Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #7141
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

Somebody be runnin' down the CAMARO or the Camaro Peeps?

.................................................. ...
GET THE

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #7142
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Guys, please don't hold back. Tell us what you really think
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #7143
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
While we aren't holding back, Jim Farley needs to quit running his mouth and learn about something called "professionalism."
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #7144
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
While we aren't holding back, Jim Farley needs to quit running his mouth and learn about something called "professionalism."
I like his ask no quarter give no quarter approach. I don't know if #3 would feel comfortable answering this question, but I would bet the GM behind closed doors discussions of Ford and Farley are equally intense.

As a GM guy and C5 enthusiast, I share your view of Ford and Farley. That is more of a defensive emotional reaction because of my loyalty, my point of view. I am one of those guys that thinks Chevrolet should have been ready for this. I 'knew' the Ford guys would release a 600+ HP engine. I thought Chevy would have prepared for it by validating the LSA with another pound of boost or so. When Ford announced the 650 I GM would respond with -- We knew Ford would try to upstage the ZL1 launch so we decided to call them on it. The ZL1 is officially rated at 660HP. I guess that was just me and my bias to GM. I really wanted to have Chevy shove this one up....
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #7145
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Thereafter the bird would be heard every morning at first light, singing, without a leg to stand on.

It was his nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I jumped ship from the 4th Gen to 5th Gen bandwagon as soon as there was confirmation of it's return. I have my reasons, however, honestly, this generation is SO what I've wanted from CAMARO that I'm not even looking forward to the next generation, lol. I almost don't think it's possible for me to like it more, on the whole, as this gen', so it's a good thing CAMARO5 is my home

I never liked the 4th Gen. AT ALL. I have given my heart and sole to this Camaro and I doubt I ever get rid of this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I like his ask no quarter give no quarter approach. I don't know if #3 would feel comfortable answering this question, but I would bet the GM behind closed doors discussions of Ford and Farley are equally intense.

As a GM guy and C5 enthusiast, I share your view of Ford and Farley. That is more of a defensive emotional reaction because of my loyalty, my point of view. I am one of those guys that thinks Chevrolet should have been ready for this. I 'knew' the Ford guys would release a 600+ HP engine. I thought Chevy would have prepared for it by validating the LSA with another pound of boost or so. When Ford announced the 650 I GM would respond with -- We knew Ford would try to upstage the ZL1 launch so we decided to call them on it. The ZL1 is officially rated at 660HP. I guess that was just me and my bias to GM. I really wanted to have Chevy shove this one up....
I'm a little torn.

How far can the factory horsepower wars take us?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #7146
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:

My sentiments about the whole situation exactly.

Given the circumstances, it wasn't the best hand of poker GM could have played IMO.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #7147
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm less worried about the power and more worried about power-to-weight and how the power is actually used. There are technologies that I don't think we all know the true effectiveness of, like the MRC. I consider that active suspension, because it actually changes real-time. The new Bilsteins announced are adjustable, but not active - at least as far as I can understand. That, to me, means tuning is more general and lends itself to more compromises than a true active system, which I conclude should be more effective and give a better ride and all-around performance. We only hear of front aero' additions while ZL1 has enhancements front-to-back. ZL1 has an excellent brake system and better balance.

I'm a little erked by how things went down, but am crossing my fingers the technology will work. It will have to in order to make up for such a large power/weight spread, but this is where the stout bdy/chassis and IRS could justify so many complaints about weight. The fact is there are like no performance options, and that you could drive a "base" ZL1 off the lot to the track are outstanding, too. What GM blind-sided? Probably a bit, but it's not only power that makes a car perform, though, that might sell more cars and earn more bragging rights. I don't think that's going to affect the faithful enough to switch sides, but I think we're seeing the true colors of so members around here lately...

Oh well - it's not my money, and I still have faith I haven't changed my mind one bit.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #7148
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm less worried about the power and more worried about power-to-weight and how the power is actually used. There are technologies that I don't think we all know the true effectiveness of, like the MRC. I consider that active suspension, because it actually changes real-time. The new Bilsteins announced are adjustable, but not active - at least as far as I can understand. That, to me, means tuning is more general and lends itself to more compromises than a true active system, which I conclude should be more effective and give a better ride and all-around performance. We only hear of front aero' additions while ZL1 has enhancements front-to-back. ZL1 has an excellent brake system and better balance.

I'm a little erked by how things went down, but am crossing my fingers the technology will work. It will have to in order to make up for such a large power/weight spread, but this is where the stout bdy/chassis and IRS could justify so many complaints about weight. The fact is there are like no performance options, and that you could drive a "base" ZL1 off the lot to the track are outstanding, too. What GM blind-sided? Probably a bit, but it's not only power that makes a car perform, though, that might sell more cars and earn more bragging rights. I don't think that's going to affect the faithful enough to switch sides, but I think we're seeing the true colors of so members around here lately...

Oh well - it's not my money, and I still have faith I haven't changed my mind one bit.
Couldn't have said it better.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #7149
FenwickHockey65

Quote:

I'm sure plenty of trash talking goes on behind closed doors, but the keyword there is "behind closed doors." Farley constantly spouting his hatred for GM in the public eye was cute at first, now it's just unprofessional and fairly annoying. If I were Mullaly, I'd have called him into my office by now and told him to shut up or get out.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #7150
FenwickHockey65

By the way, the number of WGAS threads on this site is getting ridiculous.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #7151
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Come on now, Fen.

Have to keep in mind there is a great deal of bitterness at the Blue Oval over the bankruptcy and governement assistence that GM and Chrysler received and they didn't........................even though Ford negotiated nearly identical deals on the side as a result of merely threatening the same outcome.

Quote:

Ford was well on their way to 650 not much after we started this little thread. I don't think it was so much a response as the next planned step in Mustang evolution, maybe trying to get some attention to Ford's technology and capapbility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I never liked the 4th Gen. AT ALL. I have given my heart and sole to this Camaro and I doubt I ever get rid of this car.

I'm a little torn.

How far can the factory horsepower wars take us?
As far as the enthusiasts community and their checkbooks and the EPA will allow......................and hoping NHTSA doesn't see fit to involve themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
My sentiments about the whole situation exactly.

Given the circumstances, it wasn't the best hand of poker GM could have played IMO.
There was a wee bit of ****iness there for sure. Never heard a word about what Ford could or might be doing.

Quote:
I'm sure plenty of trash talking goes on behind closed doors, but the keyword there is "behind closed doors." Farley constantly spouting his hatred for GM in the public eye was cute at first, now it's just unprofessional and fairly annoying. If I were Mullaly, I'd have called him into my office by now and told him to shut up or get out.
What you would really find funny is what they think of AO and his letter at Ford............................not flattering I can assure you.

Quote:
By the way, the number of WGAS threads on this site is getting ridiculous.
It's the internet, Fen. What do you expect?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #7152
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Oh obhhhhhh

A key Friday and Saturday night period with no posts in the House.

What's up with that?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #7153
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Oh obhhhhhh

A key Friday and Saturday night period with no posts in the House.

What's up with that?
Old 12-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #7154
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
'Tis the season.... Every one is crazy busy!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014