Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
There are a couple of young state troopers that run the same route my mom takes to work in her Acura TL-S they asked her to race one time and she did right up to the speed limit, now every time she sees them they rev it up for her or play with her. Some cops just like having fun I guess!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #16
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
If they asked you to race, you might be able to get out based on entrapment?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #17
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
Come on guys, the officer was just trying to break the ice and talk about the car. Give him a break....
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #18
Big Al

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, V-8
I'm a cop and I joke with people all the time. We are human beings as well. It is pretty obvious that the cop was just joking and making conversation. For those of you that want to be immediately judgemental about cops, check out the attached link of one of my fellow Houston Police Officers and brother that died in the line of duty today. He was responding to assist another Officer call last night, lost contol, and flipped his car. He died hours later. This all happened as most of us slept soundly. The Officer leaves behind a wife (Houston Police Cadet and a 3 year old son). Not a lecture, but please don't forget that we are the good guys. If you want to see how good folks respond to the post about the Officer, check out my facebook (add me on at my email a.giraldo007@yahoo.com) or Houston Police Department under facebook. Thanks for hearing me out. It's been a terrible day for us. :( God bless y'all and have a goodnight. Here is the link http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=7449569
Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #19
Inferno Man

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
I'm a cop and I joke with people all the time. We are human beings as well. It is pretty obvious that the cop was just joking and making conversation. For those of you that want to be immediately judgemental about cops, check out the attached link of one of my fellow Houston Police Officers and brother that died in the line of duty today. He was responding to assist another Officer call last night, lost contol, and flipped his car. He died hours later. This all happened as most of us slept soundly. The Officer leaves behind a wife (Houston Police Cadet and a 3 year old son). Not a lecture, but please don't forget that we are the good guys. If you want to see how good folks respond to the post about the Officer, check out my facebook (add me on at my email a.giraldo007@yahoo.com) or Houston Police Department under facebook. Thanks for hearing me out. It's been a terrible day for us. :( God bless y'all and have a goodnight. Here is the link http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=7449569
Thank you and Be Safe........

2000 4/21/2010
3000 4/28/2010 TPW 5/10/2010
3300 5/5/2010
3400 5/10/2010
3800 5/11/2010
HOME 5/28/2010!!!!!
Inferno Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #20
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
ahh you got out of a trap real well
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:08 AM   #21
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
i would have raced him....even if it a trap !
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #22
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Hmmm, maybe 15-20 years ago or so in my old Trans Am, an unmarked car and I decided to stretch our legs a little. I knew what he was, but his smile was all I really needed to know about him! So we ran for I don't know how many miles, until I got to my exit in Madera. At which point as he came around me from behind, we shot each other a Look, Grin, and a Nod...and each went on our way. Him, to wherever he was going...me, to the card room where I knocked the game over pretty good!!! AND in case anybody is going to have a conniption fit about this story, let's just say it was all hypothetical
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #23
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Reading these threads I start to believe that a lot of people have some seriously cynical outlooks on life.

Cute story
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #24
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Really sad bud, been all over the news. RIP and condolences to his loved ones.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #25
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010IBMSS View Post
Come on guys, the officer was just trying to break the ice and talk about the car. Give him a break....
+1
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #26
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Nothing would have happened in court. Entrapment, a cop can't try and entice you into doing something illegal.
Incorrect, otherwise they wouldn't dress up as prostitutes....entrapment doesn't cover enticing to drag race.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #27
CamaroSoldier

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
what a shitty thing to say.

anyway, the cop was probably a car guy and was just JOKING. It was probably his way of striking up a conversation with you.

lighten up people. cops are NOT the bad guys !!!!

jesus !!!!
I know Jesus

+1
CamaroSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #28
CamaroDude
Look Ma Im A Music Artist

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
what a shitty thing to say.

anyway, the cop was probably a car guy and was just JOKING. It was probably his way of striking up a conversation with you.

lighten up people. cops are NOT the bad guys !!!!

jesus !!!!
THANK-YOU!!!!!! ATLEAST SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND!!!
CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote