Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #15
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
That blows! I hope you can fight it hard. It's such bull. Cops in pissy moods are something else...

2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE - 402 of 451
"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #16
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Every cop eyeballs me and/or drops in behind me, like I am unable to not notice them and like I am unable to control the urge to just go around driving tazmanian style all the time.

I am not 16 anymore, and reserve hard play for in the right places at the right time.

Even had a neighbor tell me I should slow down in the neighborhood.

Our neighborhood is 25mph and thats as fast as I drive in it.

But look fast and loud I guess means go fast I guess to some people. lol. Go figure.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #17
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post

But look fast and loud I guess means go fast I guess to some people. lol. Go figure.
I've had that in my truck before lol. Although it doesn't look fast its loud and sounds faster then it really is? Before I moved had a neighbor always yell at me to slow down, just to piss with them I always would speed up. This is also the same neighbor that has people in and out all hours of the night and also block the ally (to the parking spot behind me old house), so I would piss them off by going around the car and they would yell at me for that and I waved at them with one finger.

I hate stupid people... always have and always will lol.

*edit*
I'm sure my current neighbors just love me as well though... Take my Camaro out and I may or may not spiritly leave my driveway down the road lol.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)

Last edited by Green Machine; 05-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #18
alexbarabas

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Every cop eyeballs me and/or drops in behind me, like I am unable to not notice them and like I am unable to control the urge to just go around driving tazmanian style all the time.

I am not 16 anymore, and reserve hard play for in the right places at the right time.

Even had a neighbor tell me I should slow down in the neighborhood.

I had some old woman follow me home and yell at me for going "vroom" one day when I had my 96 Z28 w/ a borla catback. I had some choice words for them as I never speed and I obey traffic laws 100%.
alexbarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #19
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Time for everyone to setup a dash camera in their cars. Its proof that you did not do any "stunt driving" or "reckless driving". I have a dash cam, not great quality... I haven't installed it in the car yet. I used to use it in my semi at the previous company I worked for just to save my butt incase something happened.
+1

I ordered one last night. If I had it I would be in a much better position.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #20
MonsterV6

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrekic View Post
So taking off from the red light, I slightly over-rev (new shoes) and my wheels spun for about a second. Cop behind me turns on the rotating lights and hits me up with a stunt driving charge (6 points, $2400 fine, 7 day license suspension, 7 day vehicle impound, potential for further 6 months licence suspension based on court decision).

Fun times!

I will definitely be contesting this one in court.

Damn that sucks! I got hit with a reckless driving for drifting corners, cop was cool tho, kept giving me compliments on my car.
MonsterV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #21
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterV6 View Post
Damn that sucks! I got hit with a reckless driving for drifting corners, cop was cool tho, kept giving me compliments on my car.
I have gotten compliments too. Its amazing how cops can have such things to worry about such as a little too much accidental wheelspin. Why not find real dangerous people or criminals with felonies. Oh wait, it sounds like too much wheelspin IS a felony!
-I've been to a car show where everyone would do a burnout when they left. So imagine a 4 lane road with large shoulder and a 5' deep ditch around it, then cars parked on the property beyond ditch to watch. Cop was waiting there and constantly pulled people over. Nova hotrod burns out, tires smoking, screech when takeoff and everything, cop does nothing. So at the car show I met a guy with a Z06, mid 50s said he was a doctor. Z06 comes up, barely burns out lets off the throttle after burnout, very lame to say the least ; ), and zoom there goes the cop lights and siren blazing.

Last edited by CruisingSpeed; 05-04-2014 at 12:07 AM.
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #22
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
I have gotten compliments too. Its amazing how cops can have such things to worry about such as a little too much accidental wheelspin. Why not find real dangerous people or criminals with felonies. Oh wait, it sounds like too much wheelspin IS a felony!
-I've been to a car show where everyone would do a burnout when they left. So imagine a 4 lane road with large shoulder and a 5' deep ditch around it, then cars parked on the property beyond ditch to watch. Cop was waiting there and constantly pulled people over. Nova hotrod burns out, tires smoking, screech when takeoff and everything, cop does nothing. So at the car show I met a guy with a Z06, mid 50s said he was a doctor. Z06 comes up, barely burns out lets off the throttle after burnout, very lame to say the least ; ), and zoom there goes the cop lights and siren blazing.
Its because there's no money in solving crimes. cities/states need to keep making up different ways to collect from the tax payers so they can survive.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #23
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Whenever I'm around a cop at all, I am very cautious of what I do even when at a light and stop..you never know how much of an a-hole that cop is feeling today..
Old 05-04-2014, 01:12 AM   #24
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Wow that is crazy.. Hopefully you can successfully fight it.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #25
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Its because there's no money in solving crimes. cities/states need to keep making up different ways to collect from the tax payers so they can survive.
True, but c'mon really! I don't see cops going after that 1994 Taurus with a huge gash in the rear door and 3/4 hubcaps somehow still attached when the conditions for wheelspin are just perfectly, exactly, almost magically, right.

Better watch out toward the end of the month. Gotta meet that quota!!! If its the 4th of the month don't worry about putting on that blinker. The 28th, your f***ed if ya don't!!!
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #26
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
I got pulled over by a off duty cop at a supermarket on foot for almost the small thing spinning the wheels on loose gravel.
Cuban Cop in Miami gave me a reckless driving ticket.
I ask the fellow if this was a joke and if he even was on duty, he replied as long he wears his uniform that he was.
Hired a $100 attorney and got the case dismiss.
Only in Miami!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #27
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I suspect we aren't getting the whole story. otherwise, the OP would have a real good shot at suing the officer/PD for loses incurred from having no car for a week, no license for a week, and the cost of defending himself.

if I were a betting man, I'd wager that small chirp probably wasn't that small.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #28
mvrekic
Friction is a drag.

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Send a message via Skype™ to mvrekic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I suspect we aren't getting the whole story. otherwise, the OP would have a real good shot at suing the officer/PD for loses incurred from having no car for a week, no license for a week, and the cost of defending himself.

if I were a betting man, I'd wager that small chirp probably wasn't that small.
Not really: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_070455_e.htm

The law on this topic is very subjective and arbitrary, to the point where it's constitutionality was challenged few times: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...rut_again.html

I appreciate what the the stunting laws are trying to do (curb street racing) but check this line out:

"Driving a motor vehicle in a manner that indicates an intention to cause some or all of its tires to lose traction with the surface of the highway while turning."

Now tell me that is not BS?

Last edited by mvrekic; 05-04-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: grammar
mvrekic is offline   Reply With Quote