Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #449
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
GM will not have to worry about mass producing the LS7, because the ZL1 is not going to be mass produced. At least within the first year.
Im a little confused about this post....

The ZL1 is not going to have the LS7..... So how does it tie in?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #450
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Not sure if you are responding to my comment above, but what I am responding to his statement that it is only speculation of how well the ZL1 will handle. He said it is all on paper...... when it is not on paper... if the MR system didn't work well, GM would never put it in a CORVETTE..

I think GM would be wasting their time to try and build something LESS than the ZR1..... I guarantee less than 10% of camaro owners do any type of twisty road or road course riding....

GM has already built a specialty car "track car", the ZL1....

The only thing MOST people want is the name Z28..... WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THE Z28 WAS RENAMED AND ALREADY DEBUTED PURE SPECULATIONON MY PART
You can claim what you want , my point is that NO ONE but perhaps some GM engineers has driven a ZL1 flat out in the twisties yet, so the ZL1 configuration is speculation on paper UNTIL it is in production and can be driven by a number of people (unless of course GM/Chevrolet wants to release test results at this point in time). You can have proven parts or systems on any number of vehicles, they may work well on the vehicles they are already on, but when it is going on a different vehicle or configuration, it still has to be proven. And it's OK if you think that the ZL1 is the ultimate track configuration Camaro, there are people out there that want something different than the ZL1.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #451
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Not sure if you are responding to my comment above, but what I am responding to his statement that it is only speculation of how well the ZL1 will handle. He said it is all on paper...... when it is not on paper... if the MR system didn't work well, GM would never put it in a CORVETTE..

I think GM would be wasting their time to try and build something LESS than the ZR1..... I guarantee less than 10% of camaro owners do any type of twisty road or road course riding....

GM has already built a specialty car "track car", the ZL1....
Here's the deal, Twin. If you're gonna "quote" someone, then use the QUOTE...otherwise you're "interpreting" someone, or "assuming" someone's words mean "whatever" you say they do...and we ALL know what happens when you ASS U ME...

No one here has accused GM/Camaro of a "fail" with regard to the ZL1. Simply (?), GM will do in Oshawa what the Aftermarket has already done HOW MANY TIMES? Put a blower on an LS3, exacerbate the Curb Weight situation, band aid it with MR (ala CTS-V)/forged wheels/sticky rubber, steam roll (hopefully) the GT 500 (600?), and anything coming out of their "crosstown" rivals in Brampton (read: MOPAR).

BUT...and it is a BIG but...they are simply following a tried-and-proven recipe of their own followers (SLP/LPE/Hennessey/Livernois et al), only they have the wherewithall to use the LSA "from the shelf" instead of a "Maggie" via UPS.

And, since FoMoCo had another ace up its sleeve, they arrived at the party with something NOW glaringly missing from the street/road/track by everyone else: a true, honest-to-God, electronics-be-damned, DRIVER'S CAR...the once-great and now-reborn BOSS...with the SAME "mission statement" for the precurser of the BOSS, 'way back when, known as the "Z/28".

I guarantee you Ford doesn't consider it a "waste of time" to create something of value and interest to 4000 people per annum...

And, with an LS7 (or equivalent!) WITHOUT 150+ lb of forced induction sitting over the front wheels, in an "enhanced-FE4" ZL1-derived drivelined Camaro. NOT an assault rifle at a knife fight, but a scalpel at a knife fight. NOT a double-barrelled shotgun, or even a .44 Magnum, at a gunfight, but a Walther PPK...sleek, finessed, a work of art, a joy to hold AND behold...and deadly effective.

Will it do the smokiest burnout? Who cares. Will it out-1/4-mile one and all? Who cares. Will it run sub-8s @ the 'Ring, or outrun on a tight road course every other monster-engined pseudo-sporty car in the Western Hemisphere/World? Interesting question...one it will die trying to accomplish...with finesse, with style, with true driver satisfaction, NOT because the electronics turn Joe Tool into Joe Kewl!

Historical relevance: 1969 saw less than 1,000 COPOs built (two varieties), and roughly 20,000 Big Block SSs. Z/28s? 19,000-and-change. Was a Z/28 the fastest? No. Was it the quickest? No. But, to those 19,000-odd folks, it was a car they WON'T EVER FORGET!

One undeniable truth: If GM can make a 4050 lb Camaro with 575 hp into an "incredible GT", just imagine what 505 hp that rev to the moon, with only 3800 lbs, driven only by talent could be like...

And, if you can't/won't, there's an entire section on this Forum for ZL1 fans/intenders/owners... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85

THIS ain't it...

...and ALL the related ones regarding Z/28...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 07-06-2011 at 03:50 PM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #452
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Here's the deal, Twin. If you're gonna "quote" someone, then use the QUOTE...otherwise you're "interpreting" someone, or "assuming" someone's words mean "whatever" you say they do...and we ALL know what happens when you ASS U ME...

No one hear has accused GM/Camaro of a "fail" with regard to the ZL1. Simply (?), GM will do in Oshawa what the Aftermarket has already done HOW MANY TIMES? Put a blower on an LS3, exacerbate the Curb Weight situation, band aid it with MR (ala CTS-V)/forged wheels/sticky rubber, steam roll (hopefully) the GT 500 (600?), and anything coming out of their "crosstown" rivals in Brampton (read: MOPAR).

BUT...and it is a BIG but...they are simply following a tried-and-proven recipe of their own followers (SLP/LPE/Hennessey/Livernois et al), only they have the wherewithall to use the LSA "from the shelf" instead of a "Maggie" via UPS.

And, since FoMoCo had another ace up its sleeve, they arrived at the party with something NOW glaringly missing from the street/road/track by everyone else: a true, honest-to-God, electronics-be-damned, DRIVER'S CAR...the once-great and now-reborn BOSS...with the SAME "mission statement" for the precurser of the BOSS, 'way back when, known as the "Z/28".

I guarantee you Ford doesn't consider it a "waste of time" to create something of value and interest to 4000 people per annum...

And, with an LS7 (or equivalent!) WITHOUT 150+ lb of forced induction sitting over the front wheels, in an "enhanced-FE4" ZL1-derived drivelined Camaro. NOT an assault rifle at a knife fight, but a scalpel at a knife fight. NOT a double-barrelled shotgun, or even a .44 Magnum, at a gunfight, but a Walther PPK...sleek, finessed, a work of art, a joy to hold AND behold...and deadly effective.

Will it do the smokiest burnout? Who cares. Will it out-1/4-mile one and all? Who cares. Will it run sub-8s @ the 'Ring, or outrun on a tight road course every other monster-engined pseudo-sporty car in the Western Hemisphere/World? Interesting question...one it will die trying to accomplish...with finesse, with style, with true driver satisfaction, NOT because the electronics turn Joe Tool into Joe Kewl!

Historical relevance: 1969 saw less than 1,000 COPOs built (two varieties), and roughly 20,000 Big Block SSs. Z/28s? 19,000-and-change. Was a Z/28 the fastest? No. Was it the quickest? No. But, to those 19,000-odd folks, it was a car they WON'T EVER FORGET!

One undeniable truth: If GM can make a 4050 lb Camaro with 575 hp into an "incredible GT", just imagine what 505 hp that rev to the moon, with only 3800 lbs, driven only by talent could be like...

And, if you can't/won't, there's an entire section on this Forum for ZL1 fans/intenders/owners... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85

THIS ain't it...

my favorite part is in bold
Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #453
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:

No one here has accused GM/Camaro of a "fail" with regard to the ZL1. Simply (?), GM will do in Oshawa what the Aftermarket has already done HOW MANY TIMES? Put a blower on an LS3, exacerbate the Curb Weight situation, band aid it with MR (ala CTS-V)/forged wheels/sticky rubber, steam roll (hopefully) the GT 500 (600?), and anything coming out of their "crosstown" rivals in Brampton (read: MOPAR).

THIS ain't it...

So you are saying I am not quoting someone properly, then you accuse me of me saying you are all saying GM "failed"?

I did quote him properly, and we had a very easy conversation.... we didn't get our panties in a bunch.....

Now give me the specs of this LS7: weight, power, etc.... then give me the specs of the LSA...... what is the weight of the ZL1? I highly doubt there will be a 5th gen camaro tipping the scales at 3800..... that car would have to be stripped completely..... THE BOSS doesn't even do that on the Laguna Seca model, all the do to the interior is back seat delete and ADD cross bracing.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #454
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Now give me the specs of this LS7: weight, power, etc.... then give me the specs of the LSA...... what is the weight of the ZL1? I highly doubt there will be a 5th gen camaro tipping the scales at 3800..... that car would have to be stripped completely..... THE BOSS doesn't even do that on the Laguna Seca model, all the do to the interior is back seat delete and ADD cross bracing.
I asked you to ...

Start with Post # 411...or, better yet, start @ #1...there's a LOT of content, here, including insightful words from Genuine GM folks...as well as myriad threads in the Z/28 Section.

Then, get back to us...

And, as you demonstrated above, use the QUOTE button, as required...

BTW, did you realize that "Thanks Vermilion" was the name of a High Impact paint color from MOPAR, years ago?!

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 07-06-2011 at 06:02 PM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #455
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

THIS ain't it...

To the Mods; this should be quote of the year!!!
Thank you!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #456
TLSTWIN

Quote:
I asked you to ...

Start with Post # 411...or, better yet, start @ #1...there's a LOT of content, here, including insightful words from Genuine GM folks...as well as myriad threads in the Z/28 Section.

Then, get back to us...

And, as you demonstrated above, use the QUOTE button, as required...

BTW, did you realize that "Thanks Vermilion" was the name of a High Impact paint color from MOPAR, years ago?!
No thanks to much babble in posts like yours above

Don't care about the color of a mopar.....

Using " " is the same as hitting the quote button, but not using the space like you asked me too
Old 07-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #457
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The best part of the Camaro5 forum is the passion all the the members bring every day.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #458
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Weeeeeeeee!!!

This is getting fun.

However, since this thread is about a mythical car that we all hope comes to be, there is little benefit in getting testy.

Hmmmmmm, looking forward to driving an FE4 soon.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #459
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Weeeeeeeee!!!

This is getting fun.

However, since this thread is about a mythical car that we all hope comes to be, there is little benefit in getting testy.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #460
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Weeeeeeeee!!!

This is getting fun.

RE: FE4
Will you inform us of your observations?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #461
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I didn't know the Sonic would have a FE4 option
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #462
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
RE: FE4
Will you inform us of your observations?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro