Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Hands free ban.

No phones, text, MP3, GPS, anything. How about factory GPS etc? Hello.............................money grab! Everyone suffers because of the few dipshits that should realize they shouldnt use this stuff while driving. Awesome! Whats next? The one guy that pushed the legislation though was rear ended by someone last a year and "Missed a few rounds of golf because of it" Well I hope the lil fatty doesnt miss anymore. Ontario.............The new stupider version of California.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
The big debate is 2 hands on the wheel. Who the hell after 6 months of driving even does this when theyre not on the phone? I wonder how much tax revenue Lurch Mcguinty will pull in to counterbalance the money he has stolen from Ontario taxpayers already?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
boreas

Drives: 2LT/RS TFE yeah!
I'm against using an electronic device when driving. Texting while driving is just plain stupid... But using a GPS? Aren't those programmed before you go? And hands-free cells should be ok also. Mind you, using hand-held cell phones while driving is illegal in Quebec, but you still get plenty of idiots driving with their cells to their hear. The common point with them is they drive like it's just a secondary thing they're doing while talking on the phone, not the reverse. That one hand holding the phone means no flasher when changing lanes or turning. And usually not looking at the blind spots either...

The two hands should not always be on the wheel, but they should be able to get there quickly in case of need, and that means not using a hand-held device. It's the inclusion of hands-free devices that ridiculous.

Phil
boreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
BC too as of Jan 10.

I say start tommorrow.! I want to spit when I see some one run a red light turn in front of me with a phone squeezed between the shoulder and head, to their ear. ( and a coffee in the other hand)

On star is hands free.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
GPS are allowed as long as they are mounted to the dash somehow.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
boreas

Drives: 2LT/RS TFE yeah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
GPS are allowed as long as they are mounted to the dash somehow.
That makes more sense...

Phil
boreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
As long as GPS and handsfree devices are allowed, then im ok with it.
Better then a person driving while reading a map!
But honestly some people just cant multi task period, not even enough to drive a vehicile which requires multitasking
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
This is probably one of the few recent laws I am in complete support of. I have a friend with an iPhone....he was trying once to install a gps app on his phone while driving and making a call. I was in the passenger seat scared shitless on the highway.

I believe as long as the phone is hands free (ear piece or otherwise) and the GPS is mounted (all the store bought units come with a mount these days) it's fine.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
No phones, text, MP3, GPS, anything. How about factory GPS etc? Hello.............................money grab! Everyone suffers because of the few dipshits that should realize they shouldnt use this stuff while driving. Awesome! Whats next? The one guy that pushed the legislation though was rear ended by someone last a year and "Missed a few rounds of golf because of it" Well I hope the lil fatty doesnt miss anymore. Ontario.............The new stupider version of California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
The big debate is 2 hands on the wheel. Who the hell after 6 months of driving even does this when theyre not on the phone? I wonder how much tax revenue Lurch Mcguinty will pull in to counterbalance the money he has stolen from Ontario taxpayers already?
I think the citizens of this Province/Country should pass legislation against the government for stealing money out of peoples pockets, when it comes to oil prices and gas. The only reason they don't do anything about that is because it's taking money away from them.
Hey Chris, Your buddy Dan Mcteague (a.k.a. gas watchdog) should have his leash cut, and get him out of office. I can be a "watchdog", I can tell you what the price of gas is going to be
Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
I think this law is really stupid. Like I've heard before and I completely agree with it. They already have a law against cell phones, it's called "reckless driving" or "careless driving". Yes the cops should unofficially hone in on the idiot drivers on a cell phone who are not driving properly...THEY SHOULD'VE ALWAYS BEEN DOING THAT!

WHAT A FRICKIN' WASTE OF EVERYBODY'S TIME!

Still I love the handsfree that my Acura and now my Camaro has. I don't even need an annoying headset anymore.
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
BUMBLEBEE_SS

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 S200 56/61 AGP TT
I think this is a good idea. But only at rush hour.

Honestly, if you cant manage at non-rush hour
driving and talking on the phone. you got a problem.
BUMBLEBEE_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:45 AM   #12
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
In 6 - 8 months this law will be standard like everything else we as Canadians have learned to accept. Our issue as a country is we tolerate and justify ultimately giving in and accepting the rules 'forced' upon us.

To clarify.
Hands Free devices are permitted, but this means that should you be caught dialing (paying attentino to anything else other than the road) will most likely result in a fairly major fine.

one of two ways this is going to go.

Think of driving on a phone like driving with illegal tints...

Option A.) Its either going to be the REASON you've been pulled over.
Option B.) Its the 'just-cause' to pull you over even though they have alternative modives such as drugs, alcohol, ect...

On a personal level, I love the BlueTooth feature the Camaro offers, My Iphone is hooked up to it and anytime someone calls bam, hands free through the stereo and everything - What more could you ask for really?

To those of you that are offended by this law, I think you need to go outside and take a breather. Every single person on this board is a car enthusiast of some sort...

When you're out in the car, you enjoying the car -- why spoil it by talking on the phone...

Anyways its 4:45am and I am beat just got in from a terrible show at the theater and Im looking forward to my 3 hours of sleep.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #13
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
my dad got upset and tossed the bluetooth headset bec it kept dropping out his ear and he cant listen properly... so i told him to use a wired headset and hes a little better with that ...

i dont need to use those things when im driving anyways... except for gps on my cellphone ... would that get me in trouble if im holding it while driving?

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
As soon as dumb asses learn to drive again, they can have back all their electronic devices. And yes, I always drive with two hands on the wheel. I'm old school, I actually respect driving a car!