Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: How would you react to a chinese Camarro knockoff?
I wouldnt care. 15 24.59%
It would annoy me, but not be a huge deal. 18 29.51%
I would get kind of upset 7 11.48%
I would buy airplane tickets to china and kick some @ss 21 34.43%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
What if Camaro design was ripped off?

Ok, so lately these chinese designers are taking everyones designs and making them look cheaper, worse , etc. So, What if they were to make a knock-off Camaro? If your decision isn't in the poll, post it!

Ill post an example of a GM design that got copied...

now look at this
Attached Images

ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I want one! Omg pown 0-60 the PUMA.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Actually, GM has had a partnership in China with SAIC since 1998. They seem to really like Buicks and build versions of Buick, Cadillac and Chevrolet products as well as other GM brands. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a version of the Camaro manufactured over there and imported sometime in the future. On the plus side, at least we won't have to deal with those uppity UAW folks.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponycrusher21 View Post
Ok, so lately these chinese designers are taking everyones designs and making them look cheaper, worse , etc. So, What if they were to make a knock-off Camaro? If your decision isn't in the poll, post it!

Ill post an example of a GM design that got copied...

Pfft! They can have that one ......another Aztec nightmare avoided.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Aztec's are the hot item right now... Well cause of that Breaking Bad meth show.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Heck, they don't even need to rip off the Camaro for me to want to go over there and set them straight. If they want to play in the civilized world, they have to play by the rules. Has imagination been outlawed there?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Heck, they don't even need to rip off the Camaro for me to want to go over there and set them straight. If they want to play in the civilized world, they have to play by the rules. Has imagination been outlawed there?
The only thing companies like Cherry are ripping off is a car's looks. Everything else about those cars will be a piece of shit. Most wouldn't even get a 3 star impact rating.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
ShAgMaN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS SIM
I lmao when I saw the Suzuki Mini Cooper copy, what a piece of crap. I had a mini and it was the funniest car I've ever owned.
ShAgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
Keedy
Should have waited...

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8
If they rip it off, I'll be completely unsurprised. International copyright law will probably never have any standing in China... they're like the kid in the corner of the room playing rickroll on his ipod speakers to try to get people, even though everyone says "ITS NOT %*#@ FUNNY ANYMORE KID... GROW SOME NEW MATERIAL!"... He can't. and neither can they... But they can both emulate the success of others to a T. Its all they've got.
Keedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
If they rip it off, I'll be completely unsurprised. International copyright law will probably never have any standing in China... they're like the kid in the corner of the room playing rickroll on his ipod speakers to try to get people, even though everyone says "ITS NOT %*#@ FUNNY ANYMORE KID... GROW SOME NEW MATERIAL!"... He can't. and neither can they... But they can both emulate the success of others to a T. Its all they've got.
Too be honest, I don;t think they will go after any GM designs for the simple reason that the Chinese govt. owns a large percentage of GM China. If Cherry decided to go after a Buick design, the Chinese govt, will send some Cherry executive to the same place they sent the government minister who was responsible for overseeing products when some toys were painted with lead paint.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Too be honest, I don;t think they will go after any GM designs for the simple reason that the Chinese govt. owns a large percentage of GM China. If Cherry decided to go after a Buick design, the Chinese govt, will send some Cherry executive to the same place they sent the government minister who was responsible for overseeing products when some toys were painted with lead paint.
I think their Aveo clone is one of, if not the best selling cars in China.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote