Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
East Bay Crew!!! Check In!!!

hey guys, thought we should have a check in section for the E.Bay crew especially for upcomming meets such as the 25 Feb Treasure Island meet, i know there are a few of us that are planning on meeting up a Buffalow Wild Wings at 0830 but lets make sure that everyone checks in so we dont leave any one behind...

also this section can be useful if you are in the area and need help with some mech stuff, like mods or upgrades, or just wanna chill and meet up and grab an age appropriate beverage, lol
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Signed
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
Checking in. I'll be meeting up with you guys in Dublin tomorrow. Also I like the whole helping eachother with mods idea. My gf got me a heritage grill for Xmas but I have yet to install it. The dealership charges me about 150 for installing and that seems a bit too high. So does anyone have experience installing a heritage grill and would like to lend a helping hand?
SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Falundir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Los View Post
Checking in. I'll be meeting up with you guys in Dublin tomorrow. Also I like the whole helping eachother with mods idea. My gf got me a heritage grill for Xmas but I have yet to install it. The dealership charges me about 150 for installing and that seems a bit too high. So does anyone have experience installing a heritage grill and would like to lend a helping hand?
I don't have experience, however it should be as simple as removing the front facia (easy), and unscrewing the old, and tossing the new in it's place.

Grab some beers and throw out an address and we can get it knocked out pretty easy.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
i am not in the east bay but i have taken my front end off about 3 or 4 times. it is not that hard i am able to help if i am free one day. hardest part is just removing the stock grill. let me know if you need any more help
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
SS_Los

Awesome thanks guys. Ill look over my schedule and see what's a good time frame. I also need to order a part for the bowtie as I'm wanting to transfer it to the heritage grill. And yes I'll provide the beer. Any preference? Lol
Old 02-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Quote:
Awesome thanks guys. Ill look over my schedule and see what's a good time frame. I also need to order a part for the bowtie as I'm wanting to transfer it to the heritage grill. And yes I'll provide the beer. Any preference? Lol
i dont drink but you dont need a landing pad if you dont want. it help and makes it alot easier but there is a way to mount it without it.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
SS_Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
i dont drink but you dont need a landing pad if you dont want. it help and makes it alot easier but there is a way to mount it without it.
Yeah the landing pad seems a little bulky to me. I remember seeing a vendor that sold tabs to hook the factory bowtie to the grill. Gotta search for it. And as for a location place I live in Hayward and my gf's parents live in Fremont so we can use that place as well. Or whatever is more convenient. I just don't want to spend the 150 that I can use on something else.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
Newold memories

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
I have done it and i can honestly say if you read the instructions carefully, have a few basic hand tools, it is very easy. Like another poster said, wrestling the old grille out is definitiely the hardest part.
2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3: K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Lowering Kit, Heritage Grill, Ceramic Tint, GM Performance Borla Exhaust, Hertz/Arc Audio Sound System, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Rennen C-10 Wheels (20x9 w/ 275/40/20 front & 20x10.5 w/ 295/40/20 rear Continental DSW Extreme contact tires) Hurst Short Throw Shifter.

Visit us @ WWW.Facebook.com/SacramentoValleyCamaros
Newold memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
ok so for BWW meet tomorrow we have me, falundir and SS los, anyone else?
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
What dyno shop do you guys recommend? I need to get the AFM tuned out it drives me crazy. I deleted my resonators and mufflers and installed the Magnaflow resonated X-pipe and when the AFM kicks in it sounds like crap. Who around our area knows our cars and you trust? Thanks
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelSS View Post
What dyno shop do you guys recommend? I need to get the AFM tuned out it drives me crazy. I deleted my resonators and mufflers and installed the Magnaflow resonated X-pipe and when the AFM kicks in it sounds like crap. Who around our area knows our cars and you trust? Thanks
There actually aren't any tuners around here that are good. In the area, there is

GDP (Hayward)
Synergy (Hayward)
Newtech (Hayward)
Blu808 (Campbell)

STAY AWAY FROM GDP AT ALL COSTS!!! The guy tunes as his 'hobby' and is only open a couple days a week with hours like 5p-8p. He def gave me the run around when I was trying to get my car tuned by him. He ended up saying he need it for almost 2 weeks, but only was going to take 4 days to tune. He ended up pushing the car out of his shop in the rain and had to get it towed out of there. Steer clear of GDP for sure.

Synergy is alright. Rick knows his stuff and tunes a lot of corvettes and 4th gen camaros. You might want to look into him. Although he does come off as 'I know what I'm doing so do give me any input.'

Newtech is another one to stay away from. They originally tuned my car when it was supercharged and my AFR was at a dangerous level. I've also heard from other people who have been there that he just preloads tunes from previous car onto the car and leaves it. Not good at all...

One person that I would highly recommend contacting is Luke at Blu808, in Campbell. I believe he is the only competent tuner in the area. He's been tuning my twin turbo setup on the street and on the dyno. He knows what he's doing and will answer any questions or concerns you have!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Falundir

As Josh mentioned, try Luke at Blu808 and mention you are from the forums and were referred or he might say no. He usually only does tuning for cars he builds.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Thanks guys, i will check them out.
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote