Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #71
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Yes and they are not selling. Initially they were but that was just the handful of enthusiasts buying them. Miata has the hair dresser and poor mid life crisis market locked up. Autox guys are the ones really after these type cars and they aren't buying new cars for that. The redline and gxp were great cars doomed by their manufactures. There just isn't a big enoug market for cheap compact two sport coupes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
As far as I know, the turbo FR-S and BRZ are NOT available in the US. There are constant rumors about them, but they never actually came.

It's a 2.0 NA motor that you have to rev to the heavens to get any power out of it.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #72
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
The turbo BRZ / FR-S aren't in the US. Just the NA engine. With 200 hp and 151 tq, it definitely needs more power. Everyone always says they don't need more power and they're fantastic drivers cars but with a 0-60 of ~6.5 seconds and that weak of an engine I don't think they're competitive in the space. Bump it to 250 / 250 and people might take notice. Even the turbo Cobalt SS had 260 / 260!
My bad didn't see the "turbo" part. Even the turbo motor they have adds what 20hp?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:04 PM   #73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Weight is a fact, a number - a measurable thing. It's not really open to interpretation.
Latest I re-call was Mr. O. stating in an interview that the SS was "over two hundred pounds lighter...." and the V-6 was "....closer to three hundred pounds lighter....."....Anyhow, after all these years, my question is this..

What are the actual weight numbers now for the 5thGen models?

1LT...2LT....(I'd say LS is off the table as it is "discontinued")...

1SS...2SS.....???...Base model....???

I've seen numerous threads and discussions and disagreements on what these cars even weigh now...Wet, dry, curb, etc.....

Perhaps an official and agreed upon weight of the current models would be helpful before any weights are announced on the 6thGens...

If it's common knowledge, I apologize....but I don't even know what my own SS official factory weight is...lol

I'd hate to see the weights come out on the 6th Gen, and have disagreements about what the 5th Gens weigh....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #74
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I've always gone by the curb weight shown on the Chevrolet website. These are base curb weights.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #75
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Jesus. The difference between a 2ss and 1ss is less than 30lbs right now.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:17 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Jesus. The difference between a 2ss and 1ss is less than 30lbs right now.
Not trying to upset anyone, but the above is exactly the type of vagueness that will be used in "fuzzy math" that some will use to calculate a "less than 200 lb. difference"....

But whatever....no biggie...
Old 07-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #77
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Not trying to upset anyone, but the above is exactly the type of vagueness that will be used in "fuzzy math" that some will use to calculate a "less than 200 lb. difference"....

But whatever....no biggie...
From Chevy's site. Don't break down by options but this is a good enough benchmark form me.
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ure_102214.pdf
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
From Chevy's site. Don't break down by options but this is a good enough benchmark form me.
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ure_102214.pdf
Excellent....looks pretty official...lol...works for me, too...thanks....

If it's that simple, I don't get what the Mustang forum guys are trying to calculate...lol...
Old 07-09-2015, 11:31 PM   #79
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Excellent....looks pretty official...lol...works for me, too...thanks....

If it's that simple, I don't get what the Mustang forum guys are trying to calculate...lol...
They are trying to calculate a way to make themselves feel better.

The heavier the Camaro the less it will pound on the mustang in every performance benchmark when it is released. It is one of the last things they have hope left in.

The lighter it is the uglier it will be for them. Hence they are arguing about every pound....

Also....GM is evil. Pure evil. You cant believe a word from them. Official specs wont mean a thing to a lot of them. The only way this will end, being half of them cant think for themselves, is when someone special weighs one and reports the results. It may show GM has the numbers off by a few pounds im sure one way or another (without thinking about the scales accuracy or other factors such as options etc.... hell they are looking so nutty I wouldn't doubt they would add weight to the car)....they will rejoice...have a circle jer* and feel better about themselves.
All while forgetting the mustang is listed at 3700 pounds and has been weighed at well over 3800lbs. Not questioning a thing or worrying about the options etc.
For example the endless ranting about a 3760 ats-v. It is listed at 3700...for the base model like everything is. Doesn't mean a damn thing. Change a few options and the scales be off a bit and their you go.
But yet...GM are liars they are truth.

If a same day same driver same track professional comparison of cars isn't enough to break the stupidity of that place do you really think official curb weights will phase them? lol...this is just the beginning.

Just for the heck of it....does anyone have any proof of a legitimately weighed 2015 mustang gt that has verified all fluids filled to top and everything legit...showing exactly 3700lbs? All ive seen are pathetic attempts with people who dont know what curb weight mean. Weigh them with no gas and rejoice because they think the car is almost 100 lbs lighter (the weight of the gas lol)
I haven't seen one. FORD IS LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAAAARRRRRR
LMAO...pathetic

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 07-09-2015 at 11:46 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:24 AM   #80
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
They are trying to calculate a way to make themselves feel better.

The heavier the Camaro the less it will pound on the mustang in every performance benchmark when it is released. It is one of the last things they have hope left in.

The lighter it is the uglier it will be for them. Hence they are arguing about every pound....

Also....GM is evil. Pure evil. You cant believe a word from them. Official specs wont mean a thing to a lot of them. The only way this will end, being half of them cant think for themselves, is when someone special weighs one and reports the results. It may show GM has the numbers off by a few pounds im sure one way or another (without thinking about the scales accuracy or other factors such as options etc.... hell they are looking so nutty I wouldn't doubt they would add weight to the car)....they will rejoice...have a circle jer* and feel better about themselves.
All while forgetting the mustang is listed at 3700 pounds and has been weighed at well over 3800lbs. Not questioning a thing or worrying about the options etc.
For example the endless ranting about a 3760 ats-v. It is listed at 3700...for the base model like everything is. Doesn't mean a damn thing. Change a few options and the scales be off a bit and their you go.
But yet...GM are liars they are truth.

If a same day same driver same track professional comparison of cars isn't enough to break the stupidity of that place do you really think official curb weights will phase them? lol...this is just the beginning.

Just for the heck of it....does anyone have any proof of a legitimately weighed 2015 mustang gt that has verified all fluids filled to top and everything legit...showing exactly 3700lbs? All ive seen are pathetic attempts with people who dont know what curb weight mean. Weigh them with no gas and rejoice because they think the car is almost 100 lbs lighter (the weight of the gas lol)
I haven't seen one. FORD IS LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAAAARRRRRR
LMAO...pathetic
Uh oh they're gonna start talking sh*t about you there now.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:41 AM   #81
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
You guys need to stop worrying about the MRC weight. I remember someone weighing the difference on the Vette and it was like 3lbs per corner. I don't think MRC is going to add significant weight like some of you guys think.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:50 AM   #82
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Uh oh they're gonna start talking sh*t about you there now.
I hope they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
You guys need to stop worrying about the MRC weight. I remember someone weighing the difference on the Vette and it was like 3lbs per corner. I don't think MRC is going to add significant weight like some of you guys think.
Yep. I thought I read 7 or 9 lbs for some reason. Not sure if that's per corner or total.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #83
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Not really. There is a significant market for Turbo 4 cars that GM would like to tap into. Think about it this way...the first car you get is a Sonic. You are now ready to move up a notch. You could go to a Cruze or Malibu or you could buy a sporty car. You are comfortable with the 4-banger, so that's where you will probably start looking. Mazda, Subaru, even Ford have them but not GM. There's a niche that they see some opportunity in.

Many won't go that route, but some will. The F&F attitude is a separate issue. Most will never mod enough to be really fast, no matter what they think, but I personally know of a few Turbo 4s around here that will lay waste to most V8 Camaros and Corvettes.

Additionally, most Camaros sold have come with a V6, so I'm not sure the average person really views the Camaro as a V8 car. Enthusiasts often look at that way, though.
I hear what you're saying. and it makes sense. I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #84
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
To me it makes sense that the MRC only weighs a couple pounds more. The only weight differences i can tell from it are the density of the fluid and the weight in the length of the tower, the electrical components aren't going to add much at all. The system is basically the original shock with two electrical probes in it that vary the voltage to the fluid. Simple but genius.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote