Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #29
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #30
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post

Post up some pics of the stripes so others will know what it shouldn't be...
That sucks.. dealer was probably hoping that it would work out itself but I doubt that it will and you dont want to be taking a pin and putting a hole in them either. Make them order another set and pay to have professionally put on.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I don't think it should have any bubbles at all. They need to fix that. I highly doubt that setting it in the sun will fix this problem.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #32
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatingbent View Post
Here is what you do ...Go to the dealer make them give you the money for the new stripes...Then turn around and go to a good Paint shop and have them paint your stripes on instead ....They will have to sand everthing anyways which in turn will take care of the scratches the deler put in it ...Might cost you another $500 but you will be much happier in the end.....
Where are you located ?????Find yourself a good Body Shop
Have a good body shop and may do exactly that although I was trying to keep the car "original." (To match that perfectly preserved window sticker that I'm framing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocamaro View Post
Oh-there's "so many"? That won't work out. Do over! Tell them to order a new set (or money back like suggested). Your scratches are hopefully in the top layer of clear and will come out.
Let us know how it owrked out today!
They are definite not going to work out by themselves. Went by the dealer today and got a bunch of double talk. Long story that I won't bore you with but I'm waiting for a couple phone calls and then I'll have more to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Pix will be posted tonight. Need a friend's delux camera to be able to get a good shot of them. Without good shots,

Oh, and I'm tempted to tell this dealership that I'll be glad to "wait a while" to see if the bubbles come out if they don't mind me telling everyone in the meantime who put them on! I'm sure I'd get dinged like crazy at just about any car show. (BTW they out sourced it to a sign company for the actually installation. Explains alot right? Like the lack of care with my car!)

On the plus side, I finally got my plates and can now take pix of the car and get them posted. Almost three weeks from delivery and she's finally "dressed". (Scratched but dressed!)
#5336, 6M, Racing Bone Stock; lookn' to spoil.
can't cut a light...can't run the number...can't even quit.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #33
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs down It is a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Unfortunately to some dealers, it's JUST another new car....they could care less about it.....
Exactly. Once the sale is made, they could care less. What I would tell your dealership is, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT bring my car back there to get the stripes redone. (Think about how well of a job they would do a second time around, let alone add more scratches!!!)
Sorry about your ordeal here. I hope it all works out well. GOOD LUCK!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #34
2SSONLY

If I let them do it again, it will be under my direct supervision but more than likely, I will have someone else do it!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #35
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstockcam View Post
Stickers belong on lunchboxes, not cars IMO
I have to agree. I just had my 68's painted on. Thinking my 2SS were being painted on. Then found out thier stickers. Not very happy.
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #36
2SSONLY

UPDATED WITH PIX

Ok, here you go. Some examples of the many bubbles, the frequency of bubbling and those lovely scratches. (yes the car is a little dusty.)

Attached Images

Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #37
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
WTF?????
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #38
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs down

That is a HORRIBLE job!!! You took it a lot better than I would have, that's for sure.
Make sure it's done right. Good luck with everything.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #39
2SSONLY

Oh I'm pretty ticked off. So here's the latest from the dealer today:

A. "The bubbles WILL work themselves out. The car might have to be in the heat/sun for as long as a week. The bubbles will work their way to the edges and then be gone."

B. "The scratches will disappear the first time you wax the car or we can buff them out."

Does anyone believe this? I sure as heck don't!

So as ridiculous as this sounds, tonight I'm going to count every single bubble and map it on a diagram. Then I will wait another couple days and recount to see if any of the bubbles move position or disappear. (Not likely)

The real pisser here is that I can't get the clear bra installed until I'm past this issue which means some of the traveling I want to do with the car is on hold.

Is there anyone out there that knows enough to look at these pictures and tell me these do or don't need to be reinstalled? Maybe time for me to go to that good body shop here and find out what they know. CamaroScotty or Fbodfather? The stripes have been installed for a week now and have been exposed to heat and sun for at least three days. (p.s. the worst ones are on the stripes on the hood of the car. Anyone who has driven their Camaro for any distance knows how hot it gets under that hood let alone the black paint. If they were going to disappear from heat, I think it would have happened by now.) :(

Wow, sorry about the book but thankfully I have a place to vent.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #40
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSONLY View Post
Oh I'm pretty ticked off. So here's the latest from the dealer today:

A. "The bubbles WILL work themselves out. The car might have to be in the heat/sun for as long as a week. The bubbles will work their way to the edges and then be gone."

B. "The scratches will disappear the first time you wax the car or we can buff them out."

Does anyone believe this? I sure as heck don't!

So as ridiculous as this sounds, tonight I'm going to count every single bubble and map it on a diagram. Then I will wait another couple days and recount to see if any of the bubbles move position or disappear. (Not likely)

The real pisser here is that I can't get the clear bra installed until I'm past this issue which means some of the traveling I want to do with the car is on hold.

Is there anyone out there that knows enough to look at these pictures and tell me these do or don't need to be reinstalled? Maybe time for me to go to that good body shop here and find out what they know. CamaroScotty or Fbodfather? The stripes have been installed for a week now and have been exposed to heat and sun for at least three days. (p.s. the worst ones are on the stripes on the hood of the car. Anyone who has driven their Camaro for any distance knows how hot it gets under that hood let alone the black paint. If they were going to disappear from heat, I think it would have happened by now.) :(

Wow, sorry about the book but thankfully I have a place to vent.
Those bubbles are too large to go away. Very small ones perhaps but those are far too many. That was a very piss poor job of installation. As if they did it in a hurry and didn't push the bubbles off to the side at all...As for the scratches, who knows if they came like that or not, however just for that they should have ordered new ones..
Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #41
2SSONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
As for the scratches, who knows if they came like that or not, however just for that they should have ordered new ones..
I can guaranty you those scratches didn't come on the car because I took delivery of the car before the stripes were installed. No way I could have missed that because I washed and detailed the car. And no, the scratches didn't come from me either.

Thanks for the feedback on the bubbles. I'm going to push the issue with the dealership now. I want and re-do!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #42
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
That is terrible....
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote