Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Trying to impress my girl with all my cool car stuff. Does she look impressed?
Attached Images

ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
The coating was $250.00 and is internal and external. The finish really looks good. He sends them out to Connecticut coating. I did a ton of research on them too and found everyone likes their work. The few places where coating and ARH headers are mentioned on C5 ARH always chimes in and reminds everyone that it isn't neccessary. I believe them, but again it was all about going first class on my first ever set of headers. I spoke with Ted about it and he recommended it saying it was good for under hood temps and keeps the headers looking new. Living in Florida I figured it was worth it. I have a few more good close pics of the coating for you.
Thanks for the additional pics. $250 isn't too bad for that kind of quality coating. Truly the only reason I want it is because it keeps them looking good without the stains from the heat showing up. I'll have to start saving for these immediately.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Looks really good Brian!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #18
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Thank you! I hope I can sleep tonight. I wish I could start the install right now!
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Thank you! I hope I can sleep tonight. I wish I could start the install right now!
Moon is still out......lol

We started Richard's Cam around 10 one night...worked till about 3 and knocked it out. Nothing like Dr Pepper and motivation!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I'm taking the easy way out and going to the base to use their lift. Too dog one old to roll around on my back that long.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Man....that coating looks awesome. Mine are coated but I don't think they were done inside. I paid $225 so $250 in and out is a great price.

You won't regret the coating. Don't worry about any performance gains. It's mostly cosmetic and protective but well worth it IMO.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

The only thing I wanted from coating, performance wise, was to keep the temps down a bit under the hood. Very much like your Texas, we get boiling hot for most of the year. I know my truck will eat a set of plug wires once every few years from heat with the stock cast iron manifolds so I went coating and heat sleeves for the wires.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #23
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I'm a pig. Forgot my camera when I did the install and then had so much fun driving I didn't get home till well after dark and couldn't do any good pics or video. My plan for tomorrow is to do a good bath for the Camaro and take some good pics and video. The short version is WHAT A BEAST!!! My very prim and proper red headed lady has been transformed into a VERY VERY bad nasty girl with the attitude of a professional killer. Just an awesome ride. Driving back off base in traffic she would putter along ultra smooth and quiet. Out the gate and a quick tromp on the throttle and a whole other side of her personality came out. Loads and loads of instant power on tap with a sound that was pure music. The Ted Jannetty tune made the tranny shift like a whole new car and it pulls like a F-22 Raptor on full after burner take off. When I got home my daughter wanted to go for a ride. I pulled out on the road nice and smooth and stomped the throttle at 25 mph and was fighting to keep the back end behind me. When the auto shifted into second the tires broke loose again and just kept delivering power. This on warm pavement with big 305 warmed up perellis rocketing me forward. I am impressed! At WOT the sound is everything I ever wanted, but I can back out of it and not be loud or annoying to the folks around me. It is so much smoother and more precise than it used to be. That ugly AFM quirkiness is gone, replaced with loads of power delivered in a manner that puts me in charge of what the car is doing at any given moment. Zero hesitation, zero flat spots, no computer driven power loss when I'm exploring the limits of tire adhesion. The shifts are so much quicker it is a pure pleasure to drive. It is like having a 44 magnum on your hip. You don't have to pull the trigger if you don't want to, but it is right there waiting on you when you want it. Here are some really crappy pics. I will do better tomorrow if I can stay out from behind the wheel long enough to take some.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #24
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

One more note before sleep. I was shocked by how quick the motor revs now. I had grown used to the time it took the motor to gain RPM under load. Sub conscously I had memorized the timing. I have to relearn now. It revs so much quicker now my right foot needs re-education. I am having fun going back to school.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

The animals are gathering in twos! If it ever quits raining I will get that video I promised.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #26
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Updated with pics and video

I'm a little lost. Took my video today, but don't know how to upload it. It is in AVI format. What format should it be in and how do I upload it.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
GlowingBurrito

Drives: 2012 Camaro SIM 1SS L99
You could try to upload it to Youtube.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #28
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I will try to search video upload on here and see if i can come up with it. Everything acts like it is going then no video.