Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Protomanx8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6 ABM
Advice on getting a super charger with my current set up.

I have a 2010 A6 SS , I have done CAI, headers , full exhaust, LS3 Conversion cam and stall converter. My cam is an aggressive cam 229/236 112 . Will a super charger run (whipple) run good with it? Also I have a 3600 Circle D stall converter, will I need to swap stall converters and why?

Thanks!
Protomanx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomanx8 View Post
I have a 2010 A6 SS , I have done CAI, headers , full exhaust, LS3 Conversion cam and stall converter. My cam is an aggressive cam 229/236 112 . Will a super charger run (whipple) run good with it? Also I have a 3600 Circle D stall converter, will I need to swap stall converters and why?

Thanks!
A Whipple will do wonders with your set up, although the cam is not quite right for a supercharger.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236622

I would like to see your cam on a 114-116

Yes your 3600 will become a 4500 converter with a Whipple.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
Protomanx8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6 ABM
Thanks for the advice Ted! Question about the cam what would be the outcome of running of staying with my current cam? Will I lose HP and torq?
Thanks!
Protomanx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomanx8 View Post
Thanks for the advice Ted! Question about the cam what would be the outcome of running of staying with my current cam? Will I lose HP and torq?
Thanks!
Your cam has a lot of Overlap, Overlap is when bolt valves are open at the same time.

At low engine speeds this causes Reversion or Exhaust gases to back up in to the intake manifold.

This can be seen by looking at the intake after it has been run for even a few weeks as the intake runners of the manifold will be black.

When you go from a factory long runner intake to a very short runner intake like the Whipple, the Reversion Gets worse as there is a lot less port velocity to fight reversion.

At wide open throttle you won't see much of a difference, but a little less power and boost as the air and fuel charge will escape the cylinder during overlap.

But low speed driveability will suffer more when switching manifolds.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Your cam has a lot of Overlap, Overlap is when bolt valves are open at the same time.

At low engine speeds this causes Reversion or Exhaust gases to back up in to the intake manifold.

This can be seen by looking at the intake after it has been run for even a few weeks as the intake runners of the manifold will be black.

When you go from a factory long runner intake to a very short runner intake like the Whipple, the Reversion Gets worse as there is a lot less port velocity to fight reversion.

At wide open throttle you won't see much of a difference, but a little less power and boost as the air and fuel charge will escape the cylinder during overlap.

But low speed driveability will suffer more when switching manifolds.

Ted.

Excelent description Ted!!!! The correct profile for the application is so critical.

On your TC, send it in to be tightened up to say 2800 is going to be what you want with a top mount due to the torque it produces at low RPM's.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote