Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #15
Dtyler228

Drives: 2010 LS3
I have the same set up on mine and absolutely LOVE it! Agree with the neighbors not being the biggest fan of this set up lol. Definitely recommend the set up to anyone, I get compliments on all week long. Enjoy!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #16
TWNTY10SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedSS View Post
I couldn't make up my mind on which ones I wanted. I researched for about a month then called Apex and spoke with Chase to get his opinion, he said that they where very impressed with the SW setup so I decided to get them.

I also knew I was going to get one of the SW Exhaust systems so that helped in the decision. I couldnt be happier, I would recommend them to anyone. Give Chase a call and speak with him about it, he may even be able to give you a break on the pricing.
Sounds like you researched a lil more than I have so far. Guess I will be forked over a lil more cash for these. Thanks for the heads up!
TWNTY10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #17
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I know I love pissing off my neighbor, had a pretty loud v6 before, now got some SW goodies coming my way, this summer should be fun

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #18
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I have a set of Stainless Work Headers in my garage for install.

Is it ok if I thread jack this and ask how the install went?

I bought my headers from from a forum member and got the headers only. I ordered a set of gaskets. I was going to order the extention wires for the o2's from ebay but I don't know the length to get.

Is there anything else that came with your kit? Or does it mount straight to the stock exhaust?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #19
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I have a set of Stainless Work Headers in my garage for install.

Is it ok if I thread jack this and ask how the install went?

I bought my headers from from a forum member and got the headers only. I ordered a set of gaskets. I was going to order the extension wires for the o2's from ebay but I don't know the length to get.

Is there anything else that came with your kit? Or does it mount straight to the stock exhaust?
The install was relatively easy except for removing the O2 sensors. I had to go get new ones and in order to do that I had to go-to 4 separate stores to get them for a 2014 haha.

I used the factory gaskets and I ordered high flow cats with the system. To be honest I wouldn't bother installing the headers until you get the HF cats. And I dont trust eBay at all...I have had a few real bad experiences with orders from there, I would search the thread to see if you can find the length of the extensions or try to contact Stainless Works and ask them for the specs.

One more thing, if you have to disconnect the steering shaft take a white out pen and mark the shaft and try to be very careful not to move the wheel. But, if you do the white out will make it easy to line back up. You can try it without removing the shaft but I had to.
2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #20
BasedSS

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWNTY10SS View Post
Sounds like you researched a lil more than I have so far. Guess I will be forked over a lil more cash for these. Thanks for the heads up!
Let us know when you get them installed, you are going to love the setup!

And make sure your order from Apex!!
2014 SS Stainless Works Headers w/ high flow cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Exhaust, Jannety Tune, Hurst short throw, APEX catch can, Tampa Tunning Throttle Body, APEX/Gen5 LED fogs, CAI Intake system, Diode Dynamics LED's, ACS T4 Splitter
BasedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedSS View Post

And make sure your order from Apex!!

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #22
thedelrizz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I know I love pissing off my neighbor, had a pretty loud v6 before, now got some SW goodies coming my way, this summer should be fun
My neighbor feels the need to mow the lawn at exactly 8 am every saturday... hes in for a surprise this summer when the LT headers/high flow cats and magnaflow competition exhaust go on.

its pay back time
thedelrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #23
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Love the Sound of My Retro Catback.

Im currently running just the Catback with Solo High flow cats, no headers.

But i do have a TVS2300 supercharger making it louder. I cant imagine how louder this setup is going to get this spring when i add Catless Longtubes to it......
Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #24
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedelrizz View Post
My neighbor feels the need to mow the lawn at exactly 8 am every saturday... hes in for a surprise this summer when the LT headers/high flow cats and magnaflow competition exhaust go on.

its pay back time
you need to work out at 4 am like I did last summer and will this summer again, leave for the gym around 3:45 am, pass right by there bed room

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #25
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
You guys are evil.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote