Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2023, 10:18 PM   #1
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Chances of actually getting a factory blade spoiler?

So just picked up a new LT1 and it has an option for a dealer installed blade spoiler and of course it is not on. Sales guy said "it will be in Monday", typical lie from sales. I talked to parts department yesterday morning and he said they are on backorder and the strike that the crybabies had now further delayed everything.

On top of that I have the suede wheel and shifter option but the shifter is the standard leather one, brought that up to the sales and he said they'd order one.. Let's see how that plays out.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:37 AM   #2
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
So just picked up a new LT1 and it has an option for a dealer installed blade spoiler and of course it is not on. Sales guy said "it will be in Monday", typical lie from sales. I talked to parts department yesterday morning and he said they are on backorder and the strike that the crybabies had now further delayed everything.

On top of that I have the suede wheel and shifter option but the shifter is the standard leather one, brought that up to the sales and he said they'd order one.. Let's see how that plays out.
Cry babies..? I’m glad we know how you feel. Grass is always greener on the other side

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:01 AM   #3
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
Crybabies?

Anyway, dealers f-ing suck. Once they have your signature, you're dead to them.

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:38 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
LPO is just another "parts order." Dealerships have no way of actually tracking parts arrival as GM doesn't actually tell them anything meaningful. It will show up when it shows up. Or not.

Call customer service and open a case.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 11:04 AM   #5
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
On an LPO option, you'd think there would be a way for the dealership to get a true update on the status since the part is supposed to be sold with the car. Looking at the Chevrolet Accessories website it looks like they are only available to order right now in Gloss Black, Red, White, and Riverside Blue. At least from what I'm seeing. So if it's supposed to be Satin Black, Carbon Flash Metallic, or matching body color then it may truly be on back order and you just have to wait.

I do agree with the person who said once they have your signature you're dead to them. I'm sure you are going to have to stay on them to make sure you get the parts.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 12:04 PM   #6
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
There should be a sheet in all the paperwork that says you were promised X or they owe you Y as part of the deal. I maybe wouldn't lean on anything else. Things they "promised" you, is what comes to mind in my past deals. Be prepared to not get it and get a check from the dealer instead, worst case.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #7
SuperSnake1972

Drives: 2020 chevrolet camaro 2SS
ebay is all power !
SuperSnake1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 01:12 PM   #8
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
There should be a sheet in all the paperwork that says you were promised X or they owe you Y as part of the deal. I maybe wouldn't lean on anything else. Things they "promised" you, is what comes to mind in my past deals. Be prepared to not get it and get a check from the dealer instead, worst case.

You are correct, usually there should be a we owe sheet for parts like this, dealer has copy and gives you a copy of it.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 07:19 PM   #9
24SS1LE

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I had the same issue on my 23 LT1 with the Satin Blade Spoiler. Dealer ended up using the Color Matched Blade Spoiler after asking me, said the Satin Blade Spoiler was discontinued.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:32 PM   #10
havelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Yeah it is on the We Owe and it is on the window sticker. But yes, because of what has been going on with the strike and backorders I am not so sure if I will get it. If not, yes I will be pursuing the $995 price for the spoiler that listed in the options section + interest.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:33 PM   #11
havelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24SS1LE View Post
I had the same issue on my 23 LT1 with the Satin Blade Spoiler. Dealer ended up using the Color Matched Blade Spoiler after asking me, said the Satin Blade Spoiler was discontinued.
Yeah, I think I saw one of your posts about it. I personally do not want a body color matched one. I'll just get one from eBay, which I had on my two others and they looked fine, for $100