Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
SilverRain

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
I am up for it
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
OK I count 10 of us who are interested. What I don't know is whether everyone's "interest" will translate into an actual purchase. Money talks people so we need group commitment for this to work.
They are getting back to me on what pricing they can give us. But generally here's how it's going to work. If you want to buy, PM me and I'll give you a passcode to identify you as part of the group. You then call Hugger (they have a toll-free number) and place your order using that pass code. Hugger will collect our orders for a 2 week window. That means you need to PLACE YOUR ORDER WITHIN THAT WINDOW. They are currently ~2 weeks in production now anyway. This will tell them how many are in the group order. As long as we meet the quota they set (say like 8 covers) then everyone will get the group discount. IMPORTANT - you will place your order thru and be shipped to by Hugger - Not Me. It's important to CALL them instead of ordering on their website so you can (1) get custom work done if desired and (2) identify yourself as part of the group.
At minimum they're going to throw-in storage bags for everyone. If you're local, shipping can be saved through pick-up. There will be other discounts but those are confidential and once I know (today), I'll inform everyone via PM.

So - If you're seriously interested, please go ahead and send me a PM. I should know the details today so I'll try to distribute that info. by Monday.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
CanadianCamaro

bump

Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
CanadianCamaro

bump - Anyone? I only have 2 PMs about this so far. That's 3 covers and not enough for a group buy.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
bump - Anyone? I only have 2 PMs about this so far. That's 3 covers and not enough for a group buy.
COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S GET SOME COMMITMENT HERE, IF YOU WANT A CAR COVER OR NOT. IT'S NOT BRAIN SURGERY, AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT W***ER WILL BE HERE

IF YOU'RE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, SEND SCOTT A PM. DO IT NOW
ANOTHER WEEK AND WE HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION, THAN I DON'T WANT TO HERE ANY BECAUSE YOU MISSED THE BOAT.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
PM sent
Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
CanadianCamaro

OK Folks - I have 6 serious and 1 likely (based on PMs sent to me). There's more than that in this thread so PM me if you havne't already. I'll call them tomorrow and see what I can negotiate.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #22
CanadianCamaro

UPDATE - GROUP BUY INFORMATION

UPDATE

I spoke with Marsha at Hugger today and got the low-down on our group buy details. Part of the deal however is that this information is not distributed in a public forum (AKA not here). So.... For anyone who has already sent me a PM expressing serious interest, I will send you a reply with the details. If anyone else is interested, send me a PM!!

But here's the deal guys: We will each be ordering individually directly from Hugger but identifying ourselves as part of this group using a code. In order to ensure we are fair for Hugger and don't take months to order our quantity You MUST order your cover BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2009!!! Clear?

So send me a PM and let's Get 'er Done!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #23
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
PM sent! What if you get 50 more people (unlikely)...shouldn't the price go down even further? :P
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #24
CanadianCamaro

If we get close to 20 even, I'll be calling them and renegotiating a better price. They can always credit some $ back on those covers paid for to date! That's why it's important for everyone to let me know once you're ordered.

Cheers

Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
tiggerss

Drives: orange 2ss/rs
Just remember that a car cover is serious, just because the price is right does not mean that it is good.What is the warranty state and is it a true indoor outdoor cover.The G.M. cover is warranteed and fits like a glove,and most dealers will give it to you for employee pricing, around 380.00 tax in and no shipping charges or group rate needed,but then again it is your money!!!
tiggerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #26
CanadianCamaro

I have the GM cover. Yes it's covered under warranty. And Yes i wanted it b/c i got it on the window sticker. It fits well, is reasonably well made and looks good. But it does not offer much in way of protection. First problem is it's made from a parachute type material. The good news with that this material doesn't hold dirt/grit like cloth will. But ANY cover will scratch if put on a dirty car and not properlly cared for. Oh and the GM cover (to be honest) is a bit overpriced. Remember I own one and I'm being nice by saying it that way. Others won't be so nice. The basic indoor Hugger cover is $300 for the Camaro. Assuming your in Ontario, add taxes and say $25 shipping and you're still cheaper than the GM cover. The group deal makes it that much better. So I think the point on price is moot.

As far as the hugger covers go, I haven't owned one before. But I know plenty who have and rave about them. Is there better available? Maybe. One this is for sure, they do fit like a glove. If you have any fitment issues just take it back and they'll make it right.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #27
Jackied
jackied

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2LT
I have been debating getting the gm cover as well, but just caught this thread. I would like to get in on the group deal, but is it just for you guys in Canada?
Jackied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #28
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
I have the GM cover. Yes it's covered under warranty. And Yes i wanted it b/c i got it on the window sticker. It fits well, is reasonably well made and looks good. But it does not offer much in way of protection. First problem is it's made from a parachute type material. The good news with that this material doesn't hold dirt/grit like cloth will. But ANY cover will scratch if put on a dirty car and not properlly cared for. Oh and the GM cover (to be honest) is a bit overpriced. Remember I own one and I'm being nice by saying it that way. Others won't be so nice. The basic indoor Hugger cover is $300 for the Camaro. Assuming your in Ontario, add taxes and say $25 shipping and you're still cheaper than the GM cover. The group deal makes it that much better. So I think the point on price is moot.

As far as the hugger covers go, I haven't owned one before. But I know plenty who have and rave about them. Is there better available? Maybe. One this is for sure, they do fit like a glove. If you have any fitment issues just take it back and they'll make it right.
I have owned a Hugger cover in the past, it works great, it's great quality material, and it's specifically cut to the year and make of the vehicle, therefore the fit is always snug.
I ordered mine today, and just to let you know the S & H is $18.88, don't ask how it came to that.