Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #127
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
under racing : it states that " Racing or competitive driving may affect the vehicles warranty" that quote is right from the GM ZL1 manual. I am sure a lot of owners don't read all the way through their manual. Its GM covering their butts...I would think that most of us that really run their ZL1 and really treat it like a race car know better than to get GM to cover it,and normally fix their own stuff anyway...
When the Z28 comes out I would think there will be the same statement,but once again those cars that will become track cars wont ever see the dealer once no matter what happens. I am about to post it for you sir..
Old 11-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #128
gen=5

from GM like I said its there to protect GM if they choose to say ABUSE
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #129
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
under racing : it states that " Racing or competitive driving may affect the vehicles warranty" that quote is right from the GM ZL1 manual. I am sure a lot of owners don't read all the way through their manual. Its GM covering their butts...I would think that most of us that really run their ZL1 and really treat it like a race car know better than to get GM to cover it,and normally fix their own stuff anyway...
When the Z28 comes out I would think there will be the same statement,but once again those cars that will become track cars wont ever see the dealer once no matter what happens. I am about to post it for you sir..
you are still spinning and trying to recover lost ground. The car is fully warrantied for racing within specified parameters as far as service and factory parts are concerned. Keep reading and don't cut the paragraphs off to suit your own needs.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #130
gen=5

PROOF sir..I was never back peddling I never changed what I meant from the beginning. hope it clears things up,I also found a couple of postings about this also where owners are calling B.S on GM,but when it comes down to it,there are those that do miss treat things....I am not cutting anything off I said that it states that in the book and it does,and yes if the guide lines are not followed IT MAY AFFECT THE WARRANTY....
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #131
OldScoolCamaro

...thanks for conceeding......good night.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #132
gen=5

I understand what your saying,like i said I wasn't saying GM wont cover anything if its used on the track,come on now lol ...your putting words in my mouth guide lines have to be followed,and you know as well as I do if someone goes off track and something happens GM wont cover it,that was part of my point I think you were twisting what i meant a little bit...Its all good either way !
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #133
gen=5

conceding HU ! I didn't, I proved it was written in the book,thanks goodnight to you to sir..
Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #134
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
gen5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
PROOF sir..I was never back peddling I never changed what I meant from the beginning. hope it clears things up,I also found a couple of postings about this also where owners are calling B.S on GM,but when it comes down to it,there are those that do miss treat things....I am not cutting anything off I said that it states that in the book and it does,and yes if the guide lines are not followed IT MAY AFFECT THE WARRANTY....
hey guy, dont waste your time responding to oldschool because you cant teach an old dog new tricks. we hear what you're saying and do concur. good info. ps. with a name like oldschool how long do you really think he has left? to live i mean....lol
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #135
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
What it says is that racing is covered under warranty if you follow the proceedures we recommend.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #136
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
This is an interesting topic, but not the OP topic. The thread has been hijacked. Should start anothjer thread. Hey that's a good idea!
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #137
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
What it says is that racing is covered under warranty if you follow the proceedures we recommend.
...thank you. That's what it says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
hey guy, dont waste your time responding to oldschool because you cant teach an old dog new tricks. we hear what you're saying and do concur. good info. ps. with a name like oldschool how long do you really think he has left? to live i mean....lol
...nice try, not so good a poke ninsecgt, have a nice life, ...and read the ZL1 manual rather than listening to others for your information and just running your jib. Just sayin'....

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 11-14-2013 at 07:33 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #138
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
The ZL1 is a great car. It has so much technology tied into its' structure. The thing is, horsepower is key. The ZL1 is quick..but is it quick enough? After a few trips to the track, I can say mine has gotten boring. Low 12s is cool, but low 11s would be even better.

Resisting the urge to molest this car has been an exercise in restraint. I want to keep my warranty. Though my car has gone into the 11s already, it's just not exciting. Every stock GT500 I've seen at the track has come dangerously close to hitting the wall. That's the kind of power I'm looking for.
....and that original post cuts to the chase...is enough ever really enough? I am like minded with you....it does become old, and there is always a sense, and need, for more. Where do we draw the line? Will we ever be statisfied? OH BTW to the other garbage threads at the end of this thread we are all good with racing and warranty, as long as we follow the recommeneded procedures....LOL....party on!