Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-30-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Hotchkis Trac Pack or something else? Please Help me shop.

Hi, 2014 2SS I am thinking of getting the Hotchkis Lowering springs, Sway Bars and there under car Brace. And other suggestions? I have researched and researched and it seems to be a popular set up but everything I am reading is a few years old. The car is street driven with a random track day here and there. I just purchased the car with very low mileage and I am starting to go though it. I am looking for a well rounded vehicle. Thank you
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #2
Omega

Drives: G8
Subframe bushings and trailing arm/LCA bushings should be high on the list. Diff bushings give you great feedback too but they require a decent amount of work to swap.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
Joe.G

Which trailing arms do you recommend? Hotchis doesn't offer any that I see. But what about the stuff listed above? Sway bar/springs and brace as I am definitely going to do them as well.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 08-31-2021, 08:23 AM   #4
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
JusticePete always suggested solid subframe bushings instead of the chassis brace because the bushings gave a similar improvement without the extra weight.

If this is primarily a street car with occasional track use I'd suggest going with factory parts to save money. Not sure about the availability of Z/28 parts but if you can get a hold of them (I bought mine from a dealer) you can make a very track-worthy car for less $$$ than with aftermarket parts.

The Z/28 trailing arms and upper control arm inner bushings; the 1LE/ZL1/Z28 toe links; and aftermarket solid subframe bushings and sway bar will stiffen up the rear end significantly. For the front the Z/28 came with a stiffer bushing in the lower control arm and a stiffer bushing insert in the radius rod, however, I believe the arms have to be ordered to get the bushing - you can't buy the insert specifically (likewise the rear knuckles came with a stiffer bushing for the trailing arm but I think you need to buy the whole knuckle to get it. There may be aftermarket bushings/inserts out there if you're so inclined to replace them).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:22 AM   #5
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
JusticePete always suggested solid subframe bushings instead of the chassis brace because the bushings gave a similar improvement without the extra weight.

If this is primarily a street car with occasional track use I'd suggest going with factory parts to save money. Not sure about the availability of Z/28 parts but if you can get a hold of them (I bought mine from a dealer) you can make a very track-worthy car for less $$$ than with aftermarket parts.

The Z/28 trailing arms and upper control arm inner bushings; the 1LE/ZL1/Z28 toe links; and aftermarket solid subframe bushings and sway bar will stiffen up the rear end significantly. For the front the Z/28 came with a stiffer bushing in the lower control arm and a stiffer bushing insert in the radius rod, however, I believe the arms have to be ordered to get the bushing - you can't buy the insert specifically (likewise the rear knuckles came with a stiffer bushing for the trailing arm but I think you need to buy the whole knuckle to get it. There may be aftermarket bushings/inserts out there if you're so inclined to replace them).
+1
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 08:29 PM   #6
Joe.G

i'll look into the Z28 parts, Are the BMR Trailing arms any good? BMR vs Hotckis sways and springs?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-01-2021, 07:49 AM   #7
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
I would suggest trying a larger rear sway with the stock front before buying a new front. It may balance out well between over and under steer with just a new rear.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
i'll look into the Z28 parts, Are the BMR Trailing arms any good? BMR vs Hotckis sways and springs?
BMR isn't bad at all. Look at UMI Performance also. I have the UMI toe rods and trailing arms with rod ends on my 1LE and love them. Plus they are made in Pennsylvania and are quite cost effective. I do agree with another post about going with a larger rear sway bar before upgrading the front bar. You may find that works quite well.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #9
SSammy

Drives: 2015 2SS A6 Commemorative Edition
I went with BMR adjustable sway bars front and rear. This gives the ability to adjust understeer/oversteer bias. It comes in handy when changing tire setup, type of driving, etc. I think Hotchkis has adjustable sway bars as well. Since you said you were looking at older posts, make sure you’re looking at sway bars for FE4 suspension, FE3 have different mounting locations
SSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #10
Joe.G

So I ordered,

BMR Sway Bars,Tailing arms and Adjustable Toe RoD.
Hotchkis 1" Drop Springs and Under car brace.
I ordered Detroit Speed Front Caster adjuster kit as well. Hopefully I like how it rides and handles, I guess I'll Start with the sway bars in the middle positions. Any other recommendations?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-16-2021, 07:57 AM   #11
Joe.G

Everything is in except the Brace, I hope to get it installed this week.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #12
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
I’d highly suggest Hendrix offset differential bushings and their solid cradle bushings. Those made more a difference to my car than the trailing and toe arms did. As a matter of fact, I still had ever hop with the BMR trailing arms; it wasn’t until I did the diff and cradle bushings that whee hop was eliminated. I also switched to UMI trailing and toe arms with the solid bushings.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:58 PM   #13
Joe.G

I am a little worried about solid as this is still a street car, I want to use it for road trips and what not, I went solid on my 3rd gen and it was loud and rough. I am hoping the Hotckis Brace will help as well.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 10-07-2021, 06:05 PM   #14
Joe.G

I got the Trailing arms, Toe rod, Springs and Sway bars installed. I am waiting on the Hotckis brace still. Do you think for street use I am going to regret not doing the Sub frame bushings and control arm mounts? I am sure at some point I will end up doing them but I am not sure when, I would like to start working HP next. I have not diven the car I am waiting on an alignment.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,