Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
I think the pre orders should have been built to begin with... But I guess they are trying to get in the pre orders and some for the dealers lots too... They need them out on the lots because they know they already have the pre orders sold but they aren't building them just for the people that pre ordered... They need to get these cars on the ground ASAP and as far as I can tell they are trying to get them out there.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #16
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Hell ya...my 3400 on hold since 23 03 09.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
The problem is that a lot of dealers did not do the preorder thing. Now they are getting allocations and folks coming in off the street are getting the slot. And that slot is right now....Many of the pre-orders are say #7 of 10 and that slot is not on the dealers allocation report yet to even place it and get it into they system. So even if GM wanted to focus on the preorders the system in place is so screwed up that they cant push the preorders thru. There is a ton of folks that ordered in October still at 1100 and GM has not even sent them thru pass one yet. It is bogus but that is the way its happening. I just get frustrated when someone walks in the door and two days later is already moved to 3000. But I am sure some others are frustrated cause mine has moved and I ordered two months after they did. I did have a better understanding in December how the priority number system worked which most in October did not. I do wish that it was a first in first out system but it was not set up that way.
If a dealership has unsold allotment due to not participating in the pre-order activity then sells to a walk-in, "THE LINE STARTS BACK THERE PAL".
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
The problem is that a lot of dealers did not do the preorder thing. Now they are getting allocations and folks coming in off the street are getting the slot. And that slot is right now....Many of the pre-orders are say #7 of 10 and that slot is not on the dealers allocation report yet to even place it and get it into they system. So even if GM wanted to focus on the preorders the system in place is so screwed up that they cant push the preorders thru. There is a ton of folks that ordered in October still at 1100 and GM has not even sent them thru pass one yet. It is bogus but that is the way its happening. I just get frustrated when someone walks in the door and two days later is already moved to 3000. But I am sure some others are frustrated cause mine has moved and I ordered two months after they did. I did have a better understanding in December how the priority number system worked which most in October did not. I do wish that it was a first in first out system but it was not set up that way.
I'm sure they could give allocation only to dealers that have R6P orders in the system. So instead of giving a dealer 2 allocations for the next month, they might get 4.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
, "THE LINE STARTS BACK THERE PAL".
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Dealers are just selling the v6 lot cars their getting right away. I think they should have built the R6P cars first anyway.

So I DAMN sure agree with Hylton.

People are going to walk onto a lot and buy SSs before some others get theirs who ordered 6 freakin months ago.

What makes me angry is that there will be people who didn't even KNOW about this car until a week ago who will get one.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
i think the reasn the Gm doesnt care is the fact that since you are already ordered your not going too back out and if you do what percentage of the 14K that ordered will back out? they are trying to sell the cars to the others out there.

the preordered cars are as good as sold. now its time to make up for those who didnt order before and to get others to buy thier product...

i agree though, i ordered late, but they should build all the ones that were ordered before me.....my dealer said my order will be placed tomorrow, but they didnt have a bunch of preorders
Old 04-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #22
Tecca

Drives: ...
Although I just ordered mine earlier this month, I do think they should be made in the order they were placed. I do think they should not build any rental cars, dealer cars or lot cars until all pre-orders and orders are met up until the May 6th unveiling.

Although I wouldn't mind if I got pushed up to the front of the pack
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #23
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Dealers are just selling the v6 lot cars their getting right away.
I can understand dealers selling one after a buyer balked but there is just way too much activity out there on the car websites for your point not to be the case.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #24
CharlieNubz
Nubz SS/RS

Drives: NADINE 2010 SS/RS 24551
GM should be building Camaros' for those pre-orders so they are on the street with their owners before the middle of summer gets here. There is more than one way to skin a Mustang, so there should be a way for GM to push the pre-orders through. For those that have been waiting a lot longer than I have, I hope GM gets this worked out and get this sweet car out to you first and for most...

Ordered: 3/19/09
RJT/SS/RS/AT/BLK HKY STRP/20" MS Wheels......

CharlieNubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Dealers are just selling the v6 lot cars their getting right away. I think they should have built the R6P cars first anyway.

So I DAMN sure agree with Hylton.

People are going to walk onto a lot and buy SSs before some others get theirs who ordered 6 freakin months ago.

What makes me angry is that there will be people who didn't even KNOW about this car until a week ago who will get one.
I agree 110%. The only silver lining in the clouds for me is that I'm hoping my 6+ month wait won't be wasted, i.e., I'm hoping most if not all the little issues that the early VINs have will get ironed out before I finally get mine. When mine comes, there should be very few issues, if any. There should be no weights on the brakes, no squeaking of the A pillars over rough roads (if that is indeed a common issue), no faulty battery cable installation that cause the car to shut down due to an electrical issue, etc.

Sure, there are gonna be issues with the 1st run of this car but the longer it takes for me to get mine, hopefully, the more issues are resolved before I take delivery.

Will I be excited when my car gets here, absolutely. Will I ever "pre-order" like this again? Absolutely NOT!!!

Last edited by Edrock; 04-29-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #26
dodson914

Drives: 2008 2500 HD; 2008 G8 GT #199
Depends, does ordering on 3/31/09 count?

JK I agree with the majority y'all. They should be getting the pre-orders completed.
dodson914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #27
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
Yep.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #28
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Amen, lets get the pre-orders worked on now.

I don't want to win Hylton's hat!!!!!!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote