couldn't see wanting it. Plus I don't race, so the V6 has turned out to be plenty of pep. More is always more. In this case more fuel efficiency means more I spend on something else. Plus the LS is cheap compared to other performance options I was exploring (BMW, for example). Not sure why the Mustang never came to mind. Guess I just don't like them.
Agreed. Every time I'm out in traffic I think to myself "man, I should have gotten an LS instead of this pig". I should go see if I can trade it in
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #105
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
Agreed. Every time I'm out in traffic I think to myself "man, I should have gotten an LS instead of this pig". I should go see if I can trade it in
Well I've had both now and they're both great cars and I could live with either one (for different reasons). When I drove off the lot with the manual V8 from my auto V6 I was wondering how horrible it would be to be in bumper to bumper traffic let alone stop light after stop light. Low and behold just ten minutes from the dealer I was in bumper to bumper traffic in rush hour on a four lane highway. It surprisingly wasn't bad at all (you can just coast first gear, stay a good distance from the car in front of you, and almost never have to touch the clutch).

I liked (loved) the V6 for daily commuting (plusher ride, great fuel economy, and didn't care as much about miles and paint chips) and love the V8 SS for pride of ownership and play toy fun-factor (nothing like getting behind the wheel of a loaded out SS, the power + 6spd is fun, it's not actually bad at all in traffic, and just want to take care of it so it doesn't currently get daily driven). Oh and, fuel economy isn't really that bad at all in the V8. Same type of driving, some spirited, I only dropped 3MPG average. Oh and, the V6 definitely felt more responsive in cornering (lighter feeling in the front).

Now that I've had the SS I could go back to daily driving a nice 1lt/RS no problem! My truck is horrendous on fuel, lol, but I need a truck for truck uses or else I'd sell the truck and try my first true economy car for a daily driving. Here's where I get crucified, I was eye balling the new Fiats!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #106
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
An idling 6.2L is going to suck gas like no one's business. That was my point.

I'm sure anyone getting the V8 knows the drawbacks. This thread is about those who didn't get the V8 [or a more plush V6 model].

At resale time I might regret not getting a LT, but by then I'm expecting to be pushing 100k and will be grateful for whatever I get for the car. The miles on the odometer are what's going to hurt.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #107
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Drives: '11 Camaro LS M6,'09 Daytona 675
Once I decided V6 not V8, I knew the LS was the Camaro for me. That was three years and 69,000 miles ago. I have no regrets. Even if I ever upgraded to an SS, it would be a 1SS non RS. I'm not a big fan of all the bells and whistles.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #108
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
love my 14 1ls, definitely one hell of an entry level sports car, my first new car and my first Camaro. do not need all those extras, that's just more stuff that breaks, and after driving a 99 4cyl S10 for 250,000 miles this car is like driving a fancy ass race car!!!
rickwelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #109
Lickwid Apex
OD

Drives: '18 Challenger R/T
Send a message via Yahoo to Lickwid Apex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
....after driving a 99 4cyl S10 for 250,000 miles this car is like driving a fancy ass race car!!!
I think you nailed it right here sir. Its all in the drivers perspective.

If you're happy with what you selected stick with that feeling.
Lickwid Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #110
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I am very happy with my decision. I was more interested in the show factor as opposed to the go factor but the V6 has plenty of that too! I've only had the car a few days but I am loving it!
SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote