Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Disco

Drives: Not Available yet
GM Allocations and Ordeing @&*#*$#!!!

What the heck! Is anyone getting as frustrated with this whole ordering, allocation and ill informed dealer fiasco?

#1 Why does any dealer need a allocation? The customer wants a car, the customer orders the car, GM builds the car and ships it to the dealer.

#2 Dealers are......... ok I'm not going there!....SERENITY NOW!

Some of you may have some of my previous post and know what goin on with my order's, but if not......here we go

Back in July of 2011 I had found a dealer in Garden Grove, CA that stated they will get 1 allocation and with a 1000 down I would be first on the order list @ MSRP. As of 2 weeks ago the dealer was bought out by another GM dealership. Anyhow, my salesman is no longer there and got set up with another ill informed salesman. Now I'm told as a new dealer they MIGHT get an allocation and he stated that production on the ZL1 was not until MARCH. Ouch...what da? ( 2500 above MSRP )
I told them enough is enough and I will be in to get my deposit back.

But to play is safe I was able to order a ZL1 from another dealer @ MSRP who had used 2 of there allocations and said that they where getting 1 or 2 more. So I keep in touch with Beck once a week and check the stats on that order.

I guess the big thing is the whole allocation crap. I just want to buy a ZL1.
2050 01/24/12

Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The process sucks and it,s the same thing we went through when the 5th Gen was first released.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I laugh at these threads. It is what it is. Order your car. Wait and relax. It will come. You're not alone. We've all been there. The next Camaro or Corvette I order from Chevrolet I'm sure it will be the same thing all over again.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
dimitri

Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
always remember dealers of different brands dont have a choice they have to sell the cars they get....because if they dont they will take your franchise away.
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I hate this process as well. It is all set up to reward high selling dealers more than get a customer on a sold order a car.

I think all sold orders should be FIFO.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
I hate this process as well. It is all set up to reward high selling dealers more than get a customer on a sold order a car.

I think all sold orders should be FIFO.

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I don't have much time to post this evening - (too many sites to visit)

I've posted many times trying to explain WHY Allocation is mandated. All manufacturers must have an allocation plan in place that's defensible in court - all of them. (ask the Honda guys who went to jail)

it's the law.

Every post from 2 on is incorrect in one way or another.

YOUR DEALER wants the allocation as much as you do.......but let me remind you of something.....we have not yet begun retail production so it's impossible to allocate every sold order........

Someone may want to dig up my remarks from the past - if not I'll get to this eventually -
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I don't have much time to post this evening - (too many sites to visit)

I've posted many times trying to explain WHY Allocation is mandated. All manufacturers must have an allocation plan in place that's defensible in court - all of them. (ask the Honda guys who went to jail)

it's the law.

Every post from 2 on is incorrect in one way or another.

YOUR DEALER wants the allocation as much as you do.......but let me remind you of something.....we have not yet begun retail production so it's impossible to allocate every sold order........

Someone may want to dig up my remarks from the past - if not I'll get to this eventually -

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
If I may. I'm not trying to be rude here, but kicking ones can down the C5 street, in a disgruntaled, unfactual manner with baseless commentary serves no logical purpose. This topic as Scott mentioned has been covered before about dealer allocations. It would best serve all those who are members on the board to do some research on any topics that you don't fully understand before you post or follow the leader of such outlandish posts such as this and make comments that are unfactual and potentially hurtfull. It's not right.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
If I may. I'm not trying to be rude here, but kicking ones can down the C5 street, in a disgruntaled, unfactual manner with baseless commentary serves no logical purpose. This topic as Scott mentioned has been covered before about dealer allocations. It would best serve all those who are members on the board to do some research on any topics that you don't fully understand before you post or follow the leader of such outlandish posts such as this and make comments that are unfactual and potentially hurtfull. It's not right.

Most of us are well aware that the allocation system was devised by the auto industry, to fulfill the requirements of federal franchise law.

Sometimes we still enjoy venting and expressing our opinions and thoughts on a particular subject.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Most of us are well aware that the allocation system was devised by the auto industry, to fulfill the requirements of federal franchise law.

Sometimes we still enjoy venting and expressing our opinions and thoughts on a particular subject.
"Venting" is not an appropriate method to express ones thoughts or ideas. Think before you< you being a collective, general term> write, ponder what are the definitions of the words you chose, what connotations are assciated with the language you use. What is the tone of the dialogue. Think, interact, grow....too much dialogue is tossed around here carelessly without critical thought given of the literall interpretation of the written language. It's an abomination. I'm playing nice tonight if you didn't notice<I'm sure the Mod's will...>.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #12
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I can think of no legal basis for not having a FIFO system but I am not a lawyer. I have worked at places that manufacture both ways. Both ways stood up in court at those places. you have a order entry structure, that drives a workorder structure. how you preferece those workorders is up to company policy and I know of no reason FIFO can not work.

I will have to research this. If GM does not want FIFO you won't have it though. they can spin any reason they want. These are not the droids you looking for basically.

Last place I worked all aircraft OEM's got preferenced over general avaition orders. That did not make private pilots happy though. our comany policy was not to say "your not as important to us as Boeing". You would make up som BS.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #13
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post

I really don't know why, when or how the allocation system was devised. I do remember some of the Honda issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.theautochannel.com/news/date/19971231/news008868.html
Hendrick was named with 22 other defendants who have been convicted in the investigation of American Honda.

The scandal started in the 80s as Hondas were in high demand. Dealers could sell the cars for thousands of dollars above the sticker cost. Executives at Honda took advantage of the high demand by soliciting bribes from dealers. Dealers were granted new dealerships and increased shipments of cars. In all, Honda executives accepted of $15 million in bribes and kickbacks, according to the prosecutors.

Hendrick's name appeared on the prosecutor's list three years ago. Hendrick admitted giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, BMWs and even houses to Honda executives. Hendrick claims he received nothing in return.

Hendrick was indicted in December 1996, by a federal grand jury in Asheville for bribing Honda executives.
I do know I come here for information and to learn how these things work. It is with this information, and knowlege I placed my order. I know issues before my dealer called to inform me. I worked within the system, I am at 2000, and can't wait to take delivery. A great deal of the knowlege I have gained here are through Scott's posts, as well as other knowlegable sources here. It is like having inside information. Just my .02 IMHO
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Because it is the law... doesn’t make it right... meaning... the letter of the law and the sprit of the law... the letter is to keep the dishonest; honest.... the honest are already within the spirit...... I’m just an honest hard working American, and I want to spend my hard working money on good American products. But when an American company tells me, I can’t order a car because I don’t have an allocation to sell it to you, you have to go to the next town to order one, then when I go to the next town to order one they tell me we can sell it to you but you have to pay $5000 extra than the MSRP…. Well that seems pretty simple to me that I have two options….

1. Pay the extra $5000 or
2. Find another brand that will satisfy me for what I’m seeking

If it’s the law and it’s your product your trying to move and it’s not moving the way you think it should fix it… don’t point fingers, give excuses… fix it, stand up, and be accountable for your actions… give the dealers there allocations, and give the consumer an option to order from anyone they want…. See this is 2011, internet resources are going to change and shape business practices, either adapt or fail….. we the consumer no longer left in the dark, or dumb to the tactics that are being done… if I ran a honest company, and you sold my product, and I found out you were unethical or using unfair business practices I would not want you to sell my product, I want you to get customers for life, not a onetime sell, because when you treat and sell that Dad a car, he will come back for another for his wife, another for his son, another for his daughter…. Which in the end is better business for everyone….

Now before the flame from those that disagree… I love my Camaro, I went to my local small town dealer, and he was honest and told me he had no allocation, but he has been doing business for 55 years and he was sure he could contact some of his dealer associates and get me a ZL1, so I put a deposit down he gave me an order number and now I wait…. Why? Because he looked me in the eye, and gave me a firm handshake that was genuine. He wanted no markup, just he believed in the Chevrolet product, and he was passionate about selling me one…. That’s what it’s about……

I drive a 2010 Camaro, my two sons drive Impalas, and my youngest is about to get his first vehicle… guess where I’m leaning….. If you don’t know then figure it out… If GM doesn’t get it… then another bail out might be in order in the near future…. Fix it… dealerships are great, but consumers pay the bill in the end…. Fix it….. if you know it’s wrong… Fix it… don’t make excuses… When any of your dealerships tell me they don’t want my business because the don’t have an allocation…. What do you want me to do…. Really? Set the Standard, don't be like every other manufacture...... Fix It

OK… that’s my vent….

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote