Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #71
Vaux96

Drives: 45th 2SS LS3, 05 Ram 1500 SLT
I don't like the changes, front or back. That is actually good, because now I am not tempted to trade mine in on a newer one.
Vaux96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #72
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I forgot to ask

WTF is a hero card
It's a large postcard (advertisement) for the new car with information on the back usually.

Very similar to the postcards Nascar drivers hand out

Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #73
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
interesting... it'll take some getting used to.
Question though: will the front and rear plastic fascias fit on the current models?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #74
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I dont know if anyone noticed this...but it says the Z/28 is going to be 300 lbs lighter than the ZL1... I was under the impression that it was 300 lbs lighter than the SS....so the z28 is only about 20 lbs lighter than the SS coupe!

Guess it does have a heavier motor though!
They've been saying 300 less than the ZL1 since Wednesday.

And although the motor might be slightly heavier, you also have the suspension & drive train which are almost certainly going to be more robust than they are on the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Z/28 500+ HP, 500+ Ft*Lb??? I thought they estimated 470 Ft*Lb?
I can't believe it too that long for someone to spot that. Pretty sure its a typo though. Would be awesome if its true though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjetguru View Post
I think the 2014 will grow on all of us eventually. I was not a great fan of the 5th gens when they first came out. I don't know about the tail lights, but something looks familiar here.
Yeah, when I look at the refresh tail lights I see way more similarity with the '69 Camaro than I do with Asian cars from the 90's or Camaro's from the 80's. But to each their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT'13 View Post
interesting... it'll take some getting used to.
Question though: will the front and rear plastic fascias fit on the current models?
Probably. It doesn't look like any of the sheet metal has changed, but there is still an off-chance that they tweaked how the fascia clips onto the rest of the car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #75
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbe View Post
I like the new refreshing look.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #76
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
If it didn't change, there would be lots of complaining. I don't have a problem with any of the changes. It can't stay the same. And the 6th gen is right around the corner anyway (which will start this whole debate all over again).
Yep. No matter what they did, the whiners would whine. The 6 th gen will get trashed by the same crowd
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #77
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
On the surface it would seem as though the automotive enthusiast community is becoming more and more ideological. However looking under the surface of things and I generally find that those who tend to whine about changes only represent about 10-15% of the community however have about 50-75% of the voice. Because of this they tend to take over the narrative of a discussion, and in many ways tend to drive the discussion because of that.

One thing that i noticed, is they tend to make wild claims such as because of the C7 their may not be a C8 or any future Corvette.

It really makes it hard at least for me to play a part in automotive forums, I tend to be a general fan of vehicles from all regions and all types. However I find that there are not many places on the internet where I can enjoy my love of cars with other like minded people. Forums tend to be geared one way or another, from the import crowd to the domestic crowd. You have your two wheel forums, truck forums, and car forums....... modern and classic forums. Even on many forums where there is an attempt at creating different sections for different fans you end up with those sections being taken over by the same group.

The reality though is this, while even on this forum you have people who own Camaros and other Chevy/GM products you have those who don't own other Chevy/GM products. There are plenty of people who for example own a Corvette and lets say a Mercedes or a BMW, though we are told that this isn't/shouldn't be the case.

The 2014 Camaro looks to be a pretty big improvement over the 2013 Camaro with improvements from styling to aerodynamic. Color HUD and driver information center also seems to be a pretty cool improvement. Also, while I would have done the Z/28 Camaro different I think that they made a perfect Z/28 Camaro.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #78
BigRed82

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Camaro
Taillights look like an old Acura.

Chevrolet could have done better, imo.
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
So, am I correct in my understanding that now, when you order the RS package, the DRLs will not be the fog lights, and you will have factory fog lights with the HIDs?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #80
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed82 View Post
Taillights look like an old Acura.
Chevrolet could have done better, imo.
On that analogy, Acura's taillights copied the '69 Camaro's.... maybe Acura could have done better.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #81
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Looks like a '10-'13 hood will swap with the '14...yes/no?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #82
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:

··
Quarter flares (LPO VRV) and Argent Ground
Effects Package (LPO VTD) discontinued for 2014

I wonder why these items are discontinued for 2014? I realize they may have needed to be slightly redesigned but then again, the car itself somewhat was so it doesn't seem like that'd be a deal breaker. Glad I have the GM GFX on my 2010 SS.

Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #83
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Looks like a '10-'13 hood will swap with the '14...yes/no?
Depends if the facia meeting point has changed. I did see that the heat extractor is an SS only option, the V6 won't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post

I wonder why these items are discontinued for 2014? I realize they may have needed to be slightly redesigned but then again, the car itself somewhat was so it doesn't seem like that'd be a deal breaker. Glad I have the GM GFX on my 2010 SS.

The order code has been discontinued. They'll have to re-introduce a different order code for each item, based on the new design.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #84
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Tail lights do have a lot of '69 influence, but I also see this -

No complaints here.