Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #169
ChetSS

Drives: Camaro SS
I didn't read all 7 pages, so sorry if a repeat, but the Z51 with a set of Tofeos would be cheaper and faster = Better value.
ChetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #170
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetSS View Post
I didn't read all 7 pages, so sorry if a repeat, but the Z51 with a set of Tofeos would be cheaper and faster = Better value.
It's a peculiar brand of "better value" when you need to seat four people.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #171
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetSS View Post
You do realize there are people out there who want the ultimate track Camaro, whether or not the Z51 is faster?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #172
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Amen to every word above. At a stop light a lady rolled down her window, pointed at the shield on the front fender of my car and asked, "Is that the new Mustang?" I said,

"No, it's the new Camry."

Its a matter of perspective on the price and we will NEVER all see it the same way. A loaded diesel 4x4 pick up truck is the same price or more and they haul hay and sh!t. In my opinion that is insane but a truck person is happy to pay it. The Z/28 is the ultimate track Camaro ever built and that type of intense engineering and assembly is going to cost, LOTS! So, if its not for you for any number of reasons then so be it. I love the Z/28 but it doesn't fit all my needs so I didn't buy one but I don't begrudge anyone who does, I only ask for a ride around the track.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #173
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post

Its a matter of perspective on the price and we will NEVER all see it the same way. A loaded diesel 4x4 pick up truck is the same price or more and they haul hay and sh!t. In my opinion that is insane but a truck person is happy to pay it. The Z/28 is the ultimate track Camaro ever built and that type of intense engineering and assembly is going to cost, LOTS! So, if its not for you for any number of reasons then so be it. I love the Z/28 but it doesn't fit all my needs so I didn't buy one but I don't begrudge anyone who does, I only ask for a ride around the track.
I'll give you a ride.

Look closely. See the track in the photo. It's beautiful. Granted, it's not your normal track, but it'll do. Someone with authority here (who shall remain nameless) wants a ride, and we will run this "track."
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #174
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
I'm guessing that's a track where you do NOT want to be part of the infield crowd?
Old 03-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #175
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
I'm guessing that's a track where you do NOT want to be part of the infield crowd?
Correct. The infield crowd here, that's a tough crowd, as Rodney Dangerfield use to say.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #176
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Correct. The infield crowd here, that's a tough crowd, as Rodney Dangerfield use to say.
on the plus side if you get busted it'll be a short walk to your new digs

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #177
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
I actually thought it was overpriced at $75k until I saw what it did against cars 115k and up. Now I think it's actually a good deal. Great job Chevy!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #178
gto406

Drives: 1972 GTO, 1969 Firebird
Great vehicle, don't get me wrong. In my personal opinion, this z-28 does not fit into the cast of the original, and follow-on z's that preceded it. Those cars were always affordable performance cars. While 75K is a bargain (when you compare this car to comparable performance cars): it's place doesn't (in my opinion) fit into the model line.

This car should have been a Camaro SSR or something similar. This positioning IMHO would put this model in it's correct context. A gentle-persons track day car with the means to make the purchase.

This would have permitted Chevrolet to offer a z-28 more along the lines of the 1LE. Which to me is really what the z-28 is about. A performance Camaro for the person of reasonable means.

In any event, the z-28 is here, it is amazing, and for many of us, a vehicle we will unfortunately be unable to enjoy or afford. Thankfully, we have the SS, the 1LE and for a smaller group, the ZL1!!

Cheers,
Brian.
gto406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #179
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
since gas guzzler and destination are in that it really is @71 and then add in the cost of the ls7, shocks, extreme brakes and it is actually a bargain...a steal fo rwhat it can apparently do.
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #180
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto406 View Post
Great vehicle, don't get me wrong. In my personal opinion, this z-28 does not fit into the cast of the original, and follow-on z's that preceded it. Those cars were always affordable performance cars. While 75K is a bargain (when you compare this car to comparable performance cars): it's place doesn't (in my opinion) fit into the model line.

This car should have been a Camaro SSR or something similar. This positioning IMHO would put this model in it's correct context. A gentle-persons track day car with the means to make the purchase.

This would have permitted Chevrolet to offer a z-28 more along the lines of the 1LE. Which to me is really what the z-28 is about. A performance Camaro for the person of reasonable means.

In any event, the z-28 is here, it is amazing, and for many of us, a vehicle we will unfortunately be unable to enjoy or afford. Thankfully, we have the SS, the 1LE and for a smaller group, the ZL1!!

Cheers,
Brian.
IMO the Z/28 should have been named the Z/28R. It "is" a Z/28 that has been raised a good number of levels.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #181
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
IMO the Z/28 should have been named the Z/28R. It "is" a Z/28 that has been raised a good number of levels.

the people wanted their Z28

i think this Z is pretty damn sweet and really the first camaro to catch my attention from the 5th gen (outside the copo)
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #182
gto406

Drives: 1972 GTO, 1969 Firebird
2cnd chance, Yes Z/28R is a perfect name!! It is sort of like the Z06 for the Camaro!!

Has Chevrolet reported lap-times for the Z06, at the Nurburgring?

Cheers,
Brian.
gto406 is offline   Reply With Quote