Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #1
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Anyone seen these mirrors before?

So I was at the 2017 Dubai Motor Show and there I noticed the 2018 ZL1 wearing these wing mirrors...

They were, I'd like to guess, about 20% larger than the current mirrors, with indicators on them and they are fold-able.

I asked the GM representatives that were at the motor show about the wing mirrors and their first reaction was, "What are 'wing' mirrors?"
When I explained to them what wing mirrors are, they had absolutely no clue about the change. It was as though they left the cars at the show the night before and the next day leprechauns had replaced the mirrors. One rep called the other and the other called the other and that other eventually called the manager and not a single one of them knew about this new mirror.
They even went through the websites to see if I was making this up because they insisted it was the same mirror. But they just could not find an answer or justification behind the difference.

I then asked maybe it's a Middle East specific feature since here in Dubai we have quite a few roundabouts, but the GM team was like no, that's not the case. Finally they got someone who apparently was from GM USA who was specifically there for the launch of the Corvette ZR1 and that person too surprisingly enough wasn't aware of these new mirrors. All she had to say was "Sir, you have nothing to worry about. These mirrors are not coming to ZL1s, especially in the Middle East until 2019 or maybe even 2020"

I walked away not too convinced. Following week, I drove up to my dealer and he'd just received 12 new ZL1s all with these new mirrors. I mean WTF!!

You guys have any idea what the deal with these new mirrors is?

I'm just intrigued for the sake of the indicators and the folding feature. I don't mind the slightly larger size.

I look forward to your feedback....
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
soldes

Drives: car
They are the export mirrors for Europe and as it seems Middle East as well.
Foldable is required in most if not all European countries as well are indicators which can be seen from the side.
Unfortunately they are not power folding and they do block the view going on a round about for example.
There are more threads on this
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461922
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ropean+mirrors

hope it helps,
Nick
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #3

Drives: 2018 zl1
I looked at chevy 's pics of the ZR1 and didn't see the indicators, but it had the fold a ways. So did my ZO6. Strange though, my ZL1 just came of the line and has neither!
91454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new wing mirrors