Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
AWS-GTAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss M6
Power train warranty cover oil system?

I got the low oil pressure system light on my bone stock 2010 SS with 20,000 miles. I reved it up a little and the problem went away. But it seemed to happen again after letting the car sit. I'm wondering if the dealer would fix this problem under the 5 year powertrain warranty?

Thanks.
AWS-GTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Yes!!!

Powertrain Coverage

In addition to the 3-year/36,000 mile protection, many of your powertrain components are protected even further with coverage extending to 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Engine
Engine coverage includes all internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, and lines. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (e.g., Active Fuel Management valve, lifter and oil manifold) cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, turbocharger, and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line), as well as the Engine/ Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
I would not start that car up anymore. You don't want the motor starved of oil. Call the dealer and have them tow it in for the repair.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS-GTAW View Post
I got the low oil pressure system light on my bone stock 2010 SS with 20,000 miles. I reved it up a little and the problem went away. But it seemed to happen again after letting the car sit. I'm wondering if the dealer would fix this problem under the 5 year powertrain warranty?

Thanks.
Hello AWS-GTAW,

It is possible that this is a powertrain issue. To know for sure, you need to have your vehicle diagnosed. I can help set that up for you if you have not already done so. I would need your VIN, full name, number, address and involved dealer information if you have one. You can private message me that information.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer care
Old 07-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
SS_wicked_z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
im having this same problem with my 12 SS right now..im takibg it to the dealership tonight or tomorrow. mine has just under 26k miles with cat-back
SS_wicked_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote