Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
SCT X3 tuner questions...

To all,

I just got my SCT X3 flash tuner. Hooked it up to my PC as instructed and did all that and then downloaded my factory tune from the car to the handheld. Then I uploaded the preprogrammed tune from the handheld to the car. Everything seems to be working fine. The car does seem to have better throttle response and a noticably more throaty sound to it across the RPM curve.

My question is that on the disk that comes with the tuner, there is a section that says that you can go into a section in the Preprogrammed portion of the tuner and select specific items that are user adjustable such as shift points, shift firmness and many other things.

I can not seem to find this portion of the tuner and can not find the screen where its asks if you want to go to these options. I would really like to adjust my shift points and most of all disable the AFT system on my L99.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I am only using the preprogrammed tune for the time being. I have a Roto-fab CAI and will be getting a set of Long tube headers to compliment my Corsa Cat back exhaust soon and at that point I will get a full custom tune from Jannetty Racing but for the time being I would like to get the most out of my car with what she has.

Thanks for your time.

Kirby
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
You need to have the shop that sold you the tuner provide you adjustable options when programming the device. You will get to this screen when you program the vehicle, it will ask you to "adjust options"

If you need help, we are more than happy to provide you support.
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote