Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
How to?? Lower Grill ZL1 Badge Delete

It's something I'm trying out. Has anybody tried or managed to remove the ZL1 badge from the front lower grill??

If so, please share how you did it or how it can be done.

Thanks very much!!
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #2
McBrayer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
It is simple. The ZL1 letters on the front grill are held on with double sided tape, just like all of the other badges. They do have two locating pins on each letter. The letters and pins are plastic so you may break a locating pin off in the process, but it is no big deal.

Remove the double side tape adhesive just like all of the others and it is done. There will be holes left in the grill flag the letters were mounted on. I used a self adhesive gloss black sign vinyl to cover the entire front of the flag to hide the holes. I can post a picture later today when I get home from work.

I would be happy to mail you a pre-cut piece of the gloss black material to cover your's if needed, no charge. You can walk into any sign shop and get a scrap of glass black and do the same yourself as well.
McBrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrayer View Post
It is simple. The ZL1 letters on the front grill are held on with double sided tape, just like all of the other badges. They do have two locating pins on each letter. The letters and pins are plastic so you may break a locating pin off in the process, but it is no big deal.

Remove the double side tape adhesive just like all of the others and it is done. There will be holes left in the grill flag the letters were mounted on. I used a self adhesive gloss black sign vinyl to cover the entire front of the flag to hide the holes. I can post a picture later today when I get home from work.

I would be happy to mail you a pre-cut piece of the gloss black material to cover your's if needed, no charge. You can walk into any sign shop and get a scrap of glass black and do the same yourself as well.

Thanks very much McBrayer, I really appreciate the help, however I have something special coming on there and when it's ready I'll post it here. Again, thank you very much!!
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badge, badge removal, grill, zl1, zl1 badge removal