Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
My first time! (seeing the concept)

Ok here goes. Saw the auto show was coming to town and the biggest advertisement was the 5th Gen Camaro. Of course I had to go, taking my 11yr old son and my father in law. Sunday morning couldnt have come soon enough. Once we got there i wanted to head straight to the Camaro but my son had to see all of the other "cool" looking cars. Ok boy hurry up. The Chevy section was at the other end of the center and we had to weave our way down to them. Once again hurry up boy its just a Ferrari. Finally i get a glimpse of the beautiful peice of machine that i had waited for for such a long time. We are going there now boy. What a feeling finally laying eyes on this thing. It was like seeing your girlfriend in her undies!!!! I was all nervous and palms sweating and heart racing and breathing hard. It far exceeded any expectations that I had. I had to touch it! But then the "lady" that was attending to the car says" SIR! SIR! DO NOT TOUCH THE VEHICLE"! Hey this isnt a vehicle, it's gonna be MY baby. Back off lady! Anyway on with the camera and 27 photos of it. Finally the "lady" is gone and some guy from GM who thinks he knows something about the car starts to "inform" me of all the things it will get and keep and blah blah blah. I asked him to pull up the website that showed the front and rear of the pre production views and he couldnt find it. I asked him to search for "camaro" on the website and the GM rep actually spelled it "CAMERO" and I about fell over. Never mind dude i can find 1000 times more stuff on my own. Any way I did hear one other "lady" say that you may be able to place an order for one in Sept or Oct of this year. Just what I heard may not be true so dont blame me if you cant. Just wanted to let you all know that I finally saw one and it makes me want it so much more.
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Haven't seen it yet..... I'm jealous.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
^^ I go to every car show possible.. Never seen one... :'(

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Now thats not fair!! happy for ya tho (but very jealous)
Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I've seen the silver, vert, and BB. Now...I'm just missing the red one. But, I'll tell ya this. If I was asked which one I wanted to see again, I say hands down...the silver coupe. It's just awe inspiring!

"Seeing your girlfriend in her panties for the first time" hehe...that's funny. And very much what it felt like when laying eyes on the concept! LOL. They had to walk off to get me to leave...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Extremely jealous! Wow that guy from GM was something else.
If I get to see it at the Chicago Autoshow next month, I'm sure I'll react the same way. Hope you can post some of the photos, I just can't get enough of the new Camaro.

I don't have kids to worry about but I'm sure I'll have to tell my buddies, "Come on guys move it... oh forget it... if you lose me, I'm with the Camaro."

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Going to see Bumblebee next weekend at the DC show...I can hardly sleep I'm so excited.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I've seen the silver, vert, and BB. Now...I'm just missing the red one. ...
Show off...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've never seen a concept in person but even the scale models and renderings of the car in games like need for speed show that the car looks better than the photos will let on.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Glad you finally saw it in person.

To those of you who haven't yet, trust me when I say, pictures DO NOT do the car justice. The new Camaro truly is a piece of art.

I rarely get "butterflies" in my stomach. I recall three times this has happened;

1. Meeting Dale Earnhardt Sr. Meeting him in person, and getting to shake his hand and talk to him.....beyond words.

2. Seeing the silver concept for the first time.
I was trying to act like an adult, but it took alot of restraint on my part not to go into a full sprint to see it. I spent the better part of the 5 hrs. at the show staring at the car. (The security guard on hand even offered me his chair.)

3. Sitting in the silver concept.
I DID NOT want to ever get out of that car!

I've seen the silver concept several times as well as the 'vert last summer, and trust me when I say, you can spend hours taking in the beauty.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
SSMUFF

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee
I got to see the vert. in Chicago last Feb. I am going to wait for a vert most likely. If they make a SS verison then that will be worth even more wait.
SSMUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Going to see Bumblebee Febuary 19th....
That's as close as I'll get to the car untill Indy, I sorely wish I could catch a glipse of the silver concept - but BB is more than good enough

Believe it or not.......This will be the first time I've ever seen the car in person!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
DO you think that the production car will be at the Indy show In September
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I probably won't see it in real life until I walk into a dealership about a year from now and see it. And that will be a glorious moment.