Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #29
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Bumblebee View Post
Hi guys,

I'll be short.

-Ordered end of June.
-Promised September.
-It is October.
-It is also getting FRICKIN' cold.
-I'm not going to store it as soon as I get it and just let it depreciate

-Will put an order for the z24 when it comes out perhaps late next year.

-I have a license plate (Ontario) that says "BUMBLEBEE1"

If anybody wants to buy it from me to have it transferred, I would love to let it go for whatever I paid for it. I think it was $250.

I also happen to have a 2LT Transformers Edition on order at Bob Myers Chev in Ajax that I'm sure they'd love to find a buyer.

Fed up with waiting...all the recalls (HVAC problem included most recently)

I know there are a lot of die hard fans of the Camaro on this site and you'll all flame me but I have to say that I am NOT a die hard fan. Just a BIG fan of the car's stylings and what I fell in love with when I test drove it...TWICE. Of course, I loved it in the movie so yes I am a bit of a fanboy. Takes all kinds right?

I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and buying a much cheaper motorcycle that I always wanted. I'll get my kicks that way. ^_^
DoN'T quit now ...cause along with the camaro comes a whole new set of Camaro cult friends ...and ask dealer to lower price
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #30
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
You're right. Don't get the Camaro. You don't really want it.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #31
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
It's Frickin' cold...recalls...waiting......blah, blah, blah

Dial 1-800-555-WAAA
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #32
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool

You can get one at dealer right now ...they're sitting on lots since winter approching..

Super lucky I was . Called June 19th had exactly the car I would have ordered and got it next working day ...

Look at GM site for dealers who have it on their lot and are ready to negotiate now that winter cometh soon
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
Oh and I was going to get a motorcycle at an end of season sale. Better to just sit in the garage for a motorcycle than a $40K car. However, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for your support guys. This site really is like a support group as well as everything else!
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #34
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
How did u get 10 characters on the plate? do tell considering its 8.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #35
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Bumblebee View Post
Oh and I was going to get a motorcycle at an end of season sale. Better to just sit in the garage for a motorcycle than a $40K car. However, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for your support guys. This site really is like a support group as well as everything else!
Sitting in a 2010 camaro with that new car smell omg its amazing you'll see
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #36
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Well hope you are happy with the car. In all honesty I am suprised that you would have ordered one with it showing up so late anyways. I would have saved my pennies and ordered in the spring so you could get a jumpstart on summer cruising and potentially more options.

Good luck with the car, the hardest part about falling in love with it is gonna be parking it for 6 months. I am going through some serious depression at the thought. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 AM   #37
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
another mis-spell. it will be BMBLBEE1

djsnoflake...this is precisely the reason why I might NOT keep it.
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The V6 with some winter wheels and tires will probably do fine in the winter, with all those electronic nannies in the car now. Unless you are worried about salt ruining the car. In that case, make sure you rinse it off frequently. I'm convinced that Toronto wants to make convert lake Ontario into a salt lake.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #39
Chris0416

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT RS
Hey the same thing happened to me.
I ordered in the middle of June and the said I would get it at the end of August. September came around and the salesman said "it will be here soon, not much longer" I waited and then I got a call in the middle of September saying my car is built and it's on it's way and it will be there at the end of the week. So I asked for a vin number and the salesman said he would call me back with it. No call for the vin number of the car so I just went into the dealership. After waiting in the lobby for about half an hour my salesman told me that he doesn't know where my car is and that it will be here any day now.
3 weeks late my car still hasn't arrived and I still haven't gotten a vin number or a call about the car. I called head office and they told me my car wasn't even built yet! So i went in to see the manager but he was busy, and my salesman just kept telling me that it will be here any day, completely ignoring that head officer said it wasn't built. I went in again to see the manager and he wasn't much more help. He said that I have to wait and if I want to cancel my order he has a bunch of people that would buy it from him. And he completely ignored the fact that head office said it wasn't built yet too.
So i just kept going in every day asking the same questions until finally they called to tell me it's in, but it wouldn't be ready until Friday...horrible service if you ask me.
Hope none of you go to Dean Myers!
And if you do, don't expect much help from the manager Clay, he doesn't seem to care about his customers!
Chris0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #40
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Buy your car from someone else, but don't tell this dealer. When your car does actually come in, next spring, keep telling them you'll be in "any day" to pick it up. Leave them hanging!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #41
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Buy your car from someone else, but don't tell this dealer. When your car does actually come in, next spring, keep telling them you'll be in "any day" to pick it up. Leave them hanging!
I like your thinking!
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #42
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Some dealers really do deserve this. I had a well lets just say special salesmen who didn't have a clue what they were talking about when it came to this car or how allocations work. One such person told me allocation has nothing to do with anything and its which model you choose Another wanted a $5000 deposit before he would order you a car or change the option on one they have in the system BTW i drive by there lots all the time just to rub it in there nose a bit for being tools
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote