Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #43
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
how many Camaro orders were placed between October 13 and mid to late November? That is how long long we with Blue SS models ordered will have to wait, my guess is that if 6000 were ordered early, the Blue SS will have VIN numbers greater than 6000, of course they are building Blue V6, we don't see the VIN's as they are Dealer cars.
That doesn't make sense. Order date has nothing to do with it. If there was a constraint, they would've placed it in the system. There's no reason for them not to have done that. Also, we know of at least one car ordered in January that has already been built (not blue, but still). Also, people who ordered early could've changed their color, as many did I'm sure. If the orders are already at 3000+, they will be built shortly or could already have been built for all we know. Again, please do not take the information we've gained from the VIN thread as gospel. There's lots of issues at play that result in that information being incomplete. We've only got 4 IOM cars in the list. So who's to say that blue's just weren't ordered (as in move past 1100) in the first week?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #44
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just came across this previous post... problem solved!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...607#post342607

Looks like an IBM LS to me.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #45
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I just came across this previous post... problem solved!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...607#post342607

Looks like an IBM LS to me.
True that....sadly, he needs to see an IBM SS.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #46
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Sweet Jeebus...I'm all by myself here.......
Attached Images

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #47
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Badger, if there is a problem with the blues, I got the double whammy with a V6 ABM
Old 03-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #48
Badger

Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #49
DragonCamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
O thats would be crap if i can't get mine till nov/dec just because i ordered it in IBM thats would be some major
DragonCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #50
Badger

....I'm going to keep this thread alive until I see a Vin# that says IBM or ABM...you can't tell me that Blue just isn't a popular color....

Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #51
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbarberoilman View Post
I ordered in October IOM. Changed it in January to IBM. I was to be number one at Ed Rinke in Warren Michigan. I hear nothing. What is the problem with Blue?
What....there's no problem with blue...I ordered a 2SS ABM ! I best be getting it !
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #52
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
....I'm going to keep this thread alive until I see a Vin# that says IBM or ABM...you can't tell me that Blue just isn't a popular color....
Well...this is how popular they are on this site. CamaroZ28 and Gen5 have the same survey on theres too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=color+pick

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #53
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Well...this is how popular they are on this site. CamaroZ28 and Gen5 have the same survey on theres too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=color+pick
I guess my point would be that I ordered on 10/27/08 and I am priority 1 at my dealer who got a consensus for this week of production. I hate to sound like a broken record...I guess I'm just getting nervous not seeing blue on any VIN's...If it's going to be a rare color all the more better for me I guess...but maybe I just need to not log onto here until friday..sorry guys just seems too wierd for me..i dunno

Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #54
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I guess my point would be that I ordered on 10/27/08 and I am priority 1 at my dealer who got a consensus for this week of production. I hate to sound like a broken record...I guess I'm just getting nervous not seeing blue on any VIN's...If it's going to be a rare color all the more better for me I guess...but maybe I just need to not log onto here until friday..sorry guys just seems too wierd for me..i dunno
No biggy dude. Almost understandable. But, you have to accept facts. There was a problem with CGM...so Chevy put a constraint on it. Don't you think Chevy would do the same for Blue if there was a problem? It doesn't compute.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #55
z28mass
z28 mass

Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
I don't know if it's just the color or what? I placed my order for a IOM SS2 back in 10/20/08 and I am still on 1100 and only 3 cars were made on that color and only auto. I don't know what is going on but it seems the earlier you placed the order the longer you have to wait. I did not chance my order or color. I am #2 at the dealer and priority 1. Go figure. Maybe they have something against the blues or IOM's
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #56
Badger

Well...Now I'm all kinds of pissed off and confused!..I just called the Chevy 800 number and gave them my order number and asked for a status on my order..after about a half an hour and a call back from the guy( because I was on hold so long)....He tells me that my TPW is April 13th!!...The Sales Manager at my dealership told me this week!...I just called the dealership and he is off today but I will be up there getting some answers tomorrow. I'm not sure what to think at this point!