Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
lmcgrew79

Drives: '17 Zl1, '16 Viper ACR, '15 CLA 45
VIR Grand Course Saturday 11/29

Going for a last min. one day event on the VIR Grand Course Saturday, same as the lightning lap track. Couldn't wait till next spring to get this car on track so i'm super excited to see how it does. I was just there 2 weeks ago on the grand in my 2008 viper, and turned about a half second faster than the z28 car and driver time and a half second slower than the viper ta. Those guys with car and driver are really putting down some fast laps, 2:50 is not easy to get. One thing you have to deal with on a "trackday" is traffic, and not knowing when your gonna be able to get a clean lap.

Here is a comparison video i did, will def have plenty more when i get back.

lmcgrew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I take you your a member of the VIR Club then. Sounds like that will be a blast, my club runs HPDEs there and it's a huge amount of fun.

You're certainly right about the track day traffic, hopefully with the VIR club there's fewer cars out on track.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:55 AM   #3
lmcgrew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
I take you your a member of the VIR Club then. Sounds like that will be a blast, my club runs HPDEs there and it's a huge amount of fun.

You're certainly right about the track day traffic, hopefully with the VIR club there's fewer cars out on track.
Not a member going as a guest of a member. Looks to be only 15 in our run group though. What club do you run with?
Old 11-26-2014, 01:31 AM   #4
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
Who can I call to see if I can squeeze in? Last time I went it was soaked, love to hit one more event before the spring. Sat shows cool but sunny.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #5
lmcgrew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Who can I call to see if I can squeeze in? Last time I went it was soaked, love to hit one more event before the spring. Sat shows cool but sunny.
The registration is on motorsportreg.com. Not sure who to contact i just signed up and added the name of my buddy that is a member, thats what he told me to do. If you know someone thats a member, you may ask them if you can do that.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
I was on the Grand Course for the first time on Nov 11 with TrackDaze. All I can say is, wow. That is a difficult course to get comfortable on. There are so many turns on the infield portion, it'll make your head spin! It was a blast and I can't wait to try it again next year.

I'm a huge fan of the long course at VIR. I've run it a couple of times and it reminds you over and over again why it is in the top 5 of road courses in the world.

What a great video. The Z/28 driver was on a nice line. Really good at keeping the revvs up in the downshifting as well. That's something I aim to improve on in 2015.

Have fun Saturday! I wish I could join you!

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
lmcgrew79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dan View Post
I was on the Grand Course for the first time on Nov 11 with TrackDaze. All I can say is, wow. That is a difficult course to get comfortable on. There are so many turns on the infield portion, it'll make your head spin! It was a blast and I can't wait to try it again next year.

I'm a huge fan of the long course at VIR. I've run it a couple of times and it reminds you over and over again why it is in the top 5 of road courses in the world.

What a great video. The Z/28 driver was on a nice line. Really good at keeping the revvs up in the downshifting as well. That's something I aim to improve on in 2015.

Have fun Saturday! I wish I could join you!
Yep its a great track, i was there November 10/11 with trackdaze as well in my viper. Between track time and my student i didnt have much free time to roam the paddock.