Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #85
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Eh, the mileage rating for the 6 is 17/26 and for the 8 is 16/24 - hardly enough difference to merit going with the 6 irrespective of the cost of fuel. Facts are that the 8 is going to hold its resale over the long term better than the 6 in a car like this. Same thing for a full size pickup. I suppose that this one time could be different than any other instance in the history of the automobile, but I doubt it.
AGREED!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #86
fearless

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss grey/black
Its funny how people are saying poor wording on ops part. haha he owned both and gave his opinion on them. Why do you care obviously theres a reason you take offense to his post you wanted the v8. What other reason could you take offense get over it the dude owned both cars and he loves the v8 and not the v6 whats so wrong with that and why should he sugar coat anything? You guys are acting like he said " you v6 camaro owners are broke buy a real car''
Old 08-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #87
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless View Post
Its funny how people are saying poor wording on ops part. haha he owned both and gave his opinion on them. Why do you care obviously theres a reason you take offense to his post you wanted the v8. What other reason could you take offense get over it the dude owned both cars and he loves the v8 and not the v6 whats so wrong with that and why should he sugar coat anything? You guys are acting like he said " you v6 camaro owners are broke buy a real car''
I'm guessing you didn't read the whole thread.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #88
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
Ya he did, in different words... I am not dumb... If his comments were so great why were they removed to save his companies reputation and sales???

No, he didn't, and he apologized and tried to clarify later. I didn't say his comments "were so great". It's pretty obvious that you're prone to gross exaggeration rather than sticking to what is actually said, so there's not much point continuing.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #89
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
we all knew this thread was going to go this way

Notice though, people who bought the V6 when they could have easily afforded the SS don't get so defensive. Likely, they have other big boy toys in their garage and the V6 Camaro is just whatever car.

On the other hand, the other half just get all defensive, feel they have to validate to everyone why (really, the validation only really works on you and for you) and get pissy. We know why.

Ahhhhhhh so what 304FLYWHEEL hp? It is a 3800+_ pound car! Brag about the styling but please, not the hp rating. My 1995 M3 with 230 fwhp spanks it.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #90
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
No, he didn't, and he apologized and tried to clarify later. I didn't say his comments "were so great". It's pretty obvious that you're prone to gross exaggeration rather than sticking to what is actually said, so there's not much point continuing.

Nothing to see here... Moving right along... LOLOLOLLOLOLOL
Old 08-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #91
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I'll ask again - all things being equal (purchase price, insurance and maintenance - fuel mileage is already virtually equal), how many people that got a V6 would have still chosen it over a V8?

I don't care what you got or why you got it, but the fact is that most people would laugh at that question because those 3 factors are usually what makes someone go with a smaller motor that gets virtually the same fuel mileage. That is why many people make that assumption - because in the overwhelmingly majority of cases it's true. It's not meant as a slight, or to offend.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #92
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
I don't care what you drive or why, but it certainly seems that a lot of V6 owners look to get offended over what are generally harmless comments that are just phrased poorly. Lighten up, your actions make it look like you have the equivalent of "little man's syndrome". The OP had a perspective that most of us don't, so he shared it. A few of you acted pissy about that. The salesman apologized, y'all are still acting pissy about it.

Oh, the v8 guys love to jump on the v6 guys just as much. There are people on both sides who are pissy when someone talks down about their car. It definitely goes both ways, and is stupid in all respects. From chest thumping about horsepower to claims about financial status, the v8 guys are every bit as insecure as the v6 folks who defend their choice.

Quote:
It certainly seems that way. I'm not aware of anyone that I know personally that has a V6 that wouldn't have gotten the V8 had price, insurance, and maintenance been equal. I'm really curious if those that seem uptight can honestly say that if everything were equally priced, they still would choose a 6. I think it is a reasonable assumption that most people choose a V6 because of those 3 factors. I suppose fuel efficiency could play a role, but in reality I don't see why it should since they are very similar in that respect. I get 17 in town in purely stop and go traffic and 26 on the interstate.

I am one of those who wouldn't have bought the SS had those three things been equal. I would have thought about it for sure, but a v8 just simply wasn't wanted or needed. Had the SS been cheaper on price, well, then a serious look would have been taken. No, if I go v8, I go Corvette, or I don;t go. Why argue with medium dogs when you can be the big dog?? Besides, I like being the underdog, and more people have been impressed with what my v6 can and has done, then they are with the SS.

And the following doesn't apply to you Rip.....

Also, the LS3 isn't a challange, it's almost like wimping out when it comes to modding it. The LLT on the other hand? It's a pesky little bitch that takes some serious balls to tweak. Maybe if Morano racing, or whom it ever they are were real men, they would grab an LLT and see what they can do. Forget grabbing a motor that has been out forever and anyone can make power out of. Let them take something most people shy away from and do something. Then talk.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #93
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I'll ask again - all things being equal (purchase price, insurance and maintenance - fuel mileage is already virtually equal), how many people that got a V6 would have still chosen it over a V8?

I don't care what you got or why you got it, but the fact is that most people would laugh at that question because those 3 factors are usually what makes someone go with a smaller motor that gets virtually the same fuel mileage. That is why many people make that assumption - because in the overwhelmingly majority of cases it's true. It's not meant as a slight, or to offend.

All hail to the rich man... Got a few dollars this lowly and obviously broke V6 owner can borrow kind sir....
Old 08-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #94
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
we all knew this thread was going to go this way

Notice though, people who bought the V6 when they could have easily afforded the SS don't get so defensive. Likely, they have other big boy toys in their garage and the V6 Camaro is just whatever car.

On the other hand, the other half just get all defensive, feel they have to validate to everyone why (really, the validation only really works on you and for you) and get pissy. We know why.

Ahhhhhhh so what 304FLYWHEEL hp? It is a 3800+_ pound car! Brag about the styling but please, not the hp rating. My 1995 M3 with 230 fwhp spanks it.
uh, aren't they mid to high 14 second cars?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #95
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no!!!!

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

FOOD FIGHT!!!!!

A hospital Doctor. What is it?

Oh it's a big building with patients in it, but that's unimportant right now!

How, silly can this get!

Seems like a lot of folks are getting a bit cranky again.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #96
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige
Quote:

I would still choose my V6. I CAN afford everything about the SS, but I didn't WANT to. I'd rather have a car that is everything I want and save/spend my money for other things in life. While I guess money technically was a determining factor, it was not an issue of affordability. There's a difference.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #97
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
We all knew this was going to happen!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #98
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670

Surprised it's not closed yet ...

Closed Thread