Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-06-2021, 04:27 AM   #1
IBM camaro 2

Drives: 2011 camaro RS, BMW e90
CTS-V 6 piston clearance vs 4 piston stock SS

Hi I currently have the SS front brembo set up on my v6 camaro and want to upgrade to the CTSV front set up. My question is if I currently clear the SS calipers on my 20x9 +27 factory reproduction zl1 1LE replicas. Will I be able to clear the 6 piston brakes are they larger in width? I know they are obviously much larger length. I have about 2mm clearance with the current brembo set up.
The picture I am including just for showing the look. Yes my rotors are backward will be fixed this weekend :(

Thank you all
Attached Images

IBM camaro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So the CTS-V pads won’t have the roller skates on them and are you 2mm from the wheel face or wheel barrel??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:56 AM   #3
IBM camaro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
So the CTS-V pads won’t have the roller skates on them and are you 2mm from the wheel face or wheel barrel??
Thanks for that info I’m 2mm from the wheel face. I should be go to go if I don’t hit the wheel face. My current SS set up clears well no issues grinding I’m just not sure if the CTSV caliper is wider than the SS caliper that clears.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:39 AM   #4
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If it’s close to the wheel face get a 3-5mm spacer to give you a feel good.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I have a CTS-V front brake setup on my SS and have no issues with clearance. Been on there for about 4 years and love them on the track.
Attached Images

hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #6
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
So I have an SS and am going to the 6 pot CTS-V calipers which I just got back from the powdercoater. I measured my SS calipers from the face of the rotor to the face of the caliper and got a measurement of 2.35". So if I understand you correctly you have a 2mm (.078") clearance between the back of the wheel and face of the rotor. Although I could only take bench measurements on the 6 pots with the pads installed and spaced 33mm (thickness of ZL1 rotor) I got 2.42" from rotor face to face of the caliper. That's a 2mm difference further out. I don't think you will clear. If you know anyone with a 1LE or ZL1, use a digital caliper and measure to be sure. I'm confident what I measured is close enough to know it's risky.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:17 AM   #7
IBM camaro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
So I have an SS and am going to the 6 pot CTS-V calipers which I just got back from the powdercoater. I measured my SS calipers from the face of the rotor to the face of the caliper and got a measurement of 2.35". So if I understand you correctly you have a 2mm (.078") clearance between the back of the wheel and face of the rotor. Although I could only take bench measurements on the 6 pots with the pads installed and spaced 33mm (thickness of ZL1 rotor) I got 2.42" from rotor face to face of the caliper. That's a 2mm difference further out. I don't think you will clear. If you know anyone with a 1LE or ZL1, use a digital caliper and measure to be sure. I'm confident what I measured is close enough to know it's risky.
Thank you so much for all of that measuring I really appreciate it. It cleared with 1mm left so I ended up having to run a 5mm spacer on the hub. It’s worked out great so far.