Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #43
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
most 16 and 17 year olds here myself included arnt gettin the camaro right as it comes out. im waiting till 18 to buy the V6 camaro.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #44
bryankuro

Drives: 2007 Hyundai Sonata
Ill be 21 next month and the only thing stopping me from getting it the day it comes out is HUD...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #45
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryankuro View Post
seriously quit knocking people what if theyre 16 doesnt mean they are any less an enthusiest than you or anyone else for that matter. And on another note i will also be at SEMA and ill post pics.
Being an enthusiast and being a responsible driver are two different things. Anything with an LS3 in it is a lot of car, even more so for a new driver. If the kid getting the car doesn't realize that, then we've got problems. I have no problem with the 16 year old that goes "Yes, the SS is lot of car for my diminutive driving experience and I'm going to try and respect it."

The 16 year old that goes "I'm 16 and I'm getting an SS! What's the big deal?"..........

19 year old in a new M3. The new M3 is easier to drive, handles better, and makes less power. And a 19 year old has had more road experience than a 16 year old. Perhaps not better judgment.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 AM   #46
MEENGREENGTP
FLAWLESS PRODUCTIONS LLC.

Drives: Grand Prix GTP Comp G

HUD isnt all its cracked up to be.. after a while u forget its there.. i have one in the gtp, who cares.. im getting this thing NOW. im done waiting

Last edited by MEENGREENGTP; 10-14-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: didnt read another post.. lol..
MEENGREENGTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 AM   #47
Wanna5
GM Performance

Drives: A few
Send a message via AIM to Wanna5 Send a message via Yahoo to Wanna5
Not all 16 year olds are irresponsible. Back in the day I had quite a few high HP cars between the ages of 16-18. I was a pretty responsible kid, unlike a lot of them that age. That being said, I wouldn't get any of my kids an SS no matter how responsible they were or what kind of grades they made. IMHO it's way too easy to get in trouble with that much HP.

Heck, I'd be as excited as he is if I were that age and getting an SS.
Wanna5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #48
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Is that white ball shifter the Hurst that's available for dealer-install? If so, I don't think that would look too good in a black interior... I'd prefer a black or dark gray knob.
How about an 8-ball? That is what is planned for mine. And if they happen to use the same threads as the 4th gen, I already have it drilled out and tapped!

No question I will get the shifter.

sorry: just finished the whole thread...I was just so excited

Regarding the shifter...If you are getting a manual, you have to have the Hurst. Who ever said the 4th gen was a joke, they are dead wrong....it was MUCH WORSE! I will caution you though. I could have gotten the SLP Hurst, or the GM Perf. parts hurst...I went with the cheaper one and guess what, I got a cheaper one. The GM one didn't fit in the car and actually broke the console. I couldn't get it in reverse. The next day I put the factory back in and ordered the SLP one. It was P-E-R-F-E-C-T! When I sold the car I took the shifter out and put the factory back in and drove it a couple of days. It felt like I was on one of those excersize row machines.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #49
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I love the rear bumper on the last picture... it looks sick. Thats part of the ground effects kit right?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #50
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
sidepipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Being an enthusiast and being a responsible driver are two different things. Anything with an LS3 in it is a lot of car, even more so for a new driver. If the kid getting the car doesn't realize that, then we've got problems. I have no problem with the 16 year old that goes "Yes, the SS is lot of car for my diminutive driving experience and I'm going to try and respect it."

The 16 year old that goes "I'm 16 and I'm getting an SS! What's the big deal?"..........

19 year old in a new M3. The new M3 is easier to drive, handles better, and makes less power. And a 19 year old has had more road experience than a 16 year old. Perhaps not better judgment.
:upset:
Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #51
bourq100
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 08 Tahoe 26's/10 2SSRS LS3 SIM
gross!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
That is not a pretty tailend any more .. LOL ..what were they thinking ..

Crowley
I agree extremely ugly... reminds me of a pontiac grand prix... why does gm think that a car looks better as you glue more plastic to it!!!
bourq100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #52
linnz28

Drives: '07 SBO Avalanche
hello all! long time lurker, first time poster. enjoyed the videos especially the road and track one that mentioned a 450hp supercharged z28!
linnz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #53
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Hurst Shifter

I have tried to search for photos, and I found one picture (in production) that shows a white ball BUT in thescreen saver I downloaded there is a picture of a Metal shifter that looks absolutely amazing...

does anyone know if that is what it will look like?

or maybe a better question what shifter is that in the screensaver??

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
aka aVOL2 (because I ride a VOLusia Too)
avol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #54
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
So whose gonna be there????
If all goes well, we might have a special surprise for everyone!

*saying prayers*
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #55
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Holy snap i love suprises Tag!! Tell me Tell me Tell me haha
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #56
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Is anyone officially representing Camaro 5 there? (you guys have an LLC or anything to get you tickets in?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Holy snap i love suprises Tag!! Tell me Tell me Tell me haha
Well. Like I said, just prayers right now. Only time will tell.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote