Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Bawt
Future Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT soon
My Two Cents on the Interior

Mkay so... There is ALOT of discussion on the interior of the car.

Now I'll start here, there is alot of plastic. However, it's like it is in my Hummer. Tons of plastic, but since the car is so defiant and looks nothing like anything else it doesn't seem cheap! Also, there is a few things that really distract you from the plastic dash, like the acrylic door panels. Very cool. The car will DEFINITELY look amazing at night though, and be an eye candy PARLOR with the ambient lighting.

The seats are comfy, nice and soft. Back seats are inhabitable.

The steering wheel is huge, and nice! The buttons on it are deep set and hard to access though.

I REALLY disliked the vanity mirrors. They are very small, and have a sliding plastic door infront of them. NO light.

The Control panel for AC and everything is confusing at first glace but actually very efficient once you get used to it.

Now, for 35,000$+ is this interior cutting it? No. Luckily, the car has the motor to back up the price tag, and the killer looks. But in all honesty, I expected more. Especially a GPS screen, they really add visual value to the vehicle. The Challenger's interior (RT, not SRT8) is definitely nicer feeling. The SRT is VERY nice but expensive. Dodge does it good on interiors. My Honda also has a more "luxurious" feel.

Now, does this matter? It's up to you. Me personally, I'm buying the Camaro purely for how BADASS it is! The looks, the motor, the sound. But, if you're buying it for a nice high quality interior it ain't for you.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post

Now, does this matter? It's up to you. Me personally, I'm buying the Camaro purely for how BADASS it is! The looks, the motor, the sound. But, if you're buying it for a nice high quality interior it ain't for you.
Well said Bawt, thats exactly the way I feel... its still a Camaro and not a Corvette. If you're looking for something more luxurious, BUY something more luxurious. Just remember that you won't find this much horsepower for this cheap anywhere else any time soon.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
i dont like how the mustang, and chally look with the sat nav.
and also the challys interior it not attractive, its typical of a dodge imo.
dodges that i have see dont have nice interiors..
and jeeps and chryslers dont get too much better,
but, thats just me.
and yeah, i do wish the mirror had lights on them, some people will say it doesnt matter, but, with contacts, i use them some times.
thanks for the review though!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
So I guess we still haven't gotten away from the cheap looking GM interiors. I thought that GM would made more of an effort to step out of this reputation they have earned with their heavy use of plastics, with the new Camaro--but hey, the only interior I'm concerned with is the inside the hood!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Who cares about vanity mirrors?

In-dash GPS is stupid. I will never understand why people would want it. With On Star and pretty much every cell phone including GPS these days, why would you want to lock your car in time like that? Something so high tech will quickly be outdated and expensive or almost impossible to update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
So I guess we still haven't gotten away from the cheap looking GM interiors. I thought that GM would made more of an effort to step out of this reputation they have earned with their heavy use of plastics, with the new Camaro--but hey, the only interior I'm concerned with is the inside the hood!
Most reviewers (and me) agree that there's a lot of plastic but it is NOT "cheap". Once you've spent a few minutes inside of one, you'll understand.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post

In-dash GPS is stupid. I will never understand why people would want it. With On Star and pretty much every cell phone including GPS these days, why would you want to lock your car in time like that? Something so high tech will quickly be outdated and expensive or almost impossible to update.

I got a Magellan for Christmas from my parents but my iPhone works so much better.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The Challenger and Mustang aren't unique in the least to me.

Even my dad said he felt like he was sitting in his Charger when he looked at the Challenger. It's not much different.

Mustang doesn't look all that special either.

Most vehicles are ugly with that big SatNav screen. Gimme a portable Garmin over a built-in anyday...
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:

AGREED
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
You might need to pick your boogas...then what?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
You might need to pick your boogas...then what?
Ummm I don't need a mirror to find my nose. If I'm that drunk, I shouldn't be driving!
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
PMD GTO

Drives: G8 GXP
The Camaro beats both the Mustang and Challenger hands down in both the looks and performance department but as far as ammenities go the 2010 Mustang is on top. Options for Nav, backup camera, dual zone climate control and higher quality soft touch materials on the interior. Truthfully, to me, the interior on the Camaro is a huge letdown. It's about 5 years to late and looks on par with the 2005 Mustang.

PMD GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD GTO View Post
The Camaro beats both the Mustang and Challenger hands down in both the looks and performance department but as far as ammenities go the 2010 Mustang is on top. Options for Nav, backup camera, dual zone climate control and higher quality soft touch materials on the interior. Truthfully, to me, the interior on the Camaro is a huge letdown. It's about 5 years to late and looks on par with the 2005 Mustang.

To be completly honest, that dash makes me want to puke. The buttons look like they're from a 1999 accord or something.

Just preference I guess.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
the acrylic door panels.
iv actually been wondering do those door panels appear on all trim levels of the camaro or just 2LT and 2SS? i ordered a grey interior 1ss and havent found any really good pics of the interior other than black
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
iv actually been wondering do those door panels appear on all trim levels of the camaro or just 2LT and 2SS? i ordered a grey interior 1ss and havent found any really good pics of the interior other than black
Only 2LT and 2SS. Other trims get cloth panels.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote