Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #15
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
Supplies

Pure organic Castile soap ( can get this at vitamin cottage or whole foods)
Kiwi suede/nubuck kit( can get at Target or Walmart)
Toothbrush
Rag
Vacuum cleaner hose

First thing you want to do is use the toothbrush and the vacuum cleaner hose.

Grab the toothbrush and turn the vacuum hose on. Brush all the areas of the wheel and follow it with the vacuum. This is is to get all the lose debrees on the wheel.

After thoroughly brushing and cleaning the wheel. Take a small bowl and pour the Castile soap in some water. You use Castile soap because it is not harsh on the suede and it is very affective.

Take the rag, lightly dab the rag in the soap and gently start with one area of the wheel. Now you do not want to press hard, you just want to gently rub in a reverse circular motion, then reverse the motion. You will start to see the dirt and grime on the rag.

Go to the next section of the wheel and repeat the same procedure until entire wheel is clean.

You can now take a dry rag and lightly go over the wheel and get as much dampness out the wheel.
Let dry
Now take the white brush you see in the pic and now lightly brush the wheel to pick up the fibers of the suede. Reverse the direction with the brush to get the fibers to stand.
Done

EXTRA TIP
I would also invest in some gloves. This will prevent oils and dirt from your hand getting on your wheel.

I went to harbor freight and picked up some mechanic grip gloves ($2) and I put them on every time I drive. I will warn you lol you will get stares but eh oh well!! I just keep the gloves in the middle console so that they don't get dirty as well.

Enjoy
Attached Images

seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote