Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Blackone

Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Forum meeting in Germany - camaro2010.de - 4 movies

Hi all,

Last weekend we had our annual Forum meeting.
This year it took place in Wuppertal / Germany.

Have fun watching the movies!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Awesome, but I have long wondered how you get the TÜV to approve of your modifications?

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Blackone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
Awesome, but I have long wondered how you get the TÜV to approve of your modifications?
...no problem with the appropriate appraisals

Da du aus Stuttgart kommst nun auf deutsch:...mit Gutachten werden Teile beim TÜV eingetragen!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Prima! I love seeing your cars and the different appearance mods.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Blackone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
Prima! I love seeing your cars and the different appearance mods.
There are really very beautiful Camaros represented to us!

really .... it's got heart, blood in the work.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
Blackone

Old 09-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
SlickP

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Long lives the CAMARO!!
SlickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
99SSragtop

Drives: SS
Scarface was different......
Road block lmao good job
99SSragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Dalefj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
Great looking cars! Awesome to see how popular the Camaro is on the other side of the pond, but I was hoping for some top speed Autobahn runs. Also I love the ZR1 style hood btw.
Dalefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
Well.. let's put some words around the videos and pictures soon to follow!

This was our 5th Camaro2010.de fest held in Wuppertal in the southern part of the "Ruhrpott" - one of the busiest and most crowded areas right in the heart of Germany.

Starting with what must have been the smallest forum meet ever with 5 cars (4?) back in 2010 we're organizing annual meets similar to what guys are doing, just a "tiny bit" smaller....
First meet:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85570

The first "big" meet back in August 2010 was already counting 25+ camaros - see below thread for details:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100820

To bridge the time until the 2011 Fest, we decided to take part at Luis Chevrolet 100th Birthday held in Switzerland:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154502

The next official meet in 2011 was already counting 60+ Camaros and was starting to become one hell of an event!!! (No thread for this unfortunately...)

With a peak of 85+ Camaros during this years meet in Wuppertal, it became clear that the community over here in Germany/Europe is what you could call a big family, sharing the enthusiasm for a car that still is one of those rare exotics - not often seen on Germanys (Europes) roads!

We're growing, slowly but gradually, supported by the fact that the Camaro is now officially sold in Europe! The amazing thing to see is how friendships amongst the members have developed over the time. Germany/Switzerland/Austria has become quite a small place given all the events taking place near and far...

Anyway - Wuppertal it was this time!
3 days, 85+ cars, 150+ friends, one Hotel, one hell of a place to hold such an event!

The traffic in this area is huge at any time, so obviously if a convoi of 85 cars sets off for a cruise in Wuppertal something's gotta give... Admittedly some spontaneous roadblocks were needed to keep the cars together but overall things ran smooth enough to not leave the city in a complete chaos! However we needed 2 "test cruises" to restaurants nearby on day 1 & 2 to figure out how this is done the best...

Saturday, we've organized a 120mile cruise through the countryside south to the Ruhrpott - hopefully a lot of pics and videos will be provided later. Surprisingly this cruise went as smooth as silk. Most amazing thing was to realize that in this area of Germany the camaro was not often spotted before. Difficult to describe the faces of bystanders looking at a 30.000hp centipede roaring along... priceless to say the least!!!!

Best bit of the meet - for me at least - was the time spent on the parking lot in front of the hotel. Seeing old friends again, making new friends amongst the new members, discussing the latest mods and at the end partying through the night - this is what makes this community special!!!

Unfortunately fate struck hard upon a couple of members... 2 clutches went out, 1 harmonic balancer simply exploded and a fender-bender was on the list of things that shouldn't have happened and put the local motor club (ADAC) on the agenda....

More to stories to come later on together with pics&vids of the best event we had to date

Thanks to everybody taking part at this year's fest - you guys rock
Thanks to C5 as well, although thousands of miles away, I can feel we're sharing the same sort of love - our cars and the community
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Ich verbrachte acht Jahre in Deutschland, als ich in der US-Armee war in Heidelberg und vermisse es. Ich komme rüber März für zwei Wochen

Sieht aus wie Ihre camaro Club Spaß, würde gerne die Autobahn bei Höchstgeschwindigkeit getroffen
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
I guess vet1 is not coming with you, is it?

You have to let me know about you're plans next year - I'd be more than happy to meet you in person

I just hope I'll get my car back out of the shop in time to give you a ride on the AB and meet some of the folks around Heidleberg
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Next time DO invite me... I'm in Luxemburg since a few weeks...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
I guess vet1 is not coming with you, is it?

You have to let me know about you're plans next year - I'd be more than happy to meet you in person

I just hope I'll get my car back out of the shop in time to give you a ride on the AB and meet some of the folks around Heidleberg

Die Pläne sind in den Werken mit dem USO zum Projekt "Freiheitskämpfer" nach Europa zu bringen, um verschiedene US-Militärbasen zu besuchen

Einzelheiten werden nach dem neuen Jahr abgeschlossen werden
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote