Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Nope it's not, but it looks like one! Kinda the point...
You should look into the used market. You can get all kinds of cool stuff for the kind of money you are talking about spending. Viper, 911, Lotus, even Ferrari 430s and Lamborghini Gallardos are getting below the $100k mark. You just have to do your research into maintenance costs to make sure you don't get in over your head.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #16
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Astons are pretty cheap now....
Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 AM   #17
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
There is at least one legitimate super car replica company but they are quite a bit more pricey than the price point you posted. (Their '66 GT40 MKII runs about $125,000 without the drivetrain). The Cobra coupe is pretty cool also.
Check out Superformance.

http://www.superformance.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superformance

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty-file

Wow just found a link to a list of various GT40 kit car companies. Had no idea there were so many!

http://www.kitcarlist.com/fordgt40.html

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 12-01-2015 at 07:42 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #18
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
http://www.srfoosecars.com/lamb-reventon.php

I am 99% certain that this is the 100% bogus/ scam company that has been investigated and proven bogus countless times. The site I linked above offers EXACTLY the same products, for the same prices, with the same descriptions, as a company that takes peoples' money, never delivers a product, then changes its name.

This company also has nothing to do with Chip Foose, or Jeremy Clarkson, or any legitimate "name" out there, as they often claim.

Think about it: Their claims of what they can do, for the given prices, are ludicrous. No sane person could imagine this to be real... because it isn't real. It is a scam.

This company (most commonly known as (because it was their first incarnation) "Replica Supercars" appears to have once produced the exterior body of ONE replica supercar, a Lamborghini Renventon. They made a video that was hilarious. They spent about 20% of the video proudly demonstrating--- even with bold words flashing across the screen to emphasize the actions--- that the brake lights, turns signals, AND back- up lights were FER REALZ and FUNCTIONING! They were very, very proud, and had proof, right there... those lights work! They showed the car 'drive,' but never at more than 10 MPH... it is very possible that the vehicle was being towed or pushed, and only made to LOOK like it was driving. The narrators SPOKE endlessly of the amazing fit, finish, quality, and performance... but the video showed NONE of that... just that the taillights were functional.

The company has used a picture of Chip Foose with one of their employees, and labeled it as proof that Chip endorses this company. However, Foose has released statements pointing out that he has NOTHING to do with the company, and the picture was taken at a celebrity autograph signing session... the guy in the pic just waited in line, like everybody else, got an autograph and a picture, and was on his way. That guy now falsely uses THAT picture to claim alliance with Foose.

This company uses pics of REAL, actual supercars, and claims them as their own fabrications. However, a LOT of people have stepped up to identify their OWN personal cars.... some were photographed at car shows, or even just on the street, and then this company claims that these are pics of cars that they have manufactured.

THIS company is as bogus as a three dollar bill. I'd bet that same three dollar bill that MOST (perhaps not all) similar companies are also not legit. For these prices, you can't build anything that looks even remotely decent. Spend more money, and you might as well get used but legit original.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #19
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Actually, just now I perused that website (in my previous post) a little more... It is POSITIVELY the same bogus company (forget the 99% chance I cited) that is absolutely fake. They do not produce anything that they claim... in fact, they do not produce ANYTHING at all, not even BAD replicas. They simply accept money from those who place orders, and that's the end of the transaction.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #20
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Buying a ZL1 and modifing the engine is not what I would consider a super car, but yes the Camaro is a very nice car. Thats why I have one. Just not the same as owning a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...
You're right. Maintenance on the Camaro is much more reasonable.

Define "supercar".
Attached Images

BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #21
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
That 818 from factory five looks pretty neat
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #22
MXR

Drives: 13 ZL1 JDP 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteCrawler View Post

Define "supercar".
The ZL1 has chunks of supercars in its stool lol
MXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #23
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
OP, ever here the saying "You can't polish a turd"?

think about it.

disclaimer, I know Mythbusters proved that you can. It's just a saying.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #24
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:

Define "supercar".
Ummm yes it is...much more reasonable.

Define "reasonable"

http://jalopnik.com/heres-what-it-co...YkvvMoA5eTDVRg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...h-maintenance/

http://www.secretentourage.com/lifes...an-exotic-car/

Quote:
The Murcielago will run you about $2000 for an oil change, $4000 for plugs and the best part $12000 for an E-Gear Clutch. The Gallardo on the other hand is more docile and similar to the Ferrari 360 Modena at just $400 for an oil change, $2000 for plugs and finally about $3500 for an E-Gear clutch.
Quote:
the common E-Gear actuator failure that can be upwards of $20,000 to repair.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #25
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXR View Post
The ZL1 has chunks of supercars in its stool lol

Perhaps my eye roll was misplaced. This was exactly my point. The same level of performance for a much more reasonable price.
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The maintenance costs vary a lot depending on the car and equipment. For example, the Ferrari 430 costs much less than the 360. It is one of those things you really need to research when considering an exotic because it can make a huge difference. Porsche and Lotus are both pretty easy on the pocket book to maintain.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:53 AM   #27
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
What I have really been looking for is the Hennesey Venom GT... I am pretty sure I will not be able to afford one of those anytime soon. A fake one that I semi built or put together myself with a nice engine and suspension would make me just as happy to drive. It is not an 'investment" to me, it is just for me to drive and feel good in.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #28
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:

Perhaps my eye roll was misplaced. This was exactly my point. The same level of performance for a much more reasonable price.
oh well I took it the wrong way then. Yea, you can get some serious performance for a lot less with the ZL1. you do however get a lot less attention in the Camaro as you would in a 430. but if attention isn't your thing it doent matter.