Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #8079
NO2SNO

Drives: 2012 1LT Convertible FUN in the SUN
NEXT MOD DAY

I have a set of new black projector headlights with Halos, HID Kit and new smoked fog lights. I know I need to take off my front bumper to get the new lights on. This is way out of my comfort zone to do alone. Plus, hooking up the wiring makes my eyes glaze over.

Yes, if you think I'm helpless ............ it's true. But, I could let drive around in a beautiful convertible for an afternoon with new Halos! Plus, I make a mean fresh homemade salsa.

Alright, I'm done crying like a six year old. Just let me know when.

ME!
NO2SNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #8080
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Hmmmm. After looking at the refreshed Camaro, I kinda dig the taillights. I wouldn't have wrapped them around the rear quarter. I would have preferred that they stop just beyond the decklid but it's not bad.

Like the hood, excellent. Front end, eh, looks alright. I feel indifferent, really.

Now, those Z-28 wheels. Yeesh. I think they're dreadful but that's just me.

Back in the day, most cars had some thing changing every year. Taillights, grills, etc. Today's cars go five years and sometimes with such small changes you have to really look hard to see the difference.

Most of the time it's in the interior.

But I like the taillights. I also like the taillights on mine.

As far as the Z-28, glad to see the moniker come back. But those wheels... Fortunately there's an aftermarket.

I agree with gotroost. Mod the one you have. That way you can build your car the way you see fit.

I wish we'd gotten the euro tailights in the refresh...I like those...The one's we got instead look pulled from an old Integra or something.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #8081
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
What she wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
She wants the Z28..

....but that is more money than the ZL1.............stay tuned...........
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #8082
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
They are showing Bondurant on Speed channel right now.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #8083
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Had Ryan detail (clay, polish, paint seal) my car after I saw what a great job he did on Troy's. WOW! Definitely worth it - it shines!
Attached Images

Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #8084
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Lola

Lola looks terrific!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #8085
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
Had Ryan detail (clay, polish, paint seal) my car after I saw what a great job he did on Troy's. WOW! Definitely worth it - it shines!
Looks Awesome!
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #8086
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
Wow, look at those reflections!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #8087
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
Gotroost motivated me to call Bondurant today. I'm checking on dates for sometime in May to do a Group Event. We need 8 to 10 drivers and we would plan to use the Bondurant Camaro's which come in stick or automatic. The cost is approximately $99 / event / person (seriously, it's $99). The three events that were highly recommended are:
  • Skid Control
  • Team Slalom
  • Lead & Follow
We can pick any event and the total number of events. Checkout their website at:

http://www.bondurant.com/courses/per...ing-experience.

If interested, please let me know, it would be a blast to plan a mini-track day.
I'm guessing that is around $300 for all three events. Check out www.nasaaz.com. They will be at Bondurant West 13-14 April and at Inde Motorsports in Wilcox 4-5 May. I am definitely going to the Inde event, but may only go on Saturday. If you are new to the track, the HPDE 1 group is excellent. Classroom all day between track sessions and an in-car instructor. They run a tight ship and passing is only on the main straight when the car in front waives you by. In HPDE 1, they supply lunch and numbers. I took the classes twice just because there is so much to learn. I am now signed off for the HPDE 3 class, but still run with the HPDE 2 group since I feel that I still have more to learn before going with the faster drivers. Definitely have more car than driver. Let me know if anyone is coming out to Inde in May. It is free for spectators.

Last edited by gotroost; 04-01-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #8088
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
....but that is more money than the ZL1.............stay tuned...........
I can't keep up with you two!

ZL1!
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #8089
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
Check your calendars for Saturday, May 4, 2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
Gotroost motivated me to call Bondurant today. I'm checking on dates for sometime in May to do a Group Event. We need 8 to 10 drivers and we would plan to use the Bondurant Camaro's which come in stick or automatic. The cost is approximately $99 / event / person (seriously, it's $99). The three events that were highly recommended are:
  • Skid Control
  • Team Slalom
  • Lead & Follow
We can pick any event and the total number of events. Checkout their website at:

http://www.bondurant.com/courses/per...ing-experience.

If interested, please let me know, it would be a blast to plan a mini-track day.
Bondurant has an available track time on Saturday, May 4, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. They are currently NOT set up for us to use our own cars, there is no minimum age requirement, you just need to have a valid driver's license, and you can bring your own helmet.

If you're available and interested, please let me know so we can get a count on number of drivers and decide on what three events we would like to do. Remember it's $99 / Event / Driver, so a total of $300 for a fun filled day!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #8090
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
"Skid Control", otherwise known as Drifting???

I'm in!!!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #8091
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Not trying to hijack Big Sis, but I personally think NASA AZ is a better deal for more seat time in your own car.

Base requirement - $50 annual license.

One day - $169 with in and out of car instruction with HPDE 1. At least four 20 minute sessions on the track.

Two days - $269 with at least four 20 minute sessions per day. Instruction for HPDE 1.

Trust me Four 20 minute sessions are plenty. Without race seats, your arms and/or legs will be sore.

Prices are still TBD, but should be close based on experience. Registration doesn't open until 8 April.

You have to supply your own car, helmet and have an approved roll bar for a vert. I know that is a limiter for those with verts, but I personally prefer to use my own car. Pirellis will be fine until you get faster, but i highly recommend upgrading your brake fluid to DOT 4. I know that there is at least one 1LE and one ZL1 that needs to see the track...

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #8092
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
These stencils are all over the place in and around my neighborhood...I thought it might be elvis, but it's not. Now I'm thinking it has something to do with latin/mexican culture. Anyone have any idea WHO this is?

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote