Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #1
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Lightbulb Need some help with license plate lights and reverse lights

Hey everyone who frequents the cosmetic and lighting mod section,
I noticed tonight that one of the lights for illuminating the rear license plate went out.
I'm not about to take it to the dealer to have them rip it apart to replace.. So I will be doing it myself.

Anyone have links to some simple little LEDs for those lights?

Also while I'm at it, I would like to replace my reverse lights with LEDs. And I don't want those shoddy AAC ones either..
I like the look better of the clear white LEDs, and I'd enjoy the benefit of more light output.

(I tried searching and saw lots of threads about the reverse lights, but most of them were fairly old and didn't have many pictures...)

Thanks!
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I think the license plate lights are just 194 bulbs, you can find lots of LED 194 bulbs. Just check amazon or ebay.

Of course I haven't changed them myself, maybe someone else can chime in on it

good luck with the reverse
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
You can buy a full led kit for your Camaro at many light retailers like ACC!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
We have high quality replacement LEDs for your license plate lights. They ship for free if you send us a PM for the discount code. No shoddy quality here, everything is designed, measured, and tested here in St. Louis:

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We have high quality replacement LEDs for your license plate lights. They ship for free if you send us a PM for the discount code. No shoddy quality here, everything is designed, measured, and tested here in St. Louis:

Nick C.
Awesome I'll PM you then.

I still need some nice reverse lights, I see you only have them for the 2014..
Needing LED reverse lights for a 2013.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Old 08-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Still need some help on the reverse lights, since I want to do these both at once, and I don't want a cop pulling me over for the license plate light being out..which would be my luck.
Kind of time crucial.

Anyones help would be appreciated.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
NorthRoutt

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS LS3 SIM
Replacing your license plate lights will take you 5 minutes with no tools needed and the bulbs will be a few dollars. Go ahead and do it now so you don't get pulled over.

Reverse lights are a different story. You will need to take the rear fascia (bumper cover) off to get to the reverse light bulbs/housings. There are some vendors that offer LED reverse lights but they aren't cheap, I think they start at around $90 a pair plus an hour or two to install.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRoutt View Post
Replacing your license plate lights will take you 5 minutes with no tools needed and the bulbs will be a few dollars. Go ahead and do it now so you don't get pulled over.

Reverse lights are a different story. You will need to take the rear fascia (bumper cover) off to get to the reverse light bulbs/housings. There are some vendors that offer LED reverse lights but they aren't cheap, I think they start at around $90 a pair plus an hour or two to install.
Thank you, I ordered and already received the license plate lights from diode dynamics. Gonna install soon and do the reverse lights down the line then.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:57 AM   #9
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRoutt View Post

I haven't done it myself but how is it an hour install? The rear bumper cover comes off in 5 minutes flat
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
NorthRoutt

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS LS3 SIM
You must be a lot quicker than me then. Getting the rear bumper cover off the first time by myself took about 20 or 30 minutes because I wasn't sure how hard to pull/push. The plastic push-tabs that hold the bumper cover in place aren't visible or even reachable (I think) when you're pulling it off so it was difficult for me to know where to apply force to remove it.