Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Full Throttle Kustomz

I'm taking my car to Ray at FTK to figure out my turbo kit just wanting to get opinions. It's costing me a lot to get it down there plus a tune and labor just want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Turbonetics recommend him and he has done these kits before which I am told.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #2
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I'm taking my car to Ray at FTK to figure out my turbo kit just wanting to get opinions. It's costing me a lot to get it down there plus a tune and labor just want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Turbonetics recommend him and he has done these kits before which I am told.
He does good work. He tuned my camaro and also did my buddies 1LE and another buddies turbonetics turbo'd 1LE tune and a bunch of work on his car. he Also does most of magnusons car's as their main headquarters is near his shop. Brain his worker is great at what he does and the combination together do killer work. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Nighthawk89; 08-05-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
GetYouOne

Thanks I talked to him he seems very knowledgable just wanted to double check.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Thanks I talked to him he seems very knowledgable just wanted to double check.
He is a great guy. He won't tune your car for big HP numbers on the dyno, like some may. He tunes More for safety so your motor will have a long and healthy life.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Hey sir I believe I can help. Ok to start with yeah FTK is a great shop to go to. Ray is a great tuner and his nephew Brian is quite a grease monkey and can install and modify anything. My car has been to their shop back and forth but in the good sense since I'm always getting new stuff to install .

Also if you are getting a turbo kit from Turbonetics just ask for Reggie Wynn. He is the lead sales manager tell him Lio with the Turbo 1LE sent you and he will give you a better price; not much but something helps.

It's funny how both places you contacted are the places I go to for my hp needs Turbonetics and FTK. And yeah Ray will tune your car not for crazy hp unless ofcourse your car can actually hold it properly but mostly will tune it so that it can go fast but still remain reliable .

I got my Custom Camahaft, Sparco seats, rear suspension, roll bar, car back, water methanol injection etc installed there awesome shop.
Attached Images

Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #6
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
He does good work. He tuned my camaro and also did my buddies 1LE and another buddies turbonetics turbo'd 1LE tune and a bunch of work on his car. he Also does most of magnusons car's as their main headquarters is near his shop. Brain his worker is great at what he does and the combination together do killer work. Hope this helps.
Wassup bro. Yup they do great work.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #7
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Wassup bro. Yup they do great work.
Look who it is! lol. Wasn't sure if you'd be on here to see this or not. You going to shift sector this year or what brotha?

To Op - Many Cars coming out of Ray's shop pushing some crazy HP and all happy with his work. You were directed towards the right shop. Pull the trigger and don't look back. You'll be happy.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #8
GetYouOne

Thanks Lio I already have the kit installed, but I am having a lot of issues and finger pointing from the installer and Reggie. Quite frustrating to say the least being caught in the middle. Reggie recommended Ray since he has done urs along with others from what I have been told. I know Ray is on the East Coast right now tuning who at the shop can I talk to about a few other things?
Old 08-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #9
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks Lio I already have the kit installed, but I am having a lot of issues and finger pointing from the installer and Reggie. Quite frustrating to say the least being caught in the middle. Reggie recommended Ray since he has done urs along with others from what I have been told. I know Ray is on the East Coast right now tuning who at the shop can I talk to about a few other things?
Ask for Brian his nephew he is always there.